• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash(watch the whole thing)

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
lol this could be useful

i saw this awhile ago but couldn't repeat is so

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Oh wow. I wasn't actually expecting to see anything new here. The diagonal crawl is verrrrry interesting

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
i tried doing it with luigi, shiek, and diddy, i can do it effectively with luigi but you cant be running at all. i cant with shiek or diddy. :< its nice but way to unreliable with it to work in combat i think.

If this ever applies itself as useful, this'd be great for DSmash spacing for most characters who crawl. Also would be good for messing with someone's head, maybe.

Though I wonder, can you do it backwards? Like, instead of going back to forward, can you go back to forward so as to slide facing forward?

Because, if so...Crawlers for Top Tier...>_>

Izaw

Smash Ace
wow o.O

Seems like it can be experimented and probably even better :o

Zodiac

Smash Master
It looks to be more situational than anything, I can see it being used like moonwalking in melee(To hog the edge), have you tried using it to edgehog?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Interesting. I'm especially interested in the waveland kind of crawl. It seems to cover the same distance. Does it work on platforms or do you fall through?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Eh?

I'm saying that it could have more use then those other pseudo wavedashes. At least it could give a movement to do mindgames with.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I think it should be given a different name than wave-dashing since it doesn't apply to both ways, I can't think of a name on the top of my head.

Anyways good find, and I want to say that you can go immediately into crawl form while you're running. It's been awhile since I got a chance to play brawl. Reguardless this will be perfect for Zamus players looking to get the drop on foes on the ground. Just slide back and grab after their recover attack (I dunno the actual name, the one that hits on both sides). Her grab is long enough she'd still be able to grab them after they do it.

Top Bottom