• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Way to enhance Joystick sensitivity

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
This post on Falcon boards by Rang Flash.

Here's a little trick I've learned and kept secret for a long time. Some people may know about it already, but oh well, it's worth posting. It's helped my C. Falcon out quite a bit.

Alright, first of all, don't diss this trick until you've tried it. I don't know if it could be considered controller modification, but I doubt it. (it's no different than buying a 3rd party controller with an extra sensitive stick)

Anyways, here goes. Pull the left joystick out of the socket a bit, and if you push it back down it should click. While it's pulled out, the stick will be extra sensitive, making dashing extremely easy and fast falling require barely any effort. It may take a bit of getting used to, but it's worth it. C falcon's shffls (especially uair) become faster and more efficient due to the easier fast falling and dashing after an l-canceled land.
So what would tournament organizers think? What do you think? Would it be considered a mod?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you have played this game for any real amount of time, fast falling and dashing are not hard at all. its about timing not force or speed...

Sliq

Smash Master
My joystick is plenty sensitive, especially around the tip.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Anyone else think the title of this thread sounds like a cheesy 80s commercial for sensual sex candles?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^ yes.

Meh why would it get banned? it clearly doesnt offer any advantages since you'd have to be ******** to fail at dashdancing or shffling.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Seriously, anyone who has to do this is going to have more problems with playing the game than just technical skill.

Sliq

Smash Master
My technical skill is top notch, but every now and then the girl sort of slides off or I lose concentration.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I figured it would get more people to post about it...

My other options for the title were:

Do you need your stick to feel the slightest pressure?

After doing this tactic even slight side to side motions will cause a reaction!

Increase sensitivity by making your joystick longer!

I decided to choose the most moderate one :X

Top Bottom