• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Morrigan can’t be panty-shotted like Mai can, just cover her cleavage and remove the jiggle. CERO doesn’t mind boobs so much, it’s panties they hate
I never understood why bayonneta can be playable censored but mai cannot with a little cameo, she could use her kimono without a problem like here: https://tenor.com/es/ver/mai-shiranui-kof-the-king-of-fighters-snk-sexy-gif-13353876

For Morrigan could be something like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC3yn2If29w8YdMcT3NyHkvydnMwHosiwBVA&usqp=CAU

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I never understood why bayonneta can be playable censored but mai cannot with a little cameo, she could use her kimono without a problem like here: https://tenor.com/es/ver/mai-shiranui-kof-the-king-of-fighters-snk-sexy-gif-13353876

For Morrigan could be something like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC3yn2If29w8YdMcT3NyHkvydnMwHosiwBVA&usqp=CAU
For Mai, SNK probably wasn’t willing to play ball with censoring her. She’s a memetic sex symbol in Japan with art festivals dedicated to her or something and SNK probably didn’t want to tarnish that so Sakurai was like never mind, don’t wanna get in trouble with CERO

SharkLord

Smash Hero
For Mai, SNK probably wasn’t willing to play ball with censoring her. She’s a memetic sex symbol in Japan with art festivals dedicated to her or something and SNK probably didn’t want to tarnish that so Sakurai was like never mind, don’t wanna get in trouble with CERO
Also, Bayonetta was fairly covered, Wicked Weaves aside, and so is Morrigan. Mai, on the other hand? ...Not so much. Any censorship to her would be a lot more noticeable.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Also, Bayonetta was fairly covered, Wicked Weaves aside, and so is Morrigan. Mai, on the other hand? ...Not so much. Any censorship to her would be a lot more noticeable.
Pretty much, and unlike someone like Shantae, who shows off as much skin, she doesnt flaunt around her breasts and sexuality luke Mai does

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
...So, how about Gruntilda? I think she would be a lot of fun, the first female super heavy and one of few mages. She's my favorite video game villain! Obviously not happening this game, but perhaps for the next game

osby

Smash Obsessed
...So, how about Gruntilda? I think she would be a lot of fun, the first female super heavy and one of few mages. She's my favorite video game villain! Obviously not happening this game, but perhaps for the next game
Kinda off-topic but I wouldn't count on characters' weights before seeing them in action. Rifley fans kept hyping him up as a superheavy before his release yet he turned out to be lighter than Incineroar and Terry.

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Kinda off-topic but I wouldn't count on characters' weights before seeing them in action. Rifley fans kept hyping him up as a superheavy before his release yet he turned out to be lighter than Incineroar and Terry.
Really?

I honestly would've never expected that due to his boney structure. Not even Mewtwo was safe and he weighs almost 70 pounds more than Tubbizard.

Due to his semi frail looking appearance and emphasis on being a sweeper Mewtwo was balanced to be slung around as a lightweight.

Taking hits like a tank, was never something you'd envision from either. I don't picture them being sturdy anywhere close to their more offensive attributes. Even if it took literally dozens of super missiles to gun down a plasma breathing pogodactyl.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Really?

I honestly would've never expected that due to his boney structure. Not even Mewtwo was safe and he weighs almost 70 pounds more than Tubbizard.

Due to his semi frail looking appearance and emphasis on being a sweeper Mewtwo was balanced to be slung around as a lightweight.

Taking hits like a tank, was never something you'd envision from either. I don't picture them being sturdy anywhere close to their more offensive attributes.
To be fair, Ridley's more tall than he is wide like, say, Bowser. This also has the unfortunate side effect of making him low-tier for a while, since he had a massive hitbox and lacked the weight to back it up. Apparently he's been buffed now, but he was in a bad spot for a while tier-wise.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
So... What are your thoughts on Jynx from pokemon? Personally I think she could be pretty original and fun, like piranha plant or wii fit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This all depends how Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship is still like at that point.
Please, no more random minion/Pokémon/whatever...
Too bad Pokemon is the biggest media franchise and Nintendo's most popular series. A Gen 8 is certainly guaranteed.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
So... What are your thoughts on Jynx from pokemon? Personally I think she could be pretty original and fun, like piranha plant or wii fit.
I'm of the rare few who like Jynx, but she'd probably be worse-received than Byleth. We already have plenty of gen 1, so if they're going to go with another Pokemon, it'd be nice for it to be from the yet-unrepped gen 3, 5, or 8

zferolie

Smash Hero
This all depends how Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship is still like at that point.

Too bad Pokemon is the biggest media franchise and Nintendo's most popular series. A Gen 8 is certainly guaranteed.
People said the same thing about us garunteed to get a capcom, sega, or namco rep in dlc 1, and we got none

osby

Smash Obsessed
People said the same thing about us garunteed to get a capcom, sega, or namco rep in dlc 1, and we got none
We did get a SEGA character, though. Joker is owned by ATLUS which is owned by SEGA.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Of all Pokemon, why the one that has the whole racism controversy surrounding it?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
if i had to pick a female-only pokemon that's nowhere near as controversial as Jynx I'd go with Hatterene
Why go for the Pokemon who kills kids when you can go for the more intimidating hellish abomination that will scar your enemies for life?

:241:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
if i had to pick a female-only pokemon that's nowhere near as controversial as Jynx I'd go with Hatterene
Or Gardevoir, well okay it can be male too, but it's along the lines of Jynx in being a feminine-looking psychic type. Reps gen 3, one of the most popular Pokemon, only controversy is that far too much fan art of it gets made that very much is not for good boys and girls. You'd have to remove the Pokeball summon of it but that's not really a loss. I don't think playable Gardevoir will ever happen, but it would at least be a far better choice than Jynx

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Of all Pokemon, why the one that has the whole racism controversy surrounding it?
I was thinking on a female 100% and to be honest I didn't think of that, but I don't even play poke games or watch the anime just there are some pokemon that I like, like Jynx lol. But obviously there are like better choices just though she could be really random choice like wii fit trainer or Mr game and watch. Probably a pokemon from Gen 8 will be in second pass, who knows?

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I was thinking on a female 100% and to be honest I didn't think of that, but I don't even play poke games or watch the anime just there are some pokemon that I like, like Jynx lol. But obviously there are like better choices just though she could be really random choice like wii fit trainer or Mr game and watch. Probably a pokemon from Gen 8 will be in second pass, who knows?
Those two are not "random". Wii Fit Trainer is the main character of a game that sold very well and is representative of the Wii console, and Mr Game & Watch was the star of the Game & Watch system. They were surprising choices, yes, but not random at all.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
An interesting question for the thread.

Chun-Li, Dixie Kong, Velvet Crowe, and Lucina for me.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

*Checks list*
*Is greeted with an endless stream of Touhou Characters*
Uh... Not sure what to say here...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Elma, Lara Croft, KOS-MOS, and Zelda

Lyncario

Smash Ace

For me, Sakuya Izaoi, Reimu Hakurei, Tenshi Hinanai, and Hecatia Lapislazuli. And yes, I do like Touhou quite a lot.

Edit: For a slightly more serious one where I use the "1 per series" rule, then it's Sakuya Izaoi, Midna, Nino from FE7, and Lara Croft.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hard question for me. At this moment I'd say:
- Yuna
- Samus Aran
- Millia Rage
- Ema Skye

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
four favourite female video game characters? though but i guess toadette, zelda, kairi and peach

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
For me are Midna, Morrigan Aensland, Mai Shiranui, Tira from soul calibur

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would love Gruntilda. She would be a blast to play with whether her moveset is based off of Kazooie, Tooie, or both.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
Reimu Hakurei and Alice Margatroid from Touhou, Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Firewatch from Arknights.

Random question: Does anyone, anyone at all, think Amiya from Arknights has even the slightest chance of getting into Smash?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

I'm sure I'm forgetting characters from past games, but somewhat recent games have inspired me to say
- Amaterasu
- Aloy
- Shantae
- Kazooie

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
My most wanted female character is for smash is Captain Syrup since wario land isn’t being represented properly.
As for any other female character I have less attachment to them
If anything Ms. Pac-man is another thing I want as I grew up with some pac-man games.
I grew up with warioware games too but my attachment was towards Volt-9 and Orbulon not Ashley or Mona or Ana & kat and I don’t understand the love for those female warioware characters specifically that a lot of people has.
As for Pokémon games I want Diancie maybe it counts as female for some even though it’s genderess but it’s being called a “princess”
Anything else idk if I want but definitely choices like Reimu and Lip and Arle are great to represent pieces of gaming history

Last edited:
Top Bottom