• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"We just love being mean!" - The Koopalings invade Smash 4

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Just noticed... The Master Core render and Master Hand render is over the freaking top. I seriously love that guy. Seems that all it's missing is Crazy Hand, but his render is identical to Master Hand's, so whatever, I guess. I really need to know Mater Core's trophy description. Oh, and @ The King of Skulls The King of Skulls needs to see this. He was looking for a nice Larry render a while back, and boy, did we find one.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
http://imgur.com/a/GMYWQ
Check it out! It's got ALL official artwork for EVERY playable character! And as you can see, it also includes the Koopalings! (and Alph!) BTW, someone should probably make some icons for these guys, especially since they're considered "separate characters" from Jr. Also, should we sticky the Koopalings thread? Personally, I just want it to happen so I don't have to always scroll down...:lol:
This is so awesome, thank you for posting. All of the renders look so good! By icons, do you mean the main-character post bits underneath the avatar? Imo, it would be cool if it could include all Koopalings apart from Bowser Jr; but most likely it will just be him alone. Since the Koopalings "technically" aren't their own separate character alone. It would be cool, though. If that's not what you meant though, excuse me lol

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This is so awesome, thank you for posting. All of the renders look so good! By icons, do you mean the main-character post bits underneath the avatar? Imo, it would be cool if it could include all Koopalings apart from Bowser Jr; but most likely it will just be him alone. Since the Koopalings "technically" aren't their own separate character alone. It would be cool, though. If that's not what you meant though, excuse me lol
Oh, yes! That is what I meant! Personally, IMO, I think that Alph and the Koopalings, unlike other alts., are ACTUALLY their own characters, not just some gender-flip or something (though I guess it's debatable in Wendy O. Koopa's case.:laugh:) Also, don't forget either, I'm mistaken, or if I remember correctly, even the FEMALE Robin and MALE Wii Fit Trainer have their own icons, and like I said before, they're just gender-flips, so I'm sure we could put in a little effort for Alph and the Koopalings, right? BTW, about my sticky suggestion, I meant should we classify Alph and the Koopalings' threads as "important", and sticky them. Also, if no one minds me suggesting this, I mean, it's been like, what? A week? I'm pretty sure we can change the title of this thread to reflect that the Koopalings appear in Smash 4 in a playable capacity.

Gatlin

Oh, yes! That is what I meant! Personally, IMO, I think that Alph and the Koopalings, unlike other alts., are ACTUALLY their own characters, not just some gender-flip or something (though I guess it's debatable in Wendy O. Koopa's case.:laugh:) Also, don't forget either, I'm mistaken, or if I remember correctly, even the FEMALE Robin and MALE Wii Fit Trainer have their own icons, and like I said before, they're just gender-flips, so I'm sure we could put in a little effort for Alph and the Koopalings, right? BTW, about my sticky suggestion, I meant should we classify Alph and the Koopalings' threads as "important", and sticky them. Also, if no one minds me suggesting this, I mean, it's been like, what? A week? I'm pretty sure we can change the title of this thread to reflect that the Koopalings appear in Smash 4 in a playable capacity.
Well, there is always a chance that they may get their own postbit icons then ;) hopefully, cuz like I said, that would be pretty cool.

Also, you're right, updated the title of the thread since their inclusion to the game isn't up for debate anymore.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, there is always a chance that they may get their own postbit icons then ;) hopefully, cuz like I said, that would be pretty cool.

Also, you're right, updated the title of the thread since their inclusion to the game isn't up for debate anymore.
Thank you! Also, I hope I'm not asking much here, but do you think you can update the OP a little bit when you have the time? You know, to also tell everyone that the Koopalings are confirmed to be playable. (To an extent.)

Gatlin

Thank you! Also, I hope I'm not asking much here, but do you think you can update the OP a little bit when you have the time? You know, to also tell everyone that the Koopalings are confirmed to be playable. (To an extent.)
Yes I will attempt to do so :D I am without internet atm and am forced to do everything on my phone which is ugh; but I should have access to internet soon so I can work on this thread a bit.

Also gonna sticky this thread and merge threads like it so The Koopalings can have their own dedicated discussion area for now :)

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Why are the Koopaling's Clown Cars different from Bowser Jr's Clown Car?

On a side note, those renders are awesome!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why are the Koopaling's Clown Cars different from Bowser Jr's Clown Car?

On a side note, those renders are awesome!
They are fake Clown Cars, I think? Jr. is the only one driving the original. They made this way likely to give Jr the status of the "main" Clown Car pilot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This was a support thread for the Koopalings?
Neat.

Well, I must say, after playing Mario Kart 8 for a while, I've become quite a fan.
I didn't think they'd be in Smash Bros. ever, especially as an alt for Bowser Jr, yet here we are.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Or maybe, like I said, Bowser Jr is the only one with the real Clown Car (with the cute black eyes) and the Koopalings are using copies.

How the hell is this a nod to Bowser Jr not being in Mario Kart 8? :laugh:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Or maybe, like I said, Bowser Jr is the only one with the real Clown Car (with the cute black eyes) and the Koopalings are using copies.

How the hell is this a nod to Bowser Jr not being in Mario Kart 8? :laugh:
The eyes look kind of like headlights, similar to a car. I was just making a joke....

More likely than not, they're merely copies.

Gatlin

BTW, someone should probably make some icons for these guys, especially since they're considered "separate characters" from Jr.
You can now choose your specific favorite Koopaling as your main apart from Bowser Jr ;) happened quicker than expected, actual postbit icons should come out shortly, unless they are already there, I can't tell while being on a phone.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
You can now choose your specific favorite Koopaling as your main apart from Bowser Jr ;) happened quicker than expected, actual postbit icons should come out shortly, unless they are already there, I can't tell while being on a phone.
They exist. :4roy:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Thank. You. SO MUCH! Words cannot describe how happy I am right now! Now I can main Iggy and the whole world will know ^_^.
They exist. :4roy:
Really? Sweet! Can you provide a link or something?
EDIT: Just trying out what PikaSamus said.
:4iggy:

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I just realized, the Koopaling's icon's arrangement seems to be a reference to their age, from youngest to oldest. Neat tough, administrators!
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'm a much bigger fan of the Koopalings than I am of Junior himself, so I think I'll probably play as Lemmy most often. Happy as I am to see these guys, though, I have to say, the heavyweights' heads look horrendous on Junior's tiny body. Morton in particular looks ridiculously off-model.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I just realized, the Koopaling's icon's arrangement seems to be a reference to their age, from youngest to oldest. Neat tough, administrators!
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
Well... Not exactly. Roy and Morton Jr. should be swapped. I don't mean to sound hateful. I guess it's just my OCD side taking over XP. I'm really sorry if I sound mean. I swear I don't mean to.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well... Not exactly. Roy and Morton Jr. should be swapped. I don't mean to sound hateful. I guess it's just my OCD side taking over XP. I'm really sorry if I sound mean. I swear I don't mean to.
Oh. Darn. Well, close enough! :p

And you didn't sound mean at all. You were just stating a fact. :)

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
That would be nice.
Well, here they are! I took the liberty of making icons for all the lovely Koopalings!

The best youngest Koopaling, with the styling blue Mohawk, Larry Koopa! :4larry:

With designer shades, hiding his face, because the sun doesn't deserve to ruin his eyes, Roy Koopa! :4roy:

Holding the title of "Smash's First Female Villain," beauty of the Kooparace, Wendy O' Koopa! :4wendy:

He's mean, he's green, and kind of obscene, it's Iggy Koopa! :4iggy:

Heavy-weight champion of the Koopalings, the star crossed Koopa himself, Morton (Jr.)! :4morton:

I'd make an introduction, but I don't have the BALLS to do it! Say hello to the Tiny Terror, Lemmy Koopa! :4lemmy:

Finally, Ludwig von Koopa. Obvious least favorite of mine. :4ludwig:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Alrighty-O! DarkAura64 has graciously provided all the Custom Specials for the Koopalings. At this point, I am unable to update the my post on these, but I will get around to it, eventually... I hope :lol:. Well, whatever, it's probably just simpler to link you to the post. He went into tons of detail, so maybe I'll just link it for you guys and discuss it from here. I'm kinda lazy :laugh:. Anywho, here you go! It's the last post on the page. Enjoy!

http://smashboards.com/threads/custom-special-move-catalog-currently-empty-need-data.367338/page-3

As for me, my custom moveset will be:

B-Gust Cannon
Over-B-Koopa Kart (Burying Variation)
Up-B-Koopaling Jump (Crash Variation)
Down-B-Mecha Koopa (Regular)

Those just seem like the most fun to me :colorful:.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, here they are! I took the liberty of making icons for all the lovely Koopalings!

The best youngest Koopaling, with the styling blue Mohawk, Larry Koopa! :4larry:

With designer shades, hiding his face, because the sun doesn't deserve to ruin his eyes, Roy Koopa! :4roy:

Holding the title of "Smash's First Female Villain," beauty of the Kooparace, Wendy O' Koopa! :4wendy:

He's mean, he's green, and kind of obscene, it's Iggy Koopa! :4iggy:

Heavy-weight champion of the Koopalings, the star crossed Koopa himself, Morton (Jr.)! :4morton:

I'd make an introduction, but I don't have the BALLS to do it! Say hello to the Tiny Terror, Lemmy Koopa! :4lemmy:

Finally, Ludwig von Koopa. Obvious least favorite of mine. :4ludwig:
How about for Ludwig, "And last, but DEFINITELY not least, the cruel, yet marvelously intelligent, Ludwig Von Koopa!

Top Bottom