• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly twitch.tv SSB Stream featuring Isai (TONIGHT 8/11 8:00pm PST) NOW WITH MIC

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters

M!nt

Smash Champion
Mark, the owner of that twitch account, is going to put my last two streams on youtube.
Permanently? I thought you were really against uploading online matches. What made you change your mind?

Sedda

Smash Champion
I didn't watch much of this stream, but I have a suggestion (kinda sorta). The first stream was great.

The second (and what I saw from this one) was a little bit less entertaining because you repeated a lot of match-ups and didn't play too many different people. Last week's session between you and Dexter was too long. It was great to see, but vary the matchups if you're going to play the same person for longer than 30 minutes to make it more fun. Same thing with the Samus/Yoshi matches with Sheer.

Even if you don't have many people to play with on a certain night, just rotate anyway so that it stays fresh. This sounds like a lot, but they're really minor "complaints," for the lack of a better word. This stream is amazing. Keep it up!

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
As someone who gets easily distracted from watching the stream to try to quote hunt, I'll try to be helpful and actually make a suggestion. If something can be figured out for a system to have commentators commentate on the match, this would probably be one of the biggest improvements to the stream. Commentary can help add variety to the matches so that people don't get bored from seeing the same combos over and over. Commentary can add hype. The commentators could also do a huge favor to the stream by educating the non-ssb64 masses on what is going on during the match because I'm pretty sure that most non-ssb64 players watching the stream just see the game as "slower melee spacing+huge combos".

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
As someone who gets easily distracted from watching the stream to try to quote hunt, I'll try to be helpful and actually make a suggestion. If something can be figured out for a system to have commentators commentate on the match, this would probably be one of the biggest improvements to the stream. Commentary can help add variety to the matches so that people don't get bored from seeing the same combos over and over. Commentary can add hype. The commentators could also do a huge favor to the stream by educating the non-ssb64 masses on what is going on during the match because I'm pretty sure that most non-ssb64 players watching the stream just see the game as "slower melee spacing+huge combos".

And whoever commentates it would get practice for bigger events like Apex

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Problem is there is like a 10 second delay, so one of the players would have need to commentate

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Irregular streaming times are hurting the viewer numbers. I remember there being ~600 viewers before compared to tonight's ~160.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Irregular streaming times are hurting the viewer numbers. I remember there being ~600 viewers before compared to tonight's ~160.
uhm its always been tuesday night starting at 8pm pacific time, i believe. its just been every other tuesday, a few have been skipped.

Truthfully, the low view count compared to previous streams was solely because of VideoGameBooCamp(VGBC) was streaming a Project:M 3.0

Naturally all the normal Clashtourments viewers happen to also be VGBC viewers as well, because they are often streaming the same games(melee, PM, and Brawl). Seeing as to the 3.0 version of P:M JUST came out, it drew a lot of viewers away. (the VGBC stream at 3000+ viewers)

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Isai needs some head and shoulders to cure that flake problem

malva00

Smash Master
stream TONIGHT! look for my chat in the ssb server (whatever it is now; I usually go into the one with the most games)

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
stream TONIGHT! look for my chat in the ssb server (whatever it is now; I usually go into the one with the most games)
Nice, I look forward to seeing some games. Sorry about making you be Isai 2 the other week -- I was in a drunken stupor and found it really funny to see people flock to my game due to the nickname.

malva00

Smash Master
my monitor is acting up tonight

I need a new one. Sometimes it just turns black, and I gotta smack it a few times so I can see anything again.

Last time I stopped the stream because of it (makes me die easily and makes it not as fun), but tonight I'll try to see how much longer I can go because it's too annoying.

DoubleReppuken

Smash Rookie
just made a new account to the boards just to thank you for the stream isai. really enjoy watching 64 even though im garbage at it lol

caneut

Smash Ace
About commentary... Mumble is a pretty good option. If Isai just joins the same server as the commentators he can pick up their sound. Simple as that.

Next, I'm on like, page two of this thread Isai, I'm still in line to play you... right?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Hey I know someone who is on the west coast right now who should totally play with malva00 tonight

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Smash FU or Demon Cat Tribe. You won't be playing in any of 'em anyway, so just choose one. Smash FU is probably the most populated server atm.

Top Bottom