• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It's just his slide, no charge kick or anything fancy like that. Also while I mention the origin is 4 for the charge shot, it's closer in design to later charge shots from 5 on so take that how you will.

Also not done updating, but made a small stealth tweak on the energy pellet, apparently the total string does 8% (another video showed me he hit 3 times with it) doing 3>2>3 which is.....odd. Its also possible the hand itself has a seperate hitbox and thats what did the 2% but for now I have the shots listed as 3>2>3

EDIT: Done updating atm, added color coding and font prettying and tidying up (attacks are color coded to the robot associated, bosses have their own color while Mega Man and Rush have their own as well)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Mega Man is going to lack a very important tool compared to others if his Nair is just his buster.

Neo Zero

His Fair covers the area around him the best, but even that's more limited to forward and a bit below. He does have large disjoints/projectiles to make up for it though, making challenging him air to air where we want to be (mid-long range) basically unthinkable though.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, approaching him from any angle seems like it'd be difficult. He can simply throw a metal blade at you when you're closer.

So... do we think that absolutely every projectile he does is counted as a genuine projectile in terms of reflecting/absorbing? There is a chance that his forward Smash will not be reflectable... as it is, he's gonna have a hard time against characters with a quick reflector or absorber.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Fthrow can be seen during the short battle clips at the end of the developer direct. First thing he does in the clip on the wii fit stage, throwing Pit right before the Crash Bomber detonates on himself.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I wonder how many frames it takes for his neutral A to come out...

Also - hi, Doop.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many frames it takes for his neutral A to come out...

hi, Doop.
Hi, long time no see! Start-up on Jab seems to be 7 or 8 frames, or 8-9 if the projectile doesn't hit on the first frame it appears. Since the video I analyzed this from was in 25 fps and not 30, it might be one or two frames slower, however, sometimes it took three frames to activate, sometimes five, so 8 seems like the most probable answer.

Neo Zero

Fthrow can be seen during the short battle clips at the end of the developer direct. First thing he does in the clip on the wii fit stage, throwing Pit right before the Crash Bomber detonates on himself.
Will add soon-ish. Thanks

Im actually more curious why during the off screen battle with Mario, his 2nd and 3rd pellet hit almost at the exact same time. Just strikes me as a bit odd and makes me wonder if his hand is indeed a hitbox.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
If the hand has a hitbox the start up I calculated will be 1 or 2 frames quicker. However, it seems like the pellets will connect a lot faster if you walk forward while shooting. Netral shooting doesn't seem to even combo, I think I saw mario back in neutral when counting the start-up frames. Although, if you ask me, it's definitely possible that the hand has a 0-damage hitbox to guarantee it combos point blank.

Neo Zero

If the hand has a hitbox the start up I calculated will be 1 or 2 frames quicker. However, it seems like the pellets will connect a lot faster if you walk forward while shooting. Netral shooting doesn't seem to even combo, I think I saw mario back in neutral when counting the start-up frames. Although, if you ask me, it's definitely possible that the hand has a 0-damage hitbox to guarantee it combos point blank.
Thinking on it, that makes sense. Shoot one shot, follow behind it, hit another when the one hits, explains it much better. Maybe its just me and Ill probably have to watch again, but it seemed to me the final energy pellet had a little more hitstun then the others.

Looking at the video where Mega dies, when hes free from the ending lag he activates his Dtilt, while at the exact same time, Mario leaves hitstun and mashed his DSmash. Something tells me we cant really combo off his jab period judging from it. Maybe Nair, depending on how lag cancelling (through an auto cancel or maybe even a L Cancel) will allow combos off a pellet, but Jab and Ftilt dont seem to have that luxury. Maybe we can grab fast enough? It would seem faster than Dtilt to be sure lol

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm doubting Megaman's going to have any semblance of a combo game. He's got a few moves that aren't projectiles and even some of those (Dtilt and Utilt) seem to have too high knockback to combo.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm doubting Megaman's going to have any semblance of a combo game. He's got a few moves that aren't projectiles and even some of those (Dtilt and Utilt) seem to have too high knockback to combo.

While we don't know how much of an emphasis comboing will get in the next Smash, we always know that approaching and zone control will be important. I think Mega's gonna do fine... my only real worry for him is what he does when he goes against quick reflectors.

Neo Zero

While we don't know how much of an emphasis comboing will get in the next Smash, we always know that approaching and zone control will be important. I think Mega's gonna do fine... my only real worry for him is what he does when he goes against quick reflectors.
Leaf Shield will be useful for fighting against them to be sure.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
makes me wonder if his hand is indeed a hitbox.
I really, really hope it is.. And It is likely gonna be that way.
It'd be a disaster if Megaman got the Ganon Syndrome.
I'm sure he'll have a much better Grab Range, though.

P.S. Leaf Shield seem to come out fast.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Leaf Shield also seems to reach pretty far, maybe even further than Metal Blade. Also, I bet you can't use other special moves when leaf Shield is out.

Neo Zero

I still wanna know if you can move with Leaf Shield honestly. What with the whole "cant in MM2" thing. Also its interesting to note activating it in the air will stop all momentum, then after its activated, you'll go back on your original trajectory it seems.

Neo Zero

Rewatching the developer direct, I just noticed a small mistake about leaf shield I made. At one point Mega Man is coming down from the air, and does a reversed input Down B. When doing this, he went from a straight down trajectory to shifting quickly to the right. He also even moves a little on the ground, but it seems to be from the momentum of the reversed input

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=7m18s

It also shows that he doesn't enter into free fall with his Up B. This contradicts the Mario match meaning one of two things

1) (Less Likely) You have a moment to input a command before free fall
2) (Far More Likely) The Mario fight was a very very alpha build compared to the developer direct Sakurai showed.

Given the moves properties changed, this early in development, Mega Man could change quite drastically still.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Best thing so far, though, by a looong shot, is the Sound Effects he currently has.
His Landing, Leaf Shield, Metal Blades, you name it. Frickin' DELICIOUS !!

@Doop: Skull Shield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jewel Satellite ;)
(At least when it comes to awesomeness) ;)

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Best thing so far, though, by a looong shot, is the Sound Effects he currently has.
His Landing, Leaf Shield, Metal Blades, you name it. Frickin' DELICIOUS !!

@Doop: Skull Shield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jewel Satellite ;)
(At least when it comes to awesomeness) ;)
Sorry, haven't really played the old MMs other than 2.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Of the NES games, my preferences are, in order:
2 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 1

Also, best shield weapons, in order:
Skull Barrier > Jewel Satellite > Star Crash > Leaf Shield > Junk Shield > Plant Barrier

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The way leaf shield looks it might be a nice substitute for your average neutral air.

Nyjeezy

Smash Rookie
I think Mega Man has the best and most powerful moveset of te characters revealed thus far. I think he will be highly placed on the Tier List.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Very solid move set analysis I can get on board with that. I'll take a stab at the final smash and say it's probably going to be the Rush Armour. Now I could be out to lunch but it seems like a possibility.

Neo Zero

Something I kind of noticed recently is his Bair "air slices" that seem to indicate where a moves hitbox is goes into Mega Man a bit. Perhaps a substitute to not having a traditional nair.

EDIT: I have some great ideas of how to shape this thread when more information is known.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, he looks to be a very solid character so far. Though I really want to see his other throws, I wanna see how good they actually are.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'm surprised that Mega Man has decent air speed with how good Hard Knuckle looks. When I first saw Hard Knuckle, I expected Mega Man to be another Ivysaur but that doesn't seem to be the case. I think that says a lot about how the game is being balanced and is something that will likely get the attention of Melee players. Brawl made recovery very easy to do and it might be that Namco is balancing that by giving characters better edge-guarding tools while still keeping Brawl's buttery-smooth air control.

I mean this could be done as simply as giving Mario's Fire Ball faster with less start-up lag and with very slight downward knock-back or giving Link's Bomb a spike hitbox at the bottom of the explosion (like a realistic explosion should) or giving Bowser's Flame Breath more push-back.

Although it's just as likely that they may nerf recoveries directly. I've yet to see Mega Man grab the ledge out of an Up-B outside of the very peak of the jump much like Sonic, but unlike Sonic or Snake, he goes into free fall. As a Sonic main for many years, I can tell you with confidence that Mega Man's recovery is really bad if that's the case. If he recovers high, he's getting thrown right back off the ledge and if he recovers low, that's easy edge-hog material. Especially if fast edge-hogging still works (running off the ledge, fast-falling for a split second, then pressing back toward the stage.)

Mega Man also seems to have the issue of having only two moves that do 10% or more and are Flame Sword and Flame Burst. Definitely looking like he has a bit of Brawl Samus syndrome; very low-damage, very keep-away, very few tools to handle aerial characters (Flame Sword and Metal Blade seems like all he has), with only one decent KO move, but a deadly spike. In fact, Mega Man fits the bill perfectly.

Btw, you should list Mega Man's dash in the move-listing. A lot of people still think his 8-bit walk is his max running speed, which is false. Sakurai shows off Mega Man's running animation quite a bit in his match Vs Mario. Time-stamped 5:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rqxDPJmO6f8#t=305s
In fact I'd say he's about Yoshi's Speed which is the 11th Fastest character in Brawl, right under Marth & Diddy's speed tier and even faster than Toon Link.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Watching the Mega Man video again (I seriously do this about once a day it's awful), I can't help but notice that Rock's grab seems really fast. Anyone else think so?

xzx

Smash Lord
I suspect Mega Man will be Top Tier (at least in the beginning). His fair and dair seems very OP if you ask me.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I suspect Mega Man will be Top Tier (at least in the beginning). His fair and dair seems very OP if you ask me.

I think that it'll be kind of complicated with MM. He'll have some very strong picks and counterpicks, since a lot of his moves can be ousted by people who can reflect or absorb projectiles.

Do we think all of his ranged attacks will actually count as projectiles? Perhaps his forward smash can't be reflected.

Neo Zero

I'm in the process of doing a few updates, as well as working on a more indepth look at his moves (you'll see). For example from what I can tell, Up Tilt has a 4 frame start up (if I'm reading and doing this correctly). I'm not sure when it ends since I dont know if it ends in the air or ends when he lands on the ground again, since it is a Shoryuken I'm not sure.

I'll also add the things people have mentioned in the later update as well.

Also how can you suspect he's top tier, we dont even have anywhere close to the majority of the cast =_=. Is it so hard to wait for the game to at least come out.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Can Snake's smash attack projectiles be reflected?

That's probably a good indication of how Mega Man's non-specials will be handled.

Neo Zero

I thought I'd take a break for two reasons. One to do minor edits in a second, Two to report something interesting I noticed. It's kind of minor but it's important to note none the less.

The buster has activation frames. Now what I mean is Mega Man's arm by default is his hand and not the buster. When you activate one of his energy pellet moves however, the Buster has to morph before he can fire it. Both times I analyzed it in air and ground, the Buster transformation adds two frames to the activation time of his energy pellet attack. However, if the buster is already set, then those 2 frames disappear and attacks will come out faster. Essentially, you'll attack faster rapid firing the Buster than doing it in spurts allowing the arm to transform back. I know it might not sound like much, but anything helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom