• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Platform Cancel

That is interesting. Snake incurred landing lag on the platform, but momentum kept him going off the platform so it cancelled the lag. Too bad this cannot be more applied.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's weird. I tried to do it again after that happened, but I failed on my attemps. It would be nice if someone discovered how to do it perfectly, so that this way of platform canceling could be useful somehow. Not only for Snake, but also for other characters.

Underload

Lazy
That's interesting. Looks like the new characteristics that platforms in Brawl received aren't as clearcut as we thought.

For those who don't know, in Melee, you could ledge cancel aerials and some specials in a manner very similar to this. You could also do other small things like wavedash backwards off the side of a platform.

See, I thought they totally changed this characteristic in Brawl, but apparently there's a literal point where you can ledgecancel aerials.

Limeee

Smash Champion
hmmmmmm, i'll think about this one

its probably because of the momentum of luigi's nair mixed with weird autocancel frames of dair

i doubt this will turn into anything however

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm not really how useful this stuff could be, its hard to tell. But at least it was cool looking :p

Could this potentially be an effect of buffering a jump after an aerial. I've run through some of the stuff people can do to auto-cancel aerials and I'm not getting anything but we have seen some weird stuff with buffering. It could also be a specific frame in which you can auto-cancel the down air. I unfortunately don't have nimble enough fingers to master buffering so others will need to check to out and if I did I wouldn't cuz I'm lazy.

Top Bottom