• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Warriors - Voting on a Tier!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'm signing up

also

1: did we find a way to disable species clause?
2: can we have only one smeargle of each type on our teams, or are multiples of the same type of smeargle allowed?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Species clause is disabled by just using Debug mode. Debug mode doesn't effect gameplay, just types out some extra stuff in chat.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just so everyone knows, I'm doing my laundry as the tourney is progressing, so if I ever go afk for like 10 minutes at a time don't be surprised.

Is this on PO or PS?

Wait, is this happening tomorrow? If so then I'm out, I won't be able to make it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought it was still Saturday tournament Sunday finals like when you started the thread.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya, what Kirbyraeg said. Not enough people yet. Same schedule as last time so I'll let people register until 7:30.

:phone:

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Awesome, just an example of a Pokemon:

GHOST (Smeargle) @ Ghost Gem
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpA
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray
- Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond

Obviously ghost sucks so I chose him.

Just to clarify the move judgement can only be used by Normal Smeargle.

Registering is still open and we need 1 more so we have 6.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Do we have to put what type each Smeargle is in its name or is that just something you did as an example?

IceArrow

Smash Lord
1st Round if nobody else enters:

TRG vs. Kirbyraeg
IceArrow vs. Gates
Majority vs. (Winner of TRG and Kirbyraeg)
UltiMario vs. (Winner of IceArrow and Gates)

If anybody else joins they will play Majority.

Ruleset is on post 3.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Type in the name is ********. Ruins any surprise factor that you could have.

Not naming mine and IDC.

Also, smeargles with plates should be able to use Judgement of their respetive type if people want to use it. There is literally no reason to not allow it.

2c.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ulti you have to name them, especially since the Tournament host is playing you since I just beat Gates 2-1. It takes 2 seconds to name them and if you don't you will be DQd. Matches have already been played with that rule, so we will continue this tournament using that rule.

With all the switching it will be impossible to notice if a Pokemon is using 2 different attacks.

Judgement appears as a Normal type so that is why I clarified it as a normal Smeargle only attack. However you can't give it a fist plate because then it changes to Fighting.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hidden Power is also a normal type move, but it can never actually be a Normal Type attack.

I don't think the "apparent" type matters too much if you can force a type upon it. I get making something like Weather Ball normal-only since you can't force it to be a different type, but Judgement can be forced so it's not dumb.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya, I understand your point but the tournament has already begun. Judgement isn't even a good attack so let's just leave it as it is.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Kirbyraeg and TRG, you have until 9:00 to start your matches or else the player that is active will advance.

If neither responds and Gates sees this he will take their spot.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I actually just deleted the team I was using for this tourney. Have Ulti fight Majority instead.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I also deleted the team I made.

I can remake it I guess if Gates is too lazy.

Also Gates you're all like "PC Skype chat" to me a while back, and then you never get on skype ever again. Ever.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Lol, why does everyone delete there teams. Ulti, I would make a team just in case. We will give you like 30 mins to make it too so your not rushed.

Top Bottom