• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was is the most significant version of Project M for you?

Well?

Votes: 5 4.9%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 8 7.8%

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • 2.5b

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 9 8.8%

Votes: 51 50.0%

• Total voters

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
3.0 seriously cause of Roy.
Even though I think he's worse now because of his damn falling speed, and chasing in the air with him can be complete suicide

/gonna get butchered for comment
...Worse than what? Melee? Because his falling speed matches Melee.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Probably 2.5b. It wasn't my first demo, but I was there for the 1.0 and 2.0 releases, and got kind of bored with both of them within a week or so.

... And then I saw was 2.5b Lucas was capable of, and I had to pick up that game. 2.5b basically kept me from leaving Smash forever.

I can't deny 3.0's impact, because a lot of characters I actually enjoy playing more than most others were missing until 3.0. Samus, Kirby, Yoshi, Mewtwo. It's just that I don't know if I'd be here right now if 2.5b didn't lure me.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
...Worse than what? Melee? Because his falling speed matches Melee.
You sure? He seems a lot heavier, just like the simple fact he has a harder time even trying to get back to the stage with his DED.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You sure? He seems a lot heavier, just like the simple fact he has a harder time even trying to get back to the stage with his DED.

I'm sure that he's sure.

The changes to DED were intentional.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Fox puts that fast in fast faller
Roy puts the faller.

Srsly, that recovery x_x

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub

I'm sure that he's sure.

The changes to DED were intentional.
Okay my bad. The "you sure?" was unnecessary. Irregardless, I don't know why Roy seems to have a hard time getting back to the stage, I might be still adjusting from Melee Roy [which is most likely the case]. Truth be told, I'm seeing more reasons to drop Roy as my main, and picking up PM Samus.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lies. Roy has a totally viable and practical offstage game.
It's called using Marth.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Guess who else was playable in Melee who had Fire moves?

...yup.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785

I've played some of the earlier versions of P:M back in the wild west days of Brawl hacks, but I wasn't really into Smash anymore at the time. As good as Melee was and still is, I'm pretty much burned out on that game. Even though I'm far from a world-class player (not even good relative to my region, for that matter), playing Melee feels like treading on old ground for the millionth time in a row. I needed something new, but vanilla Brawl offered no respite. And SSB4 is still a long ways off, and of dubious nature until proven otherwise... the sting of Brawl still afflicts me after all this time.

But when P:M 2.6 came around and I decided to try it out in greater depth, I felt something that I hadn't experienced in years: Smash was exciting again. Smash wasn't a dead-end anymore. Smash had a future I could revel in, independent of whatever Sakurai's next attempt at the series will produce.

So yeah, thanks for making this mod, folks. You've brought purpose to the series again.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
2.1 was where it was at.

When 2.1 came out, I decided it would be cool to go to the Smash Brothers Club after school. I figured I'd be at the bottom, but it wouldn't be the end of the world since I loved Melee and Brawl when I played them. I had stopped playing console games for 2 or 3 years at that point, and I wasn't expecting to get interested in console gaming anytime soon. I was completely surprised when I found out that I was not only considerably worse than I expected, but also ready to get back into a console game. After my first day of getting absolutely pounded, I immediately went home and downloaded 2.1. That demo singlehandedly saved my Wii and reignited my interest in Smash, a franchise I had never even thought about playing again.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
2.1 is the first one I played.

I voted for that. 3.0 was great but terribly flawed. I don't know why but a lot of things didn't stun me quite as much as I thought they would. 2.1 was the first time I tried hacking Brawl and it was a pretty amazing feeling seeing the P:M logo on-screen for the first time.

By the way, kudos to IGN for featuring P:M on their site. It caught my eye, and I was semi-interested. What really got my attention was Wario's new moveset in the Ness vs Wario video on Dracula's Castle.

Top Bottom