• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly twitch.tv SSB Stream featuring Isai (TONIGHT 8/11 8:00pm PST) NOW WITH MIC

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters

The Star King

Smash Hero
[1:12:35 AM | Edited 1:12:45 AM] username: I was hoping I wasn't going to let myself be turned into a GIF again, but I guess that Samus bomb shenanigan is going to be a GIF.

near with the hard reads

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
that isn't even that high level of a strategy...he was waiting to get hit and slide off and counter(standard) and isai reacted accordingly

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
i have played this game for a while at a high level and i can tell that was one of the best mindgames someone has ever made to me, thats definetly high level of strategy

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
that isn't even that high level of a strategy...he was waiting to get hit and slide off and counter(standard) and isai reacted accordingly
yes but isai purposely walked him off without using an attack which was what allowed him to hit him as soon as he fell off

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Isai is the first person I've seen who has implemented this technique. Most players (including myself) would be doing this if it was a standard strategy, but they don't.

Rather, most would have typically just attempted to either shield break, push the opponent off the platform with one or more attacks, or grab the opponent.

Sedda

Smash Champion
The only other times I've seen that happen were with Mango and Jousuke. Pretty neat.
I know mew2king has done it before in Melee, but it's pretty rare. great mix-up

-edit: I wonder why chibo doesn't make highlight reels out of this for youtube.

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
yes but isai purposely walked him off without using an attack which was what allowed him to hit him as soon as he fell off
Still seems like it blows everyone's minds so much, when this is one of the standard approaches to dealing with a shield slide off a platform ( grabs, hitting them the wrong way, doing nothing and waiting for an action are others that come to mind ). bane, zenyore, frogles, and jamie have all done this to me :c

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Still seems like it blows everyone's minds so much, when this is one of the standard approaches to dealing with a shield slide off a platform ( grabs, hitting them the wrong way, doing nothing and waiting for an action are others that come to mind ). bane, zenyore, frogles, and jamie have all done this to me :c
ya ive had people do that to me before too. i think it was just the fact that dex wasnt even that close to the edge of the plat but isai pushed him all the way without getting punished

banze

Smash Journeyman
Only high level playera would think about it instead of hitting the shield and get punished by the opnonents shield drop. Dexter could grab .... But, as anyone else, he was wainting for an attack. Awesome

jinyung2

Smash Cadet
I missed live stream :(

Isai Session #17

vs MATTS!
Falcon vs Kirby (Win) 2 stock HC
Falcon vs Kirby (Loss) 1 stock DL
Falcon vs Kirby (Win) 3 stock DL
Falcon vs Kirby (Win) 1 stock DL
Rat vs Kirby (Win) 2 stock DL
Rat vs Kirby (Win) 4 stock DL
Rat vs Kirby (Win) 5 stock DL
Jiggs vs Kirby (Win) 2 stock DL

vs BANE
Fox vs Fox (Loss) 1 stock HC
Fox vs Fox (Win) 3 stock HC
Fox vs Fox (Win) 4 stock DL
Fox vs Fox (Win) 2 stock DL
Fox vs Fox (Loss) 2 stock DL
Fox vs Fox (Win) 2 stock HC
Kirby vs Fox (Win) 4 stock DL
Kirby vs Fox (Win) 1 stock DL
Kirby vs Fox (Win) 4 stock DL
Kirby vs Rat (Win) 2 stock DL
Kirby vs Rat (Win) 1 stock DL

and some gifs!

Sedda

Smash Champion
thanks HAN SOLO. Jinyung, is there any way you could make highlight videos of these moments? Maybe a highlight video of sessions 1-5 and so on. Clashtournaments isn't doing it xD

jinyung2

Smash Cadet
sry guys im a 64 noob and they were all really flashy and i like flashy stuff :D

thanks HAN SOLO. Jinyung, is there any way you could make highlight videos of these moments? Maybe a highlight video of sessions 1-5 and so on. Clashtournaments isn't doing it xD
As neat as that would be I have no idea how to video edit :( I just learned how to make gifs from imgur using some program called gifcam

malva00

Smash Master
sorry guys going to take a break this week and FIDDLE around with nonograms. I made a spreadsheet to help me create my own nonograms and I'm playing around with it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for the lack of YouTube on these. I have been compiling them though so I can release the footage on a bit more of a downtime between events. They are all however available as highlights on Twitch. If anyone wants to submit times for a highlight from a session, I've be more than glad to cut the clips out and release the highlights.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
think it started around the time Isai last posted (the post before yours)

forgot it says day x and not time after a whole day. It was 4 hours before your post just in case.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
hey guys going to stream CONSOLE with the GRINGOS on clashtournaments in a few minutes. be on the lookout

Top Bottom