• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Weekly Smashboards AMAs FAQ + Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
WEEKLY AMAs FAQ +DIRECTORY
Welcome to the Weekly AMA Directory, the go-to spot for all you need to know about our weekly AMAs, or "Ask Me Anything"s.

FAQ

What is this "AMA" thing?

"Ask Me Anything". Every week or so, a user is given their own thread, where there will be asked a number of questions by other users, for about a week or so.

How are the AMA subjects selected exactly?
People request me to add em to the "List of Future AMA subjects" (See below). The day or so before each scheduled AMA, I will put the listed names in a randomizer so everyone gets an equal chance, even if you just signed up or not.

What type of questions are allowed,
Keep to the general rules here, so be polite, keep things SFW, and so on. Some general ideas for questions can be along the likes of "Waffles or Pancakes?" or "what is an accomplishment you're most proud of?".

How many questions can we ask?
Please keep it to a max of 3 at a time. After the user has answered them, then you may ask more.

When do these AMA threads go up?
I try to get an AMA up once a week, usually seven days after the previous one. Keep in mind, that due to general businesses (or me just straight up forgetting) it might go up a day or two late.

How long do these threads stay open for questions?
In general, I try to keep em up for a either a whole week or whenever the next AMA is posted, then they get locked up. But if you still want to view em, don't worry, we've got an archive of all the prior AMAs in the Previous AMAs section of this thread

I'd be interested in this, how do I sign up?
Lemme know via PM, profile post on my wall, or tag in a thread then I'll add you to the "List of Future AMA subjects down below

How many AMAs can we have?
This tends to fluctuate depending on our traffic and such, but for now, I'm allowing 4 rounds of AMAs a person before they have to wait and give others a shot. Again, this may change in the future assuming we go through a majority of the list.

LIST OF FUTURE AMA SUBJECTS

Again, if you're interested in being added to this list, please lemme know, via a mention or PM. Names will be drawn at random via a randomizer, so even if you just signed up, you'll still have an equal chance of getting picked as someone who signed up months ago.

For now, the limit of AMAs per person until they have to wait will be 4, at least until I go through a majority of this list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
PREVIOUS AMAS

This the current list of previous AMAs for your viewing pleasure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom