• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Weavile's Wicked Wonderland - General Discussion/Social Thread

Life

Smash Hero
I might eventually lab out the best ways I can find to land a synergy burst off of each of Weavile's various combo starters. Because comboing into the super is one thing, but comboing optimally with it might be something else!

I believe IsmaR already found a pretty good one featuring upY, which uses the double Icicle Crash to set up for it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Simplest I can think of involves any string than ends with Night Slash (Back A (Down A in field phase), the finisher after X, etc.) to Burst.

This was also touched upon on the Combo thread, but Taunt is soooooooooooooo good. Infinitely faster than Counterattack Dash Cancelling, leads to either a big punish or a number of good mix ups, on top of an always guaranteed debuff on the opponent's Synergy.

Life

Smash Hero
D 3 B O Y Z

I'm just generally spamming CADC and things aren't working.

Also remembered that I could agility through projectiles. RIP Gardevoir.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've been spending so much time labbing duel phase stuff, so finally decided to try some field phase stuff.

I had no idea that forward and back range attacks in field phase were even considered projectiles until last night.

I also didn't know that midair range attack can have its trajectory altered by holding either down or up just before the throwing animation.

Top Bottom