• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WBR Ruleset 1.0: Lylat Cruise (everyone vote!)

Lylat Cruise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, here's a stage vote for Lylat Cruise. Vote Starter, Counterpick, or Banned. Stages need a 2/3 (66%) majority to be primarily in that category. If the vote is split (such as 50% Starter 50% Counterpick) then the stage will be in the Starter/Counterpick section.

Notes about Lylat Cruise

-The stage randomly tilts making it sometimes difficult to pick up items on the ground
-The stage can tilt as you recover moving the ledge upwards making you suddenly miss a recovery you expected to get.

Poll Deadline: 48 hours

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A lot of people complain about the tilting on this stage but it really isn't much of a problem imo especially with how large the ledge grab distance is in Brawl. People overreact imo. It's still quite a basic stage.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The ledges still screw some characters over quite hard. And the platform coverage % is higher (and the platforms themselves are lower) than on other neutrals.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The middle platform makes it exceedingly difficult to get back to the ground as some characters. For characters who lack a decent dair/bair, it's really hard to just get grounded again, even against characters who aren't particularly strong with platform games anyway.

The tilting is a minor issue imo. Though I wish it wasn't random <_<

Revven

FrankerZ
Personally, I still think this is a starter. Despite the tilting, the gay ledges, and characters getting screwed here when recovering. It's mostly because if you don't like the stage, just strike it. It does have a lot more things that make it seem CP worthy than YI Brawl or Battlefield but, I still think it's on the same level as them because nothing really suddenly blows up in front of the player. The problems with the stage are known, can somewhat be avoided, and don't pose a HUGE problem unlike having something like Pokemon Stadium 1 as a starter which has a lot more going on and is a lot more "IN YOUR FACE" than Lylat.

That's what I think anyway.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Some characters (Ganondorf) still rely on auto canceling and the tilting stage ruins that. I voted CP but I think we should mark it with an * and let the tournament host decide. It goes both ways.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Some characters (Ganondorf) still rely on auto canceling and the tilting stage ruins that. I voted CP but I think we should mark it with an * and let the tournament host decide. It goes both ways.
the tourney host decides if it goes into the starter/cp category. it is put into an inbetween category if there is no majority vote (66%) for a single option, then it will be split between the two options its between. like atm this would be counterpick, but if it gets some more votes for starter it might become starter/counter category.

even though it might harm ppl like gdorf a lil bit, remember we still run a stage striking system, and a gdorf who relies on auto canceling can strike it. starters list all possible stages where likely even matchups can occur, and stage striking is determined which is used for the said matchup first match. for instance, while marth v gdorf might blow for gdorf here, theres plenty of instances it could be somewhat even, like idk, mk v jiggz?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
There is no doubt in my mind that this stage is a CP. Even if we made it not tilt, it would still be a CP. That said... perhaps we oughtta think about making it not tilt (or at least make it predictable for when it's going to tilt by giving it a set timing) when we get the ability to edit stages >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
When it's not tilting, the edges are still quite small... quite similar to BF Melee's edges in size. And the platforms are pretty low to the stage in comparison to BF, so Utilts and what have you are a lot more useful here than say, Yoshi's or BF.

With those traits, even if it didn't tilt, I'd still say it would be a CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom