• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Moves: The Toad Counter

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
This is the first installment of Weird Moves, a series of threads about moves I want to discuss because of how weird they are, and to start things off, I want to talk about...

The Toad Counter!

What makes this move weird is the input: Neutral Special. Thanks to SSBU, we know that Peach was designed before Marth and Roy, the only other characters in Smash history (up to Melee) with a counter. In future installments, every counter would be mapped to Down Special. This is thanks entirely to Marth and Roy, and yet...

Peach's counter is still Neutral Special.

Why did Down Special become the universal counter? Why were Marth and Roy given a different input later in Melee's development? That's what I'd like to know.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think the weirdest part of this move is how it looked pre ultimate like peach is sorta the mom of the Toads Yet she uses one thats in fear as a meatshield!

Top Bottom