• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WDing return in Brawl? I think so. With a tiny bit of EVIDENCE.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
I am not....i read it somewhere can't remember exactly...an interview?...ne one knows of this?

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
well then u haven't read enough i know i heard this from some where reliable ne ways i'll look it up again.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
because i remember the words and it wasn't an opinion there was something about if u couldn't then air dodges would be glitchy, and airdodges are required to wavedash. I could be wrong but i m almost positive i read this somewhere in a smash article or something.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
because i remember the words and it wasn't an opinion there was something about if u couldn't then air dodges would be glitchy, and airdodges are required to wavedash. I could be wrong but i m almost positive i read this somewhere in a smash article or something.
I just need to point out you're talking out of your ***.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
uggh, sakurai and friends are the worst wavedashers, link is still crouching like a wavedashing noob

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
i am not talking out of my *** omg. Well it comes down to that there will be wavedashing. Think about it, that would be a glitchy airdodge if u couldn't instantly do it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Raise your hand if you listened to my Brawl Viewpoint in the episode 7 of the Show Me Your News Podcast.

If you listened, then this thread would be a waste of time.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't prove much of anything I'm afraid. For all we know this game features characters simply sliding more than in melee (which seems to be the case logically). Unless Sakurai has an update featuring the implemented wavedash, or it is completely and totally without a doubt a wavedash, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions. We'll find out real fast on December 3rd if it is in or not, so lets just leave it at that.

I know I'm not the only one in here that doesn't want to have another wavedashing debate.
SCORE SCORE SCORE

Sariku

Smash Master
Raise your hand if you listened to my Brawl Viewpoint in the episode 7 of the Show Me Your News Podcast.

If you listened, then this thread would be a waste of time.
...I remember, the best Brawl ViewPoint I have ever heard. If only I could of stared in that Episdoe too..

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
yet another wavedash thread.

i don't believe it'll be out or in as of yet. i do have to witness it.
i think that if it's in, it'll probably be different than before, not saying it was meant to be put in either.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
At the same time he's saying that techniques such as links grapple recovery, neutral rapid jabs, among other things were too difficult to do in melee, and he is making them automatic. Not to mention ikes little ''Im not going anywhere, but im not crouch cancelling either'' thing, that he mentions will be a part of heavy characters playstyle. Automatic CCing? gay.
Ike's thing is like Yoshi's increased mass during his double jump. There is a short time, while his sword is in the air and not his hand(for realism issues most likely, who wants to use Ike when his sword is gone) where he doesn't go flying. Other heavy characters will have this as part of a few moves. That is all. Sounds fairly advanced to me. The Grapple recovery isn't automatic. It just angles automatically because Link just shooting his hookshot forward is unfaithful to the games and non-automatic angling would be rediculously hard to program effectively.

Anyway, it seems to me Sakurai is going for more game accuracy and taking advanced techs and making them more widespread. So perhaps he will take wavedash distance and whatnot and use that to influence gamebalance.

blu3moon23

Smash Cadet
Airdodging came first.

Wavedashing second.

Reduce the momentum that you get for air dodging.
Wavedashing=Nullified
I know air dodging came first. If they really want to get rid of wavedashing i guess they can reduce the momentum, but they'll have to reduce it significantly to the point where u can't move while dodging.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
This thread is just getting annoying. My goodness why not use Mario sliding in that Subspace vid as proof for your wavedashing...:psycho:

Seriously I think this thread needs to be closed. When the game comes out we willl know wether or not wavedashing is in.

-Knight

Top Bottom