• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's tournament game

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
So yeah, I felt the need to make a thread so I can hear people out about how they did at tournaments (no, not those scrubby online ones) So lets hear it :O

My last tournament was in Princeton, New Jersey and I got a bad placing surprisingly >_> Lost to a goodtime rival (ROB) then to Pride, an incredible Yoshi player. Tournaments are usually far from me so I don't get the chance to go to them that often.

bassem6

Smash Lord
I placed 1st in dark star's smash fest and 3rd in concept bulb's tourney(both online and on this site).

P.S. I think we should be allowed to include online ones as some of us dont have the means or opportunity to enter ones IRL.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have placed first in the 3 local tournaments we have had so far in my town. Also got into the top 10 at a Houston tourney back in May, which had some of the best in Texas attending it, and that's about it. I got 2 tournaments coming up; one in my town and one back in Houston. I'll try to get some of the matches recorded and let you know how I placed.

As far as online, I've placed in the Top 3 in a few tournaments maybe a month or so back but now I kinda don't play online that much anymore.

Christopher Rodriguez

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Im not kidding. Come down to Jersey and play him and you'll see what I mean.
P.S. I think we should be allowed to include online ones as some of us dont have the means or opportunity to enter ones IRL.
But the thing about online is that skill fluctuates greatly due to lag; It mostly just infested with smash/roll happy olimars and dsmashchu.. I kinda understand what you mean though about being far away from offline stuff, but it took me about 20 online tournaments on AiB to realize how stupid online is (imho)

bassem6

Smash Lord
"But the thing about online is that skill fluctuates greatly due to lag; It mostly just infested with smash/roll happy olimars and dsmashchu.. I kinda understand what you mean though about being far away from offline stuff, but it took me about 20 online tournaments on AiB to realize how stupid online is (imho)"

how do you quote stuff X_X?

Anyway, I get what your saying, but it gives me an extra feeling of satisfaction when I do beat those nooby spammers and manage to do well in lag where wario is heavily affected.

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
I placed 3rd in a bay area tourney. Had the most trouble with snake and kirby. Kirby isnt so bad for me now. I was just blown away by seeing the first good one. I find i have assess mid battle what kind of player they are and what tendencies they have. I win if i can do that, or land a couple of farts.

Christopher Rodriguez

Anyway, I get what your saying, but it gives me an extra feeling of satisfaction when I do beat those nooby spammers and manage to do well in lag where wario is heavily affected.
I don't hate online or anything, nor do I blame you seeing you live in Oklahoma since as far as I can tell it doesn't seem like there is a active smash community there. Your right about Wario suffering hard from lag.. I don't know how many times I would lose a GB match just by suiciding due to lag Dx

Khaos

Smash Apprentice
why scrubby man? i havent experienced lag in online mode. i dont know why everyone keeps
nagging about it. unless u play someone form really far away

KillingJoke

Smash Cadet
why scrubby man? i havent experienced lag in online mode. i dont know why everyone keeps
nagging about it. unless u play someone form really far away
Not true.

Me and my friend from colorado experience almost zero lag (I'm in minnesota)

But my friend a mile away lags like hell half the time.

Christopher Rodriguez

There's no such thing as ZERO lag, sorry.

It may seem like so, but if it was true tournaments wouldn't be around anymore since you can just play wifi.. not the case though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's no such thing as ZERO lag, sorry.

It may seem like so, but if it was true tournaments wouldn't be around anymore since you can just play wifi.. not the case though.
Correct, there is at least processing lag that the Wii's go through, considering they have to send all of that info to the other Wii, have them read it and send back more info, etc etc.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
1st place in 3 local tournies singles and teams although we split when we played it out i won so w/e

also blarfenzo was at those same tournies but idk how he placed

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got 3rd at a local tourney a week ago, I would have gotten first but I suicided in two separate games, one against Melee1, and the other with another pretty good guy from Dallas. I admit, I had to switch to G&W against Melee1 (his IC are beastly once they get on a roll), but other than that I played all Wario.

Top Bottom