• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch my Yoshi Combo Video

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Interesting video, but I had to watch it on mute or else I would have probably destroyed a thousand babies.

One thing I'd suggest is getting some footage of match-ups against other players, not just Samus, and possibly editing them in.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well for starters please use the video thread.

Now to your Yoshi. I saw two eggs...that's pretty pathetic.

For your opponent, he was the biggest scrub. He could've punished you horribly, airdodged, DId and wouldn't have died at like 119%. Your attacks were beyond obvious and he just doesn't believe in dodging apparently. Still, you have a lot to improve on. This is okay for starting out, but making a combo video of one persons friendlies is a bit....odd.

Not to be mean, but I'm just saying we get a lot of people wanting critiquing. and you may not have asked for it, but I think you need it. Everyone needs criticism. i didn't go in depth or harsh at all.

But I will say to get better, you have to play people who are better than you. Playing a LV9 CPU, would probably beat playing him.

Sorry for my harshness. I don't want to be mean, but I want to help you get to being a good Yoshi player.

PandaPint

Smash Rookie
well this is just a few clips, throughout the match i do throw a lot of eggs and such 0.0
i know i have a lot to improve on but Mild is VERY good with Samus. Watch his combo video

Airborne

Smash Lord
well this is just a few clips, throughout the match i do throw a lot of eggs and such 0.0
i know i have a lot to improve on but Mild is VERY good with Samus. Watch his combo video
sorry but you can't judge someone's samus by their combo video.... if that was the law, everyone would think chillin was a terrible falco because he's boring to watch, yet very effective... we need actual matches to view...

EDIT: also, you're combo video seemed a bit repetitive.... it was 2 minutes of fighting the same person with about 10 second clips of uair kills and fair spikes... i don't even recall any fsmash kills.... sorry =\

MildlyTemperate

Smash Cadet
Well for starters please use the video thread.

Now to your Yoshi. I saw two eggs...that's pretty pathetic.

For your opponent, he was the biggest scrub. He could've punished you horribly, airdodged, DId and wouldn't have died at like 119%. Your attacks were beyond obvious and he just doesn't believe in dodging apparently. Still, you have a lot to improve on. This is okay for starting out, but making a combo video of one persons friendlies is a bit....odd.

Not to be mean, but I'm just saying we get a lot of people wanting critiquing. and you may not have asked for it, but I think you need it. Everyone needs criticism. i didn't go in depth or harsh at all.

But I will say to get better, you have to play people who are better than you. Playing a LV9 CPU, would probably beat playing him.

Sorry for my harshness. I don't want to be mean, but I want to help you get to being a good Yoshi player.

Well for starters, yes, maybe I could have airdodged his Bairs, Fairs, and Uairs. I guess that was my mistake......(It's fkin hard to though, as they come out so fast!)

I main Samus, and I am really good if I do say so myself. =P

Usually I am able to DI using bombs, but NOT AGAINST YOSHI! Which I have now learned. I get punished hard, as Yoshi is the fastest in the air. This is still a legit video, since a lot of people won't pick up on this right away.

PandaPint

Smash Rookie
So far all I've gotten is that
I should use more eggs, and Fsmash.
Yes maybe these things are boring and repetative... But very affective as you can see.
however... thank you for the help

This video was made after 2 weeks of playing brawl, I thought it was pretty decent for that short amount of time. I'll post a new video showing more skill and potential and hopefully that will satisfy this tough croud.

Ty for everything.

and btw, ty for playing Mild =]

bigman40

Smash Master
Well for starters, yes, maybe I could have airdodged his Bairs, Fairs, and Uairs. I guess that was my mistake......(It's fkin hard to though, as they come out so fast!)

I main Samus, and I am really good if I do say so myself. =P

Usually I am able to DI using bombs, but NOT AGAINST YOSHI! Which I have now learned. I get punished hard, as Yoshi is the fastest in the air. This is still a legit video, since a lot of people won't pick up on this right away.
Just to let you know, Yoshi's moves aren't that fast. Only his Nair and Uair come out within 5 frames.

So far all I've gotten is that
I should use more eggs, and Fsmash.
Yes maybe these things are boring and repetative... But very affective as you can see.
however... thank you for the help

This video was made after 2 weeks of playing brawl, I thought it was pretty decent for that short amount of time. I'll post a new video showing more skill and potential and hopefully that will satisfy this tough croud.

Ty for everything.

and btw, ty for playing Mild =]
While I don't look at many videos, I think that you should just post a match and ask for critique so you can get better faster. IMO, it's a better way to introduce yourself.

Thrall29

Smash Rookie
nevermind of the opponent, the goal of a combo video is too show beautiful things for me ;(
and I think it's quit poor, only afa or aua, you can kill with ada too =D or ana, by example,to stop the recovery of a fox ;)

Top Bottom