• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Need Some More Colored Folk in Brawl!!!!!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
As I’m sure you all have guessed, I’m a proud black man. And ya know what I think? Where the flip are my colored folk at? We need some diversity in Brawl! You white people need to start playing colored characters more often. I mean, look, the Japanese are making this game and they don’t even include any of their own people! I think it’s mainly because Japanese don’t realize black people exist or something. Ganondorf is Arab or whatever. Pish. That still leaves a ton of colors hanging. The only small hope they’d gave us was Mr. Game & Watch, which through his various costumes covers blacks, Indians, merfolk, and of course aliens. Then we have racist old Bowser in his black costume looking like a freaking blackface performer. Peach is somewhat Latino in her Daisy outfit, but eh.

So, who in the world is black enough for Brawl, let’s take a look at famous black game mascots. The first one I’m listing is from the Mario series.

C’mon He’s a brother and ya’ll know it. Sniffit is almost a shoe in if Sakurai stops the hate. I mean, look at him, he’s black with a built in gun.

Snifit was introduced as an enemy in Doki Doki Panic, a NES video game released in Japan. This game never made it to the U.S. in its original form, but was transformed into Super Mario Bros. 2. Most of the enemies in the game were from the Japanese version, which included Bob-ombs, Snifits, Birdo, and Shy Guys. Along with the aforementioned Shy Guys and Bob-ombs, as well as Goombas, Piranha Plants and Koopa Troopas, they are common enemies in the Mario universe.

Yeaaaa, this was an easy choice. He’s the blackest video game character out there, and he’ll pump you full of lead fists.

Jax was the first African American character in the Mortal Kombat series and made his debut in the second game. He is portrayed as an archetypical American hero. In the chain of command of the Special Forces, he is Sonya Blade's direct superior and clearly the catalyzing force of Sonya's impulsiveness. Jax is clear-headed, careful, and always keeping a watch on what his men are doing. When the need arises, he is a beast on the battlefield with the attitude and ferocity of a lion. He unscrupulously makes use of the most advanced technology to improve both himself and his unit.

50 Cent; Bulletproof. He’s certainly going to be in Brawl, once the racists leave Nintendo. He’s a video gaming icon and star of his own videogame. Certainly every black gamer in America owns this game and plays it daily. I personally can’t wait to shoot all the white folk in smash with my machine gun. He’s practically a bigger star than micky mouse and Mario combined.

Curtis James Jackson III (born July 6, 1975) is an American East Coast rapper commonly known by his rap name 50 Cent. He rose to fame following the success of his albums Get Rich or Die Tryin' and The Massacre. 50 Cent achieved multi-platinum success with both albums, selling around 20 million albums worldwide. He is known for his "gangsta" image, and for having been shot at nine times of which one hit to the jaw and one in each leg. He currently resides in Farmington, Connecticut, in the former mansion of boxing star Mike Tyson

Hotdam! This is the most famous black person in video gaming history! The paladin from Diablo 2 is the most used character just because he’s the only non-pasty in the game! He’s not only definitely going to be in Brawl, but he most certainly is going to be the top tier, at least once Sakurai gets down with some soul food.

Well, thank you for helping end the hate and reading this post! See ya’llslata!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well it's about time someone created a forum like this! Everyone that you have listed would be tight, but what about my own idea, C.J. from GTA San Andreas?

Or why not Raven from Tekken 5?
I know of course there chances of making it are slim to none, but we can dream can't we?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
hells yeah, shadenexus, your ideas are out of this world!

Kirye

Smash Ace
Though, most of those chars aren't even on a Nintendo port, and 50 cent, no racism intended, sucks at rapping. o.<

I could say alot more, but these whole "The white man brings us down!" threads never end well, and being the mexican here, i'll just stay neutral.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
C'mon Kirye, you know you want to support this thread. You know you can just picture this...

"This games winner is....50 Cent!"

It could happen in a Smash game beyond Brawl I suppose.

Kirye

Smash Ace
C'mon Kirye, you know you want to support this thread. You know you can just picture this...

"This games winner is....50 Cent!"

It could happen in a Smash game beyond Brawl I suppose.
Probably in a game that involves actual humans to fight each other. XD

Then again, that's what Tekken's for. o.O;

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I guess your right, Fifty Cent is just way to violent for Smash Bros. Still, it would be nice to see a straight up gangsta in a Smash Bros. game.

On another topic, do you think a fighter from Fight Night will make it onto Brawl? I'm thinkin Joe Frazier, Roy Jones Jr., Muhammad Ali, or Rocky Marsiano. Brawl is in serious need of a boxer.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Mm, but isn't Fight Night third party? If so, then most likely Sonic and some others make it first. I dunno, I don't really play many boxing games. o.o *Aside from Wii boxing.*

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I know Fight Night is third party, but I'm just trying to see if there is anyway that Brawl could get a boxer. This would make Brawl's character roster "unique."

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .*looks at 50 cent*. . . . .
No, I refuse to read this threads opening.

Ganon and Falco are coo as the black characters of SSB. (In TP you can't tell me Ganon doesn't look black. . . and Falco has the heart of a black man. . .I can tell)

And Lucario is based off of a African god so theres my black character picks. . .

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I consider Ganon a little black. I'll give ya that much. Falco & Lucario are not black, but if Falco returns, I want his feathers to be lightish black. That would be pimpin!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario being based on a African god = Lucario being based largly on something African = Lucario is African.
(Thats my reasoning)

And Falco, IMO, has the heart of a black man. Just look at him. . .

TP Ganon looks darker than most black people and he has corn rows. . . nuff said.

But thats my last post here lol.

*lets thread die. . . *

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well, as much as I think a black character would be pretty cool, I don't think they should be added just because they're black.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Nintendo's trying to keep the franchise going......not kill it.

50 Cent (or any rapper for that matter) + Smash Brothers = Ruined franchise.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snoop would be tizzight to play as. One of his attacks could be using a blue flag hangin from his back side but only on the left side yeah that's the crip side. He could use a knife to cut so much you thought he was a DJ. He can't fake it, just break it, and when he takes it, his taunt could be that he specializes in making all the girls get naked. Oh samus and snake got a gun so you wanna pop back? he could use an AK47 now *****, stop that. He could twist you pstol whip you, dip you then flip you.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm going to assume that this thread is a joke....because it is. Right? Right?!

If it is, pretty funny. If it isn't..../sigh

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm not even gonna go there wit ya bro. Oh well, I was expecting you to say something more....offensive. Thank goodness you didn't, thank goodness.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I cannot see this thread ending well in any context.

Also, to correct the original post, when she's in her Daisy costume, she's technically Middle Eastern, since Daisy is the princess of a Desert Land.

And, to contribute, You know Luigi is just a light-skinned Brother. And Pikachu's got soul underneath his fur. C'maaaaan!

Tera253

Smash Ace
well, Fox is darker than he used to be, one of Luigi's costumes has darker skin, and then there's daisy-peach, and of course Ganondorf.
that Pikachu thing made Tera laugh.

There's not too many Nintendo games that have darker people as the main characters.
~Tera253~

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Jax made me lol for 15-20 seconds....
50 cent made me break out in tears
Black Shy Guy Made me go pee.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
If you can play as a Mii then this problem is solved... Infinate amounts of colored people...

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Snoop would be tizzight to play as. One of his attacks could be using a blue flag hangin from his back side but only on the left side yeah that's the crip side. He could use a knife to cut so much you thought he was a DJ. He can't fake it, just break it, and when he takes it, his taunt could be that he specializes in making all the girls get naked. Oh samus and snake got a gun so you wanna pop back? he could use an AK47 now *****, stop that. He could twist you pstol whip you, dip you then flip you.
:O Snoop dizog would be the illest junk in the muu.. faa....
I mean first He'd have a shank for a weapon ( no gay sword here)
He pistol whips when he Grabs
Cripz walkz with some ice creams would be his taunt.
He can dress as a pimp ( like falcon)

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
(I shouldn't be treading these waters, but here goes...)

You guys got Donkey Kong already, right? So what's the problem?

(Feel free to flame me into removing this)

aces

Smash Cadet
ok... -_- umm first of all just shut*p im brown i aint seen one brown guy in a single video game and im not whining and why the he*l whould they put 50 cent in SSB the game is about NINTENDO CHARACTERS -_-

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well... out of this thread I've seen one thing actually worth mentioning- The japanese don't really put asians in their games unless they are Asian stereotypes.. Seems odd to me. I think this is largely because if there were different races in a VG then the makers would have to justify it by creating an area were that race comes from and such... but still. What non-white characters actually deserve to be in brawl?
People want poo from Earthbound who really seems like he was meant to be a stereotype (like the rest of the characters, all funny stereotypes) so he doesn't really seem like a step towards racial equality in SSB.
The teacher guy in punch out was black... though I can't remember that game well enough to actually say if he deserves a spot. I'm thinking no.
Really, there just aren't viable ethnic protagonists in the industry. By viable I mean... well, not including any of the people suggested.
I don't think the mii really would satisfy anything. Throwing some rather hokey looking characters with white features but black skin doesn't really seem to fix the issue, methinks.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
But if those guys are in Brawl, then the devs would have alot on their plate...

We would need more levels, such as a crackhouse or prison

And more items, like shanks and crack pipes

Top Bottom