• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We need a guide

-Mars-

Smash Hero
People interested in learning or picking up Sheik have no starting point when they come to this board.

We need a updated guide. There are already very few Sheik players as it is.

sheikamaru

jive
a starting point? i say the best thing to do is practice practice practice and ck out the sheik survival guide that's posted.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Well people picking up Sheik, and especially people just getting into competitive Brawl few as they may be, need a guide that tells them what to practice. And a MU guide doesn't really help. Project Know It All seemed to be a very good idea but never completed. If anything we should use it as a basis and potentially copy stuff over. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248288&highlight=Sheik+Know+It+all

I'm actually going to be quite busy over the next couple of months, so I can't say I would be able to devote complete attention to making this guide happen (and I wouldn't have anything to contribute in terms of high level play), but it is definitely something that should start soon if not now. That being said, Mars get that laptop fixed so you don't just communicate through the forum.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Videos are nice but imo they are better as supplements to a guide. For one, some things are much better explained in words or just more practical, for example, moveset explanations are just simpler done in words. Also in terms of contribution, its much easier for people to contribute in a word based guide than in a video guide. I think your project is great, and its use will be fully brought out when the guide elaborates on specific Sheik tactics/techs, but for it to be the whole guide is not the best idea imo.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So how about we have two guides. The info that is hard to put into a video can be put into a post and the parts that show technical stuff can be put into the video.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm a fairly new Sheik main. I've been playing her for about three months now and made quite some progress. When I first came to these boards, I was looking for a Sheik guide. The problem was there wasn't a guide that explained which moves were good when and what they did for you.

I think it's very important to at least have a thread with compiled data on Sheik's ground game, grabs, aerial game, recovering and camping. Some of this was in the survival guide, but a lot of information is missing and there was a lot that I had to figure out myself. I'll post some more on this later, I'm going to bed now.

Top Bottom