• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need a thorough Sonic guide like the other boards.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Most of the other character forums have very comprehensive guides on how to playing the character well, such as the Lucas and Meta Knight forums. I was somewhat disappointed that we don't have one, and that it's probably because most peope dismiss Sonic as a faddish fan-character with an annoying fanbase, so most people ignore him. It's heart-breaking actually, and of course there are a few exceptions.

But the bottom line is, we need a guide.

Badakin

Smash Apprentice
Those threads are good, but I agree with Shadow, our threads need to be more thorough.(no offence to IOZ and Kujia)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I was going to agree, but IoZ's thread is actually pretty informative. I think it should be renamed though. "Impressions" sounds like the thread is from the first week of Brawl or E for All.
I just finished reading the Lucas thread you were referring to, and IoZ's seems of similar caliber.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i really don't think any individual person is up to the task of writing a full pro-looking guide on sonic. In fact i don't think anyone really fully understands everything about sonic yet, and i dont think anyone can really say "this is how to play sonic"

but i do recognize that we do need someone to be like "hey guys, here is some tricks and tips that i use to improve my sonic game" But we are currently developing all this stuff. New stuff on sonic comes out every day it seems like.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah give it time. For example, over the next weekend ill try to collate all my findings regarding which gimp method works best vs each character and collectively we may generate a list of %'s for which Sonic's upsmash spikes characters off the edges of stages. All minor things on thier own, but they should all come together nicely in the end to make a good guide :)

R4ZE

Smash Ace
its not really true that he is unpopular.

just lake a glance at the activity on all the boards. Sonic's post amount almost doubles that of the 2nd most, which i think is ike.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I was going to start writing one if I placed top 5 at the tournament I'm going to this weekend (otherwise I don't think I can use him well enough). It'll be fairly comprehensive.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Is the Lucas guide MikeZ's? If so, I kinda stole my format from him, since I know him and all, and he gave me the idea. I really do need to update my guide, and change the name of it. Gimme a little more time, guys. Things have been stupid crazy.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
we should actually all come together and make a guide, or maybe like... one person write an initial draft, and we all make edits and suggestions for it.

that would be the best way to really give a new player all the good tricks with sonic. rather than just one person veiws.

aright guys, ill pay for the dns name, we will put up sonipedia.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
i really don't think any individual person is up to the task of writing a full pro-looking guide on sonic. In fact i don't think anyone really fully understands everything about sonic yet, and i dont think anyone can really say "this is how to play sonic"

but i do recognize that we do need someone to be like "hey guys, here is some tricks and tips that i use to improve my sonic game" But we are currently developing all this stuff. New stuff on sonic comes out every day it seems like.
I think at the very least a guide similar to the Lucas one that praticaly gives a mini faq on every move the kid has would be good.

Top Bottom