• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing not in Brawl: Best thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
A game is made to have fun with.

I can only pray wavedashing will be removed/impossible in Brawl, because then we'll have less people CLACK CLACK CLACKing their controllers to death, playing only on Final Destination with no items, Fox and Marth only.

Yeah, a no items tournament is cool, but why make other stages if no one will play on them?
Mix things up a bit, play on Binstar Depths or Big Blue. Play as someone besides Marth or Fox.

Also, Sonic being in Brawl will only make it a better game. Why would the addition of a character make you not want to buy it?

With love,
Jumpluff

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
A game is made to have fun with.

I can only pray wavedashing will be removed/impossible in Brawl, because then we'll have less people CLACK CLACK CLACKing their controllers to death, playing only on Final Destination with no items, Fox and Marth only.

Yeah, a no items tournament is cool, but why make other stages if no one will play on them?
Mix things up a bit, play on Binstar Depths or Big Blue. Play as someone besides Marth or Fox.

Also, Sonic being in Brawl will only make it a better game. Why would the addition of a character make you not want to buy it?

With love,
Jumpluff
Hi Jumpluff.

Kindly go back to 4chan/encyclopediadramatica and don't post about things you don't understand.

Thank you,

KirbySSB

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
Hi Jumpluff.

Kindly go back to 4chan/encyclopediadramatica and don't post about things you don't understand.

Thank you,

KirbySSB
That's very rude.

I've never visited those garish sites, and do not intend to.
I understand completly what I am talking about, and it seems YOU are the one who doesn't know that you are mocking the true purpose of a game of such high calibur as Smash Bros.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
Dear Jumpluff:

Your troll is painfully obvious to me, as you have no grasp of how tournaments are actually run.

Thank you

- KirbySSB
Well, if I have no idea...
Why not infrom me?

I've been in one or two and I am making a bit of exageration, but this is mostly true.

I_R_Hungry

Smash Journeyman
whether or not you're trolling dude

how was making this thread ever perceived as a good idea to you lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
GTFO!

"You don't hate wavedashing because you think it's a glitch. You hate it because you suck at smash, wavedashing, and life!"

END OF STORY!

YOU FAIL! :p

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
whether or not you're trolling dude

how was making this thread ever perceived as a good idea to you lol
To make a point.

When a game is made with a ton of features, and you piss them into the wind, why buy it at all?

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
GTFO!

"You don't hate wavedashing because you think it's a glitch. You hate it because you suck at smash, wavedashing, and life!"

END OF STORY!

YOU FAIL! :p
to be frank, yes. I cannot wavedash, I do not hink it's a glitch and I do not suck at smash.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Well, if I have no idea...
Why not infrom me?

I've been in one or two and I am making a bit of exageration, but this is mostly true.
The two players (or four, if teams) choose their characters. No character is off limits. It's set to 4 stock, with an 8 min time limit (to prevent people from running away all match and to keep the game exciting).

Rounds are two out of three, or three out of five (if its the finals)

Even before the first round, each player (or team) gets to ban 1 stage from the level select. For instance lets say I really don't like Pokefloats or Rainbow cruise. I can choose to ban that level for the set. The other person can ban a level too.

Round 1 begins. The level is chosen randomly out of six neutral stages, the generally accepted most fair levels for all characters.

This is Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.

After round 1, the loser gets to choose a level from a wide variety of levels. Things like Brinstar, Mute City, etc. are all legal tournament counterpicks. Some, like Hyrule Temple and Flat zone, are understandably banned, for they are broken levels and create very unfair situations.

After this the player who won the previous match can switch characters if he/she wants to, and so can the person who lost. Then this system is repeated until somebody wins 2/3 or 3/5 (if finals).

This system is nowhere near the "FD only, fox only" stereotype that gets passed around 4chan and ED. infact, this "Advanced Slob picks" system is a brilliant way to keep the game exciting while making it fair and fun.

A year ago I won a match for 3rd place in a tournament, (so for 50 bucks), on rainbow cruise. Captain falcon VS Jigglypuff.

Tournaments are more diverse than people give them credit for.

Thanks for asking, hopefully this changes your mind a little.

-KirbySSB

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and I do not suck at smash
You may be alright against your friends but I garentee you won't beat even below average tournament players. In other words, you DO suck. Deal.

And no, you made more than "a bit" of an exaggeration. At a tournament you will usually see at least half the cast played if not more, with the top players using a mix of Fox, Peach, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Samus, IC's, Falcon, Jiggypuff, and more. Top 3 from SCC were: Fox, Marth, then Jiggypuff. Expand to top 5 at SCC and you get Fox, Marth, Jiggy, Peach, IC's, IC's. You know nothing about tournaments, FD is played maybe in 1/6th of the total matches.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
The two players (or four, if teams) choose their characters. No character is off limits. It's set to 4 stock, with an 8 min time limit (to prevent people from running away all match and to keep the game exciting).

Rounds are two out of three, or three out of five (if its the finals)

Even before the first round, each player (or team) gets to ban 1 stage from the level select. For instance lets say I really don't like Pokefloats or Rainbow cruise. I can choose to ban that level for the set. The other person can ban a level too.

Round 1 begins. The level is chosen randomly out of six neutral stages, the generally accepted most fair levels for all characters.

This is Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.

After round 1, the loser gets to choose a level from a wide variety of levels. Things like Brinstar, Mute City, etc. are all legal tournament counterpicks. Some, like Hyrule Temple and Flat zone, are understandably banned, for they are broken levels and create very unfair situations.

After this the player who won the previous match can switch characters if he/she wants to, and so can the person who lost. Then this system is repeated until somebody wins 2/3 or 3/5 (if finals).

This system is nowhere near the "FD only, fox only" stereotype that gets passed around 4chan and ED. infact, this "Advanced Slob picks" system is a brilliant way to keep the game exciting while making it fair and fun.

A year ago I won a match for 3rd place in a tournament, (so for 50 bucks), on rainbow cruise. Captain falcon VS Jigglypuff.

Tournaments are more diverse than people give them credit for.

Thanks for asking, hopefully this changes your mind a little.

-KirbySSB
Alright, alright...
I see now, maybe they arn't so bad...
I guess I'm really just upset that my disk got scratched into oblivion and my wavebird was sat on by an overweight relative of mine, so now I have no way of playing Melee while I wait impatiently for Brawl.

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Since I haven't yet become jaded by the excessive amounts of people complaining about the existence of wavedashing, I'll try to field this one.

Wavedashing is an advanced technique. It allows for greater freedom of movement and involves a great deal of strategy. I apologize on behalf of the people who make fun of you for not wavedashing, but understand that if you can't do it, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. If you don't want to wavedash, no one is going to force you to do it, but try to realize that your wavedashing opponent will have a greater range of movement than you.

Smash Bros. tournaments are set up to try and make the battles as nonrandom as possible. Stages with constantly shifting ground are banned, as are items. If you are playing casually with friends you can set it up however you want, but in a tournament the goal is generally for the most skilled person to win. Wavedashing is an important technique, but even more important are L-cancelling and being able to outthink your opponent. Wavedashing actually increases the amount of options you have for moving around, therefore making it for your opponent to predict what you are going to do. So I would think people would embrace wavedashing rather than getting mad that it exists.

Whether or not wavedashing is a glitch is irrelevant. It is another technique that all characters can take advantage of, so why wouldn't you want to do that?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
to be frank, yes. I cannot wavedash, I do not hink it's a glitch and I do not suck at smash.
Against your friends, but how would you match against me=??? I can guarentee you, I'd beat you. And if wavedashing is so bad, then how come it sparked the competitve smash scene, and started the competitve Melee boom=??? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom