• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Do they mention anything new about the soundtrack offer?
They mention what is already known, that if you register both 3DS and Wii U versions to Club Nintendo you get the soundtrack. Below that it just lists the artists and what games they are known for, etc.

And noted, about wanting to see the other pages translated. Character summaries will remain lowest priority, but I will take a look at those others too when I have time, then. : )

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Thanks again for the information, XKan.

I'm not sure that any of the rest would prove new or interesting, but perhaps the detailed explanation of customization might hold some tidbits? That is the only part I would be personally curious about.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks again for the information, XKan.

I'm not sure that any of the rest would prove new or interesting, but perhaps the detailed explanation of customization might hold some tidbits? That is the only part I would be personally curious about.
Sure, at your and the other poster's request I'll translate that part and have it up shortly. : )

EDIT: Here is the page translated. I did not want to double post, so notifying you this way, @ Thinkaman Thinkaman

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@ XKan XKan
Just so you know; retroactive quotes and tagging won't alert the destination user. It has to be in the post as it first went live.

While addressing a user is not a viable grounds for a double post, if you are updating others on important information (magazine scans, data collection, etc.), we won't hunt you down for it. :)

I'll add your latest scans to the OP. Thanks, as always.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ Hong Hong

Oh, is that so? I will keep this in mind for next time. Thank you! : )

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman

This is just to alert you that I updated the other post with the translation you wanted. : )

I am working on the character summary pages now just for completionism... here is the cover page, which doesn't have much in the way of translation, but a nice artwork regardless:

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the effort you have put into this!
Thank you. It pays off when I hear things like this. : )

@ Hong Hong

Ah, please update the thread title to 9/3 when possible, too. : )

Here are both character summary pages... this leaves just one more page of this week's batch, which will probably be up tomorrow.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Thank you. It pays off when I hear things like this. : )

@ Hong Hong

Ah, please update the thread title to 9/3 when possible, too. : )

Here are both character summary pages... this leaves just one more page of this week's batch, which will probably be up tomorrow.

From Captain Falcon: "His body is the ultimate weapon!" I love that.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Just a quick question: on Lucina's profile, it mentions a "sour spot" which is most likely supposed to be sweet spot.
But outside of the correction, is it just a similar expression in the original Japanese post, or is it a word that just doesn't translate well directly English?

Regardless, thanks again for the scans! I'm sure we all appreciate your work.

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question: on Lucina's profile, it mentions a "sour spot" which is most likely supposed to be sweet spot.
But outside of the correction, is it just a similar expression in the original Japanese post, or is it a word that just doesn't translate well directly English?

I think they're just referring to Marth's move's when not tippered.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

No, actually, sourspot is a term used by Smash competitive players (and really anyone discussing Smash on the internet) to refer to attacks which, rather than having a point where the attack hits more powerfully, has a point where the attack hits much weaker. Sometimes, it's also simply used to refer to the weak hit on an attack whose sweetspot makes it an "all or nothing" deal, such as Zelda's Lightning Kick or Captain Falcon's Knee of Justice. An example of an attack which has a sourspot rather than a sweetspot is Mario's Forward Smash, where hitting with his arm makes the attack weaker.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Today's scans (9/3) were about Shulk, then a summary of characters we know of up to now, and then a recap on single player modes, and then a few things abut the bonus OST; so I prioritized Shulk's page, and may or may not do the others, unless people really want them. : )

Here is Shulk's pages, translated:

Hehe, that swimsuit. I am not familiar with the game however, so the names were translated very literally.

For anyone interested, here are the other pages, scanned by NintendoEverything. If you think they are worth translating, then please say so.

Popular song? Are they talking about You Will Know Our Names? Cause it's the most popular song out of the whole Xenoblade soundtrack (and one of my favorite songs of all video games). And it played during Shulk's trailer, so I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
No, actually, sourspot is a term used by Smash competitive players (and really anyone discussing Smash on the internet) to refer to attacks which, rather than having a point where the attack hits more powerfully, has a point where the attack hits much weaker. Sometimes, it's also simply used to refer to the weak hit on an attack whose sweetspot makes it an "all or nothing" deal, such as Zelda's Lightning Kick or Captain Falcon's Knee of Justice. An example of an attack which has a sourspot rather than a sweetspot is Mario's Forward Smash, where hitting with his arm makes the attack weaker.
I'll admit I'm not very competitive, so I've always assumed it would be Marth with a sweetspot on the tip, instead of Marth with a sourspot on the blade (although maybe that's pretty much saying the same thing? Or are attacks referred to having a sweet and sour spot rather then a sweet spot only? Although this isn't the place for me to ask about terminology or differences between using the two terms so I should probably stop asking for now.) Sorry for getting it mixed up.

Thanks for pointing that out, though :). I'll hopefully be learning more as I keep playing and try to start getting into more competitive play.

Although I'm still curious about how it translates over.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I'll admit I'm not very competitive, so I've always assumed it would be Marth with a sweetspot on the tip, instead of Marth with a sourspot on the blade (although maybe that's pretty much saying the same thing? Or are attacks referred to having a sweet and sour spot rather then a sweet spot only? Although this isn't the place for me to ask about terminology or differences between using the two terms so I should probably stop asking for now.) Sorry for getting it mixed up.

Thanks for pointing that out, though :). I'll hopefully be learning more as I keep playing and try to start getting into more competitive play.

Although I'm still curious about how it translates over.
It probably said something about Lucina not having a sourspot on the blade.

XKan

Smash Apprentice

The word indeed would not translate as well, it was クセ, or "bad habit"/"kink"/etc. I started translating more to Smash Bros terms, so used that term as it is what they were referring to. As the above posters have said, they meant in reference to Marth, she has no weaker damage down the blade. I hope that helps clear things. : )

Popular song? Are they talking about You Will Know Our Names? Cause it's the most popular song out of the whole Xenoblade soundtrack (and one of my favorite songs of all video games). And it played during Shulk's trailer, so I'm pretty sure that's what they're talking about.
Yes, they did not give a title, but as they said "beloved" song, I suppose it is the same one you refer to. : )

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
They're refering to Gaur Plains which a lot of fans enjoy because it's very motivating. Thus the "moving song"

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Finally, the last page is done... it took a little longer because of lack of new information being a de-motivator and more text than usual, but here you go! Until next week!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
XKan, it's good having kind people like you around. Thanks for everything, man. Sincerely.

So, after all of this information, eho else is pretty excited for Smash?

XKan

Smash Apprentice
XKan, it's good having kind people like you around. Thanks for everything, man. Sincerely.

So, after all of this information, eho else is pretty excited for Smash?
You are most welcome!

XD If anything it's made me tired for now! The game comes out next Saturday in Japan, so I assume the articles will end next week or the week after. : )

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ XKan XKan I know these aren't Famitsu images, but I feel these are just as important to translate. Do you mind (in spoiler)?
Thanks in advance!
Some of those images failed to load for me... but I saw the imgur part was from Nintendoeverything, so found the thread with the pictures on them! I would gladly translate some for you --but the picture angle and quality makes them rather hard to read ^^;

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Some of those images failed to load for me... but I saw the imgur part was from Nintendoeverything, so found the thread with the pictures on them! I would gladly translate some for you --but the picture angle and quality makes them rather hard to read ^^;
What about this one? Here is a larger image (I hope)

The only part I would really like is that little mini game thing in the bottom right image. The one that may be the streepass game. If you can. :)

XKan

Smash Apprentice
What about this one? Here is a larger image (I hope)

The only part I would really like is that little mini game thing in the bottom right image. The one that may be the streepass game. If you can. :)
It loaded in the other thread, but thanks again for the re post, that section is readable indeed!

"Battle your rivals with spinning tops over Streetpass!"
"Battle by running your spinning tops into your rival, knocking them off the map! The goal is to knock as many out as you can!"

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Thank you very much sir! There are other images also that can be posted, but I don't know if you would want to waste your time on info that may or may not be relevant.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Wait what's wuth the Classic Sonic image there? I don't think it's an alt costume because no one saw it on the japanese demos, but man that would be awesome if it is

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Wait what's wuth the Classic Sonic image there? I don't think it's an alt costume because no one saw it on the japanese demos, but man that would be awesome if it is
That is just talking about his character history. It has nothing to do with him in Smash Brothers 4. : )

An advance notice to people, I've come down with an illness so if Famitsu releases more Smash Brothers info tomorrow I may not be able to translate it as fast as usual, or at all... but please feel free to post the scans here anyway when they appear for other translators to look at, and I will if feeling up to it, too.

gamer8

Smash Lord
That is just talking about his character history. It has nothing to do with him in Smash Brothers 4. : )

An advance notice to people, I've come down with an illness so if Famitsu releases more Smash Brothers info tomorrow I may not be able to translate it as fast as usual, or at all... but please feel free to post the scans here anyway when they appear for other translators to look at, and I will if feeling up to it, too.
Don't worry about it, you've done more than enough for us and the game is about to come out anyways. We'll be fine. Get well soon.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Your priority should be getting better anyways. And besides, we can discuss and predict while you're gone just so when you show up, we'll see who was the closest to the right prediction!

Seriously, thanks for everything and take care of your self, bud.

PhantimGanon

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhantimGanon

Get well Kan. You're a rock star, friend.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I think we can give xKan a break for this info with the game coming out soon.

I don't think you would survive an extra hundred pages of translations...

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-100-page-famitsu-supplement/
Yes... I had just seen this in the Famitsu too... XD that would kill me...if it helps anybody though, it is:

Top Left: Fighter Info
Mid Left: Taunts
Bottom Left: Character History (original series/etc)
Bottom Left Pictures: Alternate outfits

Top right section: Specal moves (direction on stick tells you which move it is)
Bottom right: Final Smash

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Every single announced character has a page that shows their colors except the one I wanted to see... No Zelda page really?

Top Bottom