• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WBR Ruleset 1.0: Big Blue ~3 Day Deadline - Discuss B4 Voting!

Big Blue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DISCUSS THE STAGE BEFORE VOTING!

Ok everyone, here's a stage vote for Big Blue. Vote Starter, Counterpick, or Banned. Stages need a 2/3 (66%) majority to be primarily in that category. If the vote is split (such as 50% Starter 50% Counterpick) then the stage will be in the Starter/Counterpick section.

Notes about Big Blue

-Runs at 2/3 speed
-VERY unorthodox
-YEHS!

Poll Deadline: 3 days

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this stage is just so unorthodox i feel that it really takes away from the main fundamentals of smash

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I have not gotten enough experience on this stage to make a legit vote. I think the slower speed makes it much more manageable but I'll abstain from voting till I play more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I believe this stage is CP worthy. You guys simply do NOT play on this stage enough. I am dead serious. The slow down removes the ******** aspect of the stage and the race track is managable. If you get hit on it. Tech right. The increased tech speed and the slowed down track give plenty of characters a good chance of survival. Even near the left side of the stage.

Play the stage more guys. Really. It's not bad.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I mean sure a fight could happen here, it's just that it's so different from the norm i feel that the stage shouldnt play THAT much of an aspect in the match, especially in a skill based game like this

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It doesnt. It seriously doesn't. What the stage does to the match is no worse than a stage like JJ or GG or even mother ****ing FO.

If you pay too much attention to the stage then yea. It gets in the way more than it should. But after playing on it for a while, I play the stage like every other CP. The stage doesnt affect me because I learned how2bigblue.

It doesn't detract from skill like banned stages imo and it's not exactly a camp friendly stage either.

It's really legit. Just play it more. Trust me.

The only thing this stage is guilty of is forcing you to tech every time you land.

o w8, B+ does that already.

Veril

Frame Savant
I actually am leaning to agreeing with GHNeko, but the weirdness of this stage seems to dominate the matches way more so than Orpheon or Japes. Of course, that could be my limited experience here.

I'm going to abstain from voting until I hear more arguments and use more characters on it (Jiggs doesn't exactly care that its moving...)

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm not voting yet, but I firmly believe it's banned no matter what you do. This is not just because of the stage layout, but our "fix" messes with the jump physics. Normally, there's a correctional force on the level that makes it so when you jump, you jump where you think you should jump to. However, when sped up or slowed down that force does not change, so it then becomes mismatched to the actual correction that needs to take place. It's not as noticeable at 2/3x as it is at 0x, which is where I first observed this phenomenon, but it is there.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
After playing a lot on this stage I gotta vote banned. It's to odd and obscure as well as a few other problems. The cars are all uneven so you can get some really odd bounces or opportunities to tech and live when you didn't deserve it. When the Falcon Flyer goes above it causes a semi cave of life. I find myself fighting the stage a lot more then the actual opponent.

Veril

Frame Savant
this stage is fun in casual play, but what really ended up convincing me for the ban was how you can camp under the Falcon Flyer at high % and just... not die. Caves of life are not competitively viable.

Top Bottom