• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was Luigi toned down for brawl?

Green-Machine

Smash Apprentice
Yes we all know Luigi is a killer but was he toned down for brawl?

My Luigi game is way off even though we are almost reaching the one year point of brawl!

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Yeah he was, like wave was important to his game along with his old fair and speed. Less competition worthy.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I honestly think his overall core character is much better in brawl than melee. He has more power, a bit more speed and a few more tools to work with. He deals with most of the cast with relative ease.

The problem with Brawl Luigi is the Brawl top tier. Minus the top tier, luigi is one of the best characters in the game. But there are far too many top tiers at tournaments.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
ehh, it seems the same..
but it's two dif. games.
In Mario Tennis, Mario was a Tennis player
In Mario Super Strikers (i think that's the name) Mario was a soccer player..

seeee. ^ ^

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I like brawl Luigi better as well. I did love melee Luigi though, but now uppercut is more of a priority, and I can actually get back on the stage sometimes O_o

napZzz

Smash Hero
IMO luigi got a lot better. Stronger smashes, faster aerials (maybe?) and his recovery isn't so ****ty and hard to do anymore.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I figured out a good combo if you jab then press up B you will connect with his super jump punch!

LUIGI FOR THE WIN!!!
I hope that was sarcasm.

Melee Luigi and Brawl Luigi are like two different entities. Melee Luigi was better because it was melee.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Melee Luigi was better in every way except B Up, B Down and B Air.
This man tells the truth. I go Melee Luigi any day. I'd probably 10x better now that im older, smarter and smash forums wh0re compared back to melee where i got my experience through 21+ year old college kids where i learnt how the hard way of competition and i didnt have smashboards.

Luigi honestly didn't make significant changes except the fact that the tech stuff were taken making him differnet in brawl. Other wise he's the same ol' just with the changed blister said.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I found it alot harder to recover with melee Luigi then brawl Luigi, the main point is not to be thrown off stage, but can you really compare the two, most of the character from melee to brawl changed. Melee luigi was in melee, and Brawl Luigi was in Brawl. But then agian I did get closer to winning a tourney in melee with Luigi then with Luigi in a brawl tourney. YOu complain about Luigi look what they did to C. Falcon

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
If you don't know a single thing about button mashing, go to melee srsly. Ka master mashed his way to get a full nado W/O the second jump even tho there isnt one in melee. In brawl it's far easier to recover with him. Just alot easier to punish as well.

Melee<3

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Same here.

I am really starting to HATE Brawl Luigi, and I'm REALLY close to making Zelda my primary in Brawl.
Please don't drop the green man. You should stick to a character no matter how bad you think they are, you do have a good Luigi, just keep at it. Jus look at those Falcon mains putting up with the crappyness of Falcon.

That, and your Username would be very unmatching :/.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I played melee today for the first time in a while. I had sooo much fun it was just stupid. I forgot how awesome and fast it was... Maybe I'll pick it up again, it really was just that cool. If I do though I won't play Luigi because I don't want it to mess up my brawl Luigi. Melee Jiggs and Roy ftw.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Actually, I hate Melee Luigi these days. Awful recovery, plays way different, and I don't wave much. I just like the F-Air, U-Smash and D-Smash. I prefer playing Link in Melee.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I prefer roy.
Agreed, the only cool and not overrated swordsman in Melee

*guns come out*

Opinion, opinion! Everytime I play Melee wth my friends, it's 3 Links and one Luigi, then they go and diss on Luigi for being a wimp.

-_-

I hate people like that. At least I beat them every single time with Luigi :D.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
If you don't know a single thing about button mashing, go to melee srsly. Ka master mashed his way to get a full nado W/O the second jump even tho there isnt one in melee. In brawl it's far easier to recover with him. Just alot easier to punish as well.

Melee<3
I've seen Ka master get a Full Nado, it's horrible, he froths at the mouth and does unspeakable things to the controller.

WIGI

Smash Champion
brawl lugi has betetr recovery, and like.. a betetr jab.

melee luigi has everything elsxse, most inportintly, aproach options.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
brawl lugi has betetr recovery, and like.. a betetr jab.

melee luigi has everything elsxse, most inportintly, aproach options.
This man tell's the truth as well. Except for approaching Falco's all over the stage with them lazersz lolz :laugh:

I cannot believe there even ARE people who prefer Melee Luigi over Brawl Luigi
I cannot believe people even question melee's luigi's sexiness.Either way he didn't make signficant changes, I just love melee luigi because it was far challenging and far more competitive.

I've seen Ka master get a Full Nado, it's horrible, he froths at the mouth and does unspeakable things to the controller.
Lol. Ka-master is inhuman.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Who had the better f-smash though, and if they are the same the way its been used has changed because a lot of us use it a lot

PKNintendo

Smash Master
You know what truly pissed me off in Melee? Luigi. His was actually allowed in low tier tournaments for a while and ****** everything up. The low tier tourney brackets were always

1.Luigi
2.Luigi
3.Luigi
4.DK
5.Insert random character

Im glad SBR was smart enough to place him in mid tier. A bit to late though.

Top Bottom