• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Character Discussion: Zero Suit Samus

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The backroom discussion for ZSS was pathetic..........just got around to reading it and I seriously lol'd. Why would they even post that?
Because nobody but Dazwa plays/knows much about ZSS and OS seriously got his facts wrong.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Don't think you can act like you're special just because your name is in purple. Light blue is where it's at anyway :p
You know, I could change my name to blue if I wasn't afraid of the color change baleeting my custom title...

So you win this round :(

EDIT: I forgot to be on topic:

Wolf is pretty good.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This is beyond stoopid; please stop digging your own grave.

If you are actually good, you don't need special strategies to deal with crappy people - you just BEAT THEM DOWN. The only time you will lose a game is if you kill yourself 3 times, which means that you aren't all that good or you are drunk.

And a LOT of characters have moves that are strongest at their tip - this doesn't make them more like Marth, it makes them more like 1/2 the cast. Marth is the only all-tipper character - no one else shares that. Also, Samus' side-B cannot non-tip: it has a deadzone, which means it ONLY hits at the tip. Marth's attacks hit everywhere else but are way stronger at the end.
I wasn't talking about her side b. I'm talking about her standard attacks. And I was comparing her to Marth because he had a great range in melee, but not in brawl. ZSS now has that great range. I know Marth isn't the only all-tipper character.

And if the bad person you're facing constantly spams attacks and doesn't let you attack them and acts all gay and everything, then chances are you will lose. beating them down won't help.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
And if the bad person you're facing constantly spams attacks and doesn't let you attack them and acts all gay and everything, then chances are you will lose. beating them down won't help.
First off, no player should just let you attack them. You have find a way through their defenses. Spam can be tough to find a way through at first or with certain characters, but if you have a bit of practice against spam, it's easy. It can be frustrating, which impairs your ability to think, but keeping a level head is another thing that takes practice.

Good players also use spam and "brick walls" to frustrate or bait opponents, but the difference between them and a noob is that they are doing it with intent and with a plan for when the spam is countered. Crappy players who spam don't have a multi-layered strategy built around it, so just watch their predictable spam pattern, analyze it, break through it at the right moment, and **** them. Just don't let it affect you mentally.

And on topic, ZSS rawks.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
how good is her matchup against olimar? Right now i am using marth because he has an advantage over olimar, but i might switch to ZSS if her matchup is good. my friend uses olimar and im tired of losing to him.

Adapt

Smash Lord
You know, I could change my name to blue if I wasn't afraid of the color change baleeting my custom title...

So you win this round :(

Custom titles should take precedence over any other user group title.
(I used to be an admin on a vbulletin forum)

ZSS vs olimar is pretty even, neither really has a glaring advantage over the other but Olimar is better on the ground and ZSS is better in the air.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I've played a good Oli a couple times and from my limited understanding of the matchup, Oli can't camp ZSS the way he can to many, many other characters (running away with pikmin toss and pivot grab being his camping strategy).

My random thoughts:

Side-B outranges his grab ever so slightly (even with blues I think) and I think the only way pikmin toss interrupts side-B is if he throws purples, but keeping purples in stock weakens his grab game. The paralyzer disrupts him nicely too.

He does rack damage very well if you don't keep him in check and he can kill ZSS fairly early if you get caught. ZSS can pressure him well, but you have to be very wary of the dmg you are absorbing from the pikmin that will get tossed at you. Clearing them off becomes top priority, but you have to do it in a way that does not leave you open but at the same time, does not let the pressure off him too much, as the less time you give him to pull pikmin, the better.

It's also hard to ledgecamp him with dsmash because he can drop down, then jump and up-air through the stage, then re-tether. Side-B can still be used to ledgecamp him though and he can only re-tether 3 times before he must touch the stage again.

I think overall she gimps him better than he gimps her.

I don't she she's necessarily worse off on the ground than the air, as he has aerials that you need to be careful of and your range on the ground is superior.

All in all, it seems like a pretty even fight to me, though I might tip it just a little towards ZSS b/c I think she can control the pace better than he can. However, I don't think it's anything that can't be managed by an Oli who knows the matchup well.

If you are looking for an Oli COUNTER, then ZSS is probably not your character.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
id say a space animal would be a good counter toward Oli
other new s im picking up ZSS as a 2nd main and im still trying to get my combos down...any good combos with ZSS

mimic_king

Smash Lord
A rack is a woman's boobs. I knew that in the 5th grade, mainly because some perverted kid told me, but I'm pretty sure anyone could find that out.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
so is this why the board feels kinda empty cause you get flamed for not searching up info? glad i read the stickies first lol.
People that post smart stay. People that can handle flaming stay. We weed out the weak and keep everything for those with strong constitutions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic doesn't need to be stickies anymore.

Also, stop spamming.

Top Bottom