• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waveland sighted: Possible hope for a new movement tech? YOU DECIDE

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

At 5:02, after Megaman hits Mario with the Leaf we have what suspiciously looks like a waveland when Mario hits the ground, or something similar. Of course, we already know the Brawl Air Dodge has been confirmed, so quite frankly this leads to a ton of speculation.

Discuss theories and what possibilities we have here.

Also, if any can make a gif or something to study it further, PLEASE DO!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Holy **** that looked fast it looks like there is 0 landing lag when you land from idle animation.

DefenseTech

Smash Apprentice
Discuss that announcer...

Looks strange, I wouldnt be calling out / naming techs this early

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Who was playing as Mario? Sakurai was Mega Man, I'm not sure if the Mario player knew about any advanced techniques, if he had used them.

Mr.C

Smash Master
He simply fell through the platform then dashed once he landed.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I thought it strange that they were able to dash immediately after landing, I doubt it will involve a complicated controller input though.

TL?

Smash Ace
Interesting catch. Most of the time he does the forward air, it very clearly has landing lag though. Perhaps the move itself just recovers quickly and he's landing after the move has completed.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $

killazys

Smash Cadet
You're right, it definitely does depend on the camera used. If it were a real recording camera, it should have been 60fps interlaced and my source is progressive 30fps meaning a standard deinterlace took place. Proper deinterlacing using field blending shouldn't lose frame-by-frame data. Of course, with a phone all of this goes out the window and who knows..

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
If normal landing has no landing lag I'll be so happy. Extra mobility options should really help ensure this game is faster and more exciting to play as.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
If normal landing has no landing lag I'll be so happy. Extra mobility options should really help ensure this game is faster and more exciting to play as.
No landing lag at all gives you an awkward game with ridiculous punishment and an overly zealous and harsh environment (i.e. Smash 64).
That being said I like smash 64 and I think it'd be about perfect, speed wise, if it was toned down and added the new necessary technology or elements. 64 pace with Melee physics and a better defensive game (recovery possibly, OOS, SDI, DI etc.) sounds good to me.

Smash 4 right now is looking like it's going to be around 64 pace likely with less touch->death punishes.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Look like Mario recovered from an airdodge whilst falling slightly backwards, ended up in his standing animation while falling off the ledge.

This is nothing like a waveland.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.

At 5:02, after Megaman hits Mario with the Leaf we have what suspiciously looks like a waveland when Mario hits the ground, or something similar. Of course, we already know the Brawl Air Dodge has been confirmed, so quite frankly this leads to a ton of speculation.

Discuss theories and what possibilities we have here.

Also, if any can make a gif or something to study it further, PLEASE DO!
Forget 5:02, check out 5:10. Looks like he wavedashes behind megaman!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Rolls stay facing the same side. He doesn't dip, he flips, look at that segment over and over and pay attention to his hat. (It's a bit hard to see because he goes through Megaman but just look at his hat).

Top Bottom