• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Famitsu Fighter Profiles (Updated 9/10)

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Didn't Meta Knight's FS only hit the people he trapped and the people that got hit by the area of the slash?
Not completely sure. I'm pretty sure it's just everybody gets hit, but it might be that.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Generally they disclose new information when it will be of the least value, so probably Mega Man and someone else next.:079:
WHAT DO YOU KNOW

NVM, I took Pac-man as "3rd party" in my mind but for whatever reason I thought it was Megaman -_-

Anyway, how did you know new Famitsu page will be released on August 21?

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for your hard work. I know everybody here appreciates this greatly :D
Thank you, it is nice to hear that. You are very welcome. : )

Didn't Meta Knight's FS only hit the people he trapped and the people that got hit by the area of the slash?
The wording in the original stated "may/can," the degree of possibility made me figure that, even if not caught in the cape, somebody standing in the "slash" range will get hit and sent flying off, rather than if they were say, a safe distance away from the slash itself.

@ Hong Hong

Oh, speaking of Mega Man (the above poster quoted you on it), I saw they actually covered him in Smash Fist Part 2 (I started translating from Part 3), so I hope to get that translated sometime over the week.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Thank you, it is nice to hear that. You are very welcome. : )

The wording in the original stated "may/can," the degree of possibility made me figure that, even if not caught in the cape, somebody standing in the "slash" range will get hit and sent flying off, rather than if they were say, a safe distance away from the slash itself.

@ Hong Hong

Oh, speaking of Mega Man (the above poster quoted you on it), I saw they actually covered him in Smash Fist Part 2 (I started translating from Part 3), so I hope to get that translated sometime over the week.
Oh ok, so it remains unchanged then. Thanks for the clarification!

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Meta Knight's Final Smash has always hit everyone, including teammates in a team battle even if Team Attack is OFF. Those not caught by the cape directly take significantly less damage (10% instead of 40%, though the knockback is still quite powerful) and have the opportunity to dodge the attack by using a counter move or anything else that grants intangibility or invincibility frames.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know the Source of this? And/Or specifically what it says about Dark Pit in the bottom right?
The source is this very forum, with the kind user who uploaded it here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/latest-nintendo-dream-scans-7-19-next-issue-8-23.364926/

It says, roughly:

"上のイラストの右上に見えるシルエットは・・・ひょっとするとブラックピット?パルテナ参戦ムービーでも姿を見せていたし、何らかの形で「スマブラ」本編にも登場してほしいところだが?

That silhouette in the top right of the above image…is that Dark Pit, perhaps? Considering he was shown to us in a movie about Palutena’s inclusion to Smash Bros, is there a possibility that Dark Pit will want to be included?"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't see Meta Knight's image on the OP.
Where did it goooo...

XKan

Smash Apprentice
@ Bedoop Bedoop

It is in spoiler tags on the previous page. It will be added to the OP whenever Hong is free to do so. : )

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I like how you can actually see space and galaxies in Meta Knight's final smash. They are really putting detail in this game !

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
It may be just Famitsu grasping at straws. Or doesn't it?
Edit: Whoops, totally mixed up Nintendo Dream with something else.

Famitsu's Smash info come straight from Nintendo. The photos used for articles are generally released to the general press as well, which is why you see screenshots from the magazine early sometimes, as Nintendo sent out the photos early.[/quote]

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Thanks for the info!

Hehe, I really like the excuse for choosing PacMan and MetaKnight this time... Now I want to make a FFA with Pac, MK, Kirby and Jiggly (Round Fighters!) or an event match...

D

Deleted member

I like how you can actually see space and galaxies in Meta Knight's final smash. They are really putting detail in this game !
So the contents of inside Rosalina's dress....are in Meta Knight's cape?

Hong

The Strongest
Just a love shout out to @ XKan XKan . Thanks for everything.

I''ll add the latest two to the OP.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Meta Knight has a "Breaker Drill"? HIS IS THE DRILL THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS!

Seriously though an even faster version of that move sounds nuts too. Gogogo OP Meta Knight! Sounds like he has kill power on more moves, too. Oh, and his new Shuttle Loop sounds like it works just like the version of it used by Wing Kirby in the Kirby series games.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Looks like it's Pokemon Week:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwD7odhCAAEj9vY.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwD7oM6CcAAIGly.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwD7qmKCcAAp1uO.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwD7n7cCQAIyrqh.jpg:large

Looks like we finally have info on Pikachu's custom Down Specials, Greninja's Side/Up* Specials, Mega Charizard X, Zoroark is a Pokeball, and a look at N's Castle.

*The Up Special is Hydro Pump
In the last picture, what's this thing:
:substitute:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, here are all four pages translated : )

@ Hong Hong Just to alert you whenever you're free to update the first post. : )

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Lucario's neutral-special is Force Palm now?
That's not a mistranslation, is it?

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's neutral-special is Force Palm now?
That's not a mistranslation, is it?
No, I checked it multiple times. I think what happened there is just bad spacing on the magazine's side. This week especially had strange spacing, like how Charizard's Final Smash title is below, but description is above.

So I believe they meant neutral showing bottom right, but then this other move, Force Palm, they're talking about is bottom left.

...or perhaps they really did change Force Palm to neutral, and made the aura sphere side special...but it is vague regardless. XD That box does indeed say Force Palm though.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It may be just Famitsu grasping at straws. Or doesn't it?
Maybe they saw the leaks :troll:
Hey all, here are all four pages translated : )

@ Hong Hong Just to alert you whenever you're free to update the first post. : )
Another thing, they say Giratina is in his origin form, but that's just his normal form

This

...Is origin form Giratina.

Last edited:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they saw the leaks :troll:

Another thing, they say Giratina is in his origin form, but that's just his normal form

This

...Is origin form Giratina.
Yep! I noticed this as well, but they said Origin Form, so translate it I did... XD

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Interesting the Pikachu's Bown-Bs.
The great thunder looking OP, but I didn't get the Self Generation at all.

I wonder how hard will Flare Blitz hit and how much percentage you'll do to yourself

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Zoroark is such wasted potential. It would be better if it looked like another Pokemon had spawned at first but then at the last minute Zoroark attacks instead.

On a more significant note, does it suggest any downside to Great Thunder? That just sounds like a better version of the move, but I'm sure there's some reason you might want to use standard Thunder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On a more significant note, does it suggest any downside to Great Thunder? That just sounds like a better version of the move, but I'm sure there's some reason you might want to use standard Thunder.
Does more significant damage at the top, less as it goes down.

Also, the fact that it starts from a higher point means it takes a little longer to come down.

Basically, it seems more like a finisher after a combo, rather than being an all-around defense move with a Meteor Smash option, like regular Thunder.

Hong

The Strongest
Added the latest scans to the OP. Good work, @ XKan XKan :202:

That new Thunder is like a dream-come-true for 64 Rat players.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I always wanted the electric move of Blanka for Pikachu, now is finally the moment hehe

Famitsu is hastening its pace... 4 players this time... 2 more numbers until release, let's see which characters get reviewed by this magazine...

Great work as always with the scans and translation, thanks a lot :)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
N's castle looks decent, here's hoping there won't be lasers and reversed controls like in Spear Pillar.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pikachu's Great Thunder has a longer start-up and seems stronger at the top, either a combo finisher or a way to catch people higher up with thunder for early kills.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Though I hate seeing him hurt a lot, that Lucario screenshot with the Force Palm has confirmed another one of Pit's new expressions, in which his eyes are sometimes opened now when he gets hurt as opposed to his eyes being closed all the time. It makes me happier that he and other characters are much more expressive now.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Today's scans (9/3) were about Shulk, then a summary of characters we know of up to now, and then a recap on single player modes, and then a few things abut the bonus OST; so I prioritized Shulk's page, and may or may not do the others, unless people really want them. : )

Here is Shulk's pages, translated:

Hehe, that swimsuit. I am not familiar with the game however, so the names were translated very literally.

For anyone interested, here are the other pages, scanned by NintendoEverything. If you think they are worth translating, then please say so.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Thanks for the translation XKan!

Well... Famitsu has boarded the hype train for Shulk too...

Now, what will they present to the last update before lauch? o.o

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, they seem to be going all out with Shulk's alt costumes. I hope the other newcomers get interesting alts too.

Also I would like to see the other pages translated. I feel it's always good to read these recaps, since they sometimes have tiny little tidbits. And there is one screenshot in that last page that piques my interest regarding custom equipment.

Top Bottom