• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash OoS

yellowroy

Smash Ace
why can i not wavedash out of shield? It's not like my wavedashing is bad regularly cuz it isn't, i can waveland platforms and everything but,

WHY? is it my controller or something?

yellowroy

Smash Ace
Yes, sorry

when I use the other one I can kind of do it but it doesn't work to well.

Do you have to use a different trigger?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, and technically you can put up the shield and wavedash with the same trigger if you wanted to. But a lot of people (myself included) find that to be tougher. Just use whatever is more comfortable for you. And when you wavedash OoS, be sure to press the jump button first to cancel the sheild. As long as you do that the rest should fall into place rather easily.

I just realized that I needed to start WDing OoS and can do it rather consistently now. If you could WD with no problem before now, it won't take you more than a week to start WD OoS without breaking a sweat.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
This is a problem for people like me who have been playing for years and use R to shield and wavedash. To wavedash out of shield, we pretty much have to learn to wavedash with L, which is such a pain :(

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This is a problem for people like me who have been playing for years and use R to shield and wavedash. To wavedash out of shield, we pretty much have to learn to wavedash with L, which is such a pain :(
No you don't. i wavedash and shield with the L button and i can wavedash OoS also. All you have to do is slightly lift your finger off the R button then press it back down realy fast to do a WD. it's easiest with samus imo.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Oh right, I've heard of this technique. You just lift your finger off the trigger so it "un-clicks" and then click it down again, right?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Basically.

it takes some time to get used to but once you ge tthe hang of it, its easy

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I wavedash OoS with just R consistently. I usually light shield (even if you want a harder, smaller shield you can just hold it slightly above the click) then if I want to wavedash I just jump and press R the rest of the way down. Its harder for me to use L personally.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I wavedash OoS with just R consistently. I usually light shield (even if you want a harder, smaller shield you can just hold it slightly above the click) then if I want to wavedash I just jump and press R the rest of the way down. Its harder for me to use L personally.
This is what I do. Not hard at all.

oakleaf

Smash Cadet
@Stratocaster & @battousai555:

How do you wavedash a second time, now that your finger is all the way down? Do you quickly go into lightshield again once you've wavedashed? That sounds like quite a gymnastic here. I'll give it a try though. Thank you for the idea :)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
@Stratocaster & @battousai555:

How do you wavedash a second time, now that your finger is all the way down? Do you quickly go into lightshield again once you've wavedashed? That sounds like quite a gymnastic here. I'll give it a try though. Thank you for the idea :)
The point of wavedashing out of shield is to be able to space instantly, for example, if I'm too far away to shield grab, then I can Wavedash OoS towards them and grab. Usually you are not wavedashing OoS to just Shield again. If you want to shield again then yes theres plenty of time to let your finger release a bit to Light Shield. If you're wanting to wavedash again after the first wavedash then its the same as any other wavedash. Just repress Y>R

Top Bottom