• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird New Sonic Stuff from Me!

Tenki

Smash Hero
sweet stuff! :O
super armor grab might bring sonic up a tier!

erm...
Spring spike is known, though it's better placed/more lethal against a hanging person, if you aim it so it lands from the outside.

It's in my finishing moves thread too d:

The Super Armor Grab is just grab outprioritizing the attack. Every character can do it. Things like Ganondorf's side B and Falcon's up B have been mistakenly thought to have super armor when it was just their grabs outprioritizing moves. (Ganon's side B DOES have super armor to everyone else's attacks while he's holding the guy up though)

samper

Smash Cadet
I've seen this before in another character forum, I think it may have been Luigi's, but I think its some general game mechanic that all characters have. If you grab them at the same time they hit you, you take the damage but get the grab anyway. So I'm pretty sure it's not Sonic specific, but its nice to know just the same.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Yeah, grabs have priority over all attacks. If you grab on the same frame you're attacked on, whoever grabbed wins, but still takes damage.

Browny

Smash Hater
ive noticed this too whenever i play against snake, the instant i see them doing a d-smash i wat till the end of the animation and grab him. he takes the damage from the mine explosions, while still remaining in the grab. its difficult to time perfectly, but is recreatable.

probably shoulda mentioned this earlier lol :/

Trillion

Smash Ace
This may or may not also be known, but last I heard the up smash can only spike when near the ledge. I have a video showing that the up smash can spike without being near the ledge, so I can update with that video if anyone would like to see.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
nah all characters can do that armor grab

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord

The up smash doesn't need to be near a ledge to spike, it's just that if it isn't the person usually just hits the stage and... that's not as beneficial.

I don't know why proximity to a ledge would even matter. Who started that rumor >.>

Trillion

Smash Ace
i dont know, but i kept hearing it only worked near the side for some reason. so iwas like wtf that doesnt make sense and then i got it to work and i was like ok then it does

Top Bottom