• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Weekly AMA: Lamperouge (ROUND 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
405104.jpg

Lamperouge

This AMA's subject is a Xenoblade fanatic, and the Social Thread's favorite light, Lamperouge

Now this ain't Lamperouge's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Lamperouge's initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from 2020, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Lamperouge has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Lamperouge Lamperouge , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What is your biggest hope for Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
1. Favorite memories from growing up in IKEA?
2. What started you on this sinful and life-destroying path of weebery?
3. Pick a fairy tale for Disney to adapt. BUT, you also have to make up an obnoxious sidekick that relates to the original story.

Voiced by James Corden.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

This AMA's subject is a Persona and Xenoblade fanatic, and the Social Thread's favorite light, Lamperouge

Now this ain't Lamperouge's first AMA here as they were a subject twice before. I'd strongly recommend checking out Lamperouge's initial AMA from 2019, along with their second one from 2020, just so we don't get a majority of repeat questions. However a good amount of time has passed from them and some answers may have changed, so at the same time, I wouldn't completely discourage repeats either.

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Lamperouge has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to the Weekly AMA Directory. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. Even if you've been a subject in the past, you're free to go again! We'll try to draw one name for an AMA each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to the Prior AMAs section in the AMA Directory

Alright, Lamperouge Lamperouge , you ready?

I'll start:
  1. On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied are you with Ultimate's set of newcomers?
  2. What is your biggest hope for Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
  3. Waffles or pancakes?
1. 10; I got my most wanted in Pyra/Mythra and Ridley, characters I really wanted to see make it in like the Castlevania duo, Ken, Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth, as well as a few choices like Joker and Hero that have introduced me to what are now some of my favorite games of all time. Even the character inclusions that didn't particularly strike a chord with me were still typically fun to play, so I have no complaints.

Wonderful newcomers all around.

2. Storywise, I want to see them lean less into (or cut out all together) those uncomfortable anime troupes that gave the second game such a bad rep. I'd also like to see some connections to Xenogears and Xenosaga, properly linking all three series together.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I just want a battle system that's fleshed out and intuitive. Ideally, it'd be more similar to the first game with each character having their own distinct feel and unique abilities, but I'm still unsure if I'd want the arts palette back or for them to just go with a different layout completely.

3. I can go for either one but I have a bigger affinity towards pancakes.

1) Are you a Beefuru muncher? :4pacman:

2) Will you kill Ryu Hayabusa with kindness... and bullets?:4pacman:

3) Do you believe Sly Cooper can fly?:4pacman:
1. I can't say I know what that is.

2. No, but I'd kill him with birds.

That seems to be his kryptonite.

3. How can I argue with the footage presented to me?

1. Do you like Silvagunner?
2. Favorite Anime/Manga?
3. Least favorite Anime/Manga?
1. Yeah, why wouldn't I enjoy music rips of the highest quality.

2. Anime:
  • Gurren Lagann
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Code Geass
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Death Note
  • 86: Eighty Six
  • Bakemonogatari
  • Darling in the Franxx
  • Kill la Kill
  • Panty and Stocking
  • Dragon Ball
  • Attack on Titan
  • Demon Slayer
  • Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
  • Laid-Back Camp
Manga:
  • Nagatoro
  • 86 (although this is actually a light novel series)
  • Monogatari Series (same with 86)
  • Komi Can't Communicate
  • Dragon Ball
3. Akame ga Kill is probably the worst anime I've seen but even then I'd just say it was mostly "mid".

1. Favorite memories from growing up in IKEA?
2. What started you on this sinful and life-destroying path of weebery?
3. Pick a fairy tale for Disney to adapt. BUT, you also have to make up an obnoxious sidekick that relates to the original story.

Voiced by James Corden.
1. All the people who'd pass me by and say " Wow, that little guy sure has a bright future ahead of him. He'll surely be a positive light in someone's life someday."

Okay I'm joking it was really when they brought in the most beautiful HEKTAR floor lamp that I've ever seen, love at first sight I'm tellin ya

2. It probably dates all the way back to my older brother getting me hooked on Dragon Ball when I was growing up, but I think what really triggered it the most was when I watched Casshern Sins thinking it was a "muh deep anime", leading the way for me to branch out and try other things.

I have no regrets.

That was also a lie, I have many regrets

3. James Corden as Lenny the Stork, the ugly duckling's best friend who's always been by his side and has a tendency of cracking absolutely horrid jokes even when the situation doesn't call for it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh boy here we go.

1. Top 10 Waifus go! (didn't think I'd forget that one did ya?)

2. What's an anime that you would want to force me to watch if you really could?

3. Darling in the Franxx question - Would you want a spinoff/prequel or a sort of alternate timeline series if you wanted? Just pulled that one out of my ass there.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh boy here we go.

1. Top 10 Waifus go! (didn't think I'd forget that one did ya?)

2. What's an anime that you would want to force me to watch if you really could?

3. Darling in the Franxx question - Would you want a spinoff/prequel or a sort of alternate timeline series if you wanted? Just pulled that one out of my ass there.
1. 10 of em, huh? Hmm, let's see...
  • Vladilena Milizé (86: Eighty Six)
  • Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)
  • Hitagi Senjougahara (Monogatari Series)
  • Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
  • C.C. (Code Geass)
  • Stocking Anarchy (Panty and Stocking)
  • Mai Sakurajima (Rascal Does Not Dream)
  • Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Shantae
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
...That was actually harder than I thought, tbh. Lemme know how trash my taste is.

2. That's kinda difficult to say since you and I seem to have much different taste in anime, but I still think you should give 86 a serious shot and see if it's something that interests you.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood would be my other choice. Just to finally have another mainstream show under your belt, y'know?

3. I wouldn't mind a retelling of the story and seeing them adapt the events from the manga (In case you weren't aware, the second half of the series is completely different from the anime and it's considered less controversial overall, although I wouldn't necessarily say it's superior to what the anime gave us).

4. Favorite Nintendo franchise besides xenoblade?
5. Favorite SEGA franchise besides Persona?
6. Favorite Sony franchise?
4. Metroid, especially the Prime series.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog.

I'm honestly more of an "old school" SEGA fan, with some of my other favorites from them being stuff like Fantasy Zone, Ristar, Vectorman, and NiGHTS. Haven't really dabbled in a lot of their modern stuff, although I'm interested in Yakuza.

And contrary to what the OP states, my only experience with Persona is P5 (and it's expansion) and a few hours of P4G, so I can't really claim to be a fanatic of the series...haha.

6. It's either inFAMOUS or Uncharted.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1. 10 of em, huh? Hmm, let's see...
  • Vladilena Milizé (86: Eighty Six)
  • Zero Two (Darling in the Franxx)
  • Hitagi Senjougahara (Monogatari Series)
  • Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
  • C.C. (Code Geass)
  • Stocking Anarchy (Panty and Stocking)
  • Mai Sakurajima (Rascal Does Not Dream)
  • Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  • Shantae
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
...That was actually harder than I thought, tbh. Lemme know how trash my taste is.

2. That's kinda difficult to say since you and I seem to have much different taste in anime, but I still think you should give 86 a serious shot and see if it's something that interests you.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood would be my other choice. Just to finally have another mainstream show under your belt, y'know?

3. I wouldn't mind a retelling of the story and seeing them adapt the events from the manga (In case you weren't aware, the second half of the series is completely different from the anime and it's considered less controversial overall, although I wouldn't necessarily say it's superior to what the anime gave us).
1. I see Zero Two and Mai plus of course Pyra/Mythra so I say yes its good enough taste. Could have seen another tsundere though.

2. Both are on my list and 86 even more so now cause Crunchy/Funi merge.

3. I've had a look and read the manga today and while it was a betterish ending it was a bit abrupt.
IDK what I'd want from the show other than feeling like it needed about 6 to 10 more episodes to smooth out the plot I'm saying that yes, I think the pregnancy part was fine and the Papa being aliens was alright. Take away Zero Two being a giant Franxx at the end though and other bits.

So I'll throw a few more questions before this gets eaten up by a few cause your a mate:

1. Favourite PlayStation game?

2. Favourite...................isekai and one you want to watch the most? (No pressure).

3. As an American would you visit my country? IDK why but just curious.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7. Favorite Microsoft franchise (No Bethesda and Activision Blizzard)?
8. Favorite SEGA Arcade game?
9. Favorite Bandai Namco franchise?
7. Oh, I'm not really a Microsoft guy.

8. Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier.

9. I enjoy Soulcalibur and Tales, although I'm admittedly an extremely casual fan of both. Need to play more Namco stuff.

4) Would you allow Ryu to shoot Ryu with swords? :4pacman:

5) Want to summon your attack kittens?:4pacman:

6) DID YOU KNOW THAT VIBRATION IS BACK!?:4pacman:
4. I don't think I could do anything to stop him if he really wanted to, tbh.

5. You've forced my hand.

"Vibration?"

So I'll throw a few more questions before this gets eaten up by a few cause your a mate:

1. Favourite PlayStation game?

2. Favourite...................isekai and one you want to watch the most? (No pressure).

3. As an American would you visit my country? IDK why but just curious.
1. If we're exclusively talking first party, I'd say it's a tie between inFAMOUS and Uncharted.

Third parties heavily associated with PS? Metal Gear, easy.

2. Konosuba, I guess. Isekai isn't a genre that interests me too much but maybe I just need to try more.

If I try another isekai, it'll probably be Re:Zero or Mushoku Tensei.

3. I wouldn't be against it, for sure.

KillerCage

Smash Master
7) Favorite Metal Gear boss(es)?

8) Cow? :4pacman:

9) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions?:4pacman:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
7) Favorite Metal Gear boss(es)?

8) Cow? :4pacman:

9) Why are there 6 pedals when there are only 4 directions?:4pacman:
7. Psycho Mantis, The End, Old Snake vs Liquid Ocelot, and...pretty much every Metal Gear Rising boss.

9. The world may never know.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
14. Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?
15. Least Favorite Smash character?
16. Do you like Shrek?
14. Nickelodeon was basically my religion growing up lol.

Spongebob, Invader Zim, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar, Drake and Josh; there were just so many great shows in their lineup. Cartoon Network had some amazing series as well but I was always more faithful to Nickelodeon.

15. Game and Watch.

16. Yeah, those movies have layers. Like onions.

10) Ever hear of the Metropolitan Mutant of Ark? :4pacman:

11) Did you order those Servbots to kidnap Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku ?:4pacman:

12) Would you eat Mythra's cooking?:4pacman:
10. No, but Emile must have.

11. 🤫

12. Only if it's her Miracle Parfait.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
13) Have Mythra and Kazooie made peace?:4pacman:

14) Will you make a donation to Lord Dona'tor?:4pacman:
View attachment 349782

15) DO YOU WANT HALO REACH!?!? :4pacman:
Mythra when Kazooie_ _ Mythra vs_ Kazooie.jpeg

Never.

14. I might know a few lamps that would interest him.

15. Not really.

Did Tom ever get it tho?

17. Most wanted character for Multiversus?
18. Who is you fictional love?
19. Favorite Konami franchise?
17. Austin Powers and/or a RWBY character (preferably Weiss).
18. Megamind 😳
19. Metal Gear Solid, but I also really like Castlevania, Gradius, and Bomberman.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
20. Favorite singer?
21. Favorite non-smash fighting game?
22. Do you like concept of Nostalgia?
20. Chris Daughtry.
21. Street Fighter, but I can **** with almost any Capcom fighting game. ArcSys games are pretty swell, too.
22. If it's used tastefully and not just to mask how shallow something is, then yes.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
23. Most wanted character for PSABR 2?
24. Least favorite game?
25. Least wanted character for Smash?
23. Cloud Strife and Lara Croft
24. Probably one of the 3D Sonic games like Heroes or Shadow the Hedgehog.
25. Another Pokemon, but I know that it's inevitable.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
26. Favorite Hobbies?
27. Least favorite cartoon series?
28. HWYR if PSABR 2 was announced?
26. Gaming, reading, anime, exercising
27. Uncle Grandpa; the little bit I caught from my nephew watching it was enough to convince me that it's complete trash.
28. I don't really care at this point since Smash seems to be pulling a lot of cool characters more closely associated with PS nowadays.

1: What are the recent anime or animated shows you've been following?
2: What are three countries you'd like to visit someday?
3: Why is the Heavy dead?
1. I'm pretty big on Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan.

Don't really follow western animated shows anymore, though.

2. Ireland, Costa Rica, and Italy.

3. It was me

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Guess I'll wrap this up.

32. Opinion about Newgrounds webiste?
33. How did you got in Smashboards?
34. Do you like Hatsune Miku?
32. I used to spend hours on there browsing fan animations and playing flash games as a kid, so I guess you could say I have fond memories of it.
33. September 2018, was curious about the fallout after Isabelle's reveal and how people were taking the "Grinch leak".
34. She has a cute design but I've never played any of the games since rhythm isn't really my thing.

Thanks to everyone who participated and to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for setting it up. 'Twas fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom