• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Wifi

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Wario requires great spacing to play properly (especially considering his pitiful range), his aerials are much better if autocanceled (lol BAir) and he can't weave in and out as well online.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't think he's terrible there's a couple of good wario's that play online like bassem and waft_oli. The only problem that comes from online that input will throw off your reaction so even if you input a dodge or an attack it may not register until after you got hit. But that's true for every character but I guess it's more of a factor for Wario because that's primarily how you're going to be getting inside on people.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No trust me, even Bassem and Oli probably (I know Bassem will say so, same with PX, I've not talked to Waft about this) will confirm that Wario is definitely worse online than offline. Wario is a very frame intense character. What I mean by that is that literally Wario needs to be able to see his options clearly frame by frame, or as close to that as possible, and be able to react as smoothly as possible. Last second weaving/mobility/airdodging/etc is much harder to do online than offline, and some of that is absolutely crucial to the Fabric of playing as Wario.

Wario also relies a lot on being able to punish people. He usually does so in strict frame windows though. If he sees Dedede Bair, he has a small window of opportunity to punish with Fair before Dedede can completely recover. Online, unless you predict it in advance and buffer the Fair actions correctly, Dedede can buffer an airdodge and escape since you suffer the lag instead of him.

Characters when forced into defensive positions can buffer their moves ahead of time for the desired result. If someone is being CG'd and they have a 1 frame window to spotdodge out of it, they can usually buffer a spotdodge regardless of whether it is online or not and it will work. If the Chain Grabber is online though, the burden for him to be perfect is much higher than the person who only has to spotdodge/perform a defensive move like Shield/Roll/counter attack/etc. This makes it harder for Wario to punish online as it forces him to bear the burden of online lag much more than the person who is trying to flee punishment.

It also makes it harder for Wario to defend himself. He's a very reactionary character. If you see the other person shielding, and his shield drops, you can expect a grab or attack and try to spotdodge/roll. Online, if you see someone shielding and their shield drops, you literally at that point usually cannot buffer a spotdodge/roll soon enough with online lag kicking in. This hurts Wario quite a bit considering this affects his airdodging as well.

Waft-OLi

Smash Journeyman
Wario is trash Online lol simple as that... thats why im hanging up my gloves on wifi and doing more offline... Wario online is very hard to space correctly with, and the button input lagg hurts your reaction a lot.. so if your tryin to do wifi i suggest you pick an opponent that do not lagg with you, even though the most tiny bit of button input lagg can seriously mess a wario up.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Wario is trash Online lol simple as that... thats why im hanging up my gloves on wifi and doing more offline... Wario online is very hard to space correctly with, and the button input lagg hurts your reaction a lot.. so if your tryin to do wifi i suggest you pick an opponent that do not lagg with you, even though the most tiny bit of button input lagg can seriously mess a wario up.
wario requires good spacing, auto canceling and punishing which are all virtually impossible to do correctly online
No trust me, even Bassem and Oli probably (I know Bassem will say so, same with PX, I've not talked to Waft about this) will confirm that Wario is definitely worse online than offline. Wario is a very frame intense character. What I mean by that is that literally Wario needs to be able to see his options clearly frame by frame, or as close to that as possible, and be able to react as smoothly as possible. Last second weaving/mobility/airdodging/etc is much harder to do online than offline, and some of that is absolutely crucial to the Fabric of playing as Wario.

Wario also relies a lot on being able to punish people. He usually does so in strict frame windows though. If he sees Dedede Bair, he has a small window of opportunity to punish with Fair before Dedede can completely recover. Online, unless you predict it in advance and buffer the Fair actions correctly, Dedede can buffer an airdodge and escape since you suffer the lag instead of him.

Characters when forced into defensive positions can buffer their moves ahead of time for the desired result. If someone is being CG'd and they have a 1 frame window to spotdodge out of it, they can usually buffer a spotdodge regardless of whether it is online or not and it will work. If the Chain Grabber is online though, the burden for him to be perfect is much higher than the person who only has to spotdodge/perform a defensive move like Shield/Roll/counter attack/etc. This makes it harder for Wario to punish online as it forces him to bear the burden of online lag much more than the person who is trying to flee punishment.

It also makes it harder for Wario to defend himself. He's a very reactionary character. If you see the other person shielding, and his shield drops, you can expect a grab or attack and try to spotdodge/roll. Online, if you see someone shielding and their shield drops, you literally at that point usually cannot buffer a spotdodge/roll soon enough with online lag kicking in. This hurts Wario quite a bit considering this affects his airdodging as well.
Wario requires great spacing to play properly (especially considering his pitiful range), his aerials are much better if autocanceled (lol BAir) and he can't weave in and out as well online.
I definitely agree with all of these statements. Its so much harder to play wario effectively online. You must be reactionary and precise with your moves and the horrid delay and sometimes lag make this quite hard. Other players will say the same thing however some characters like mk with his long lasting, multi-hitting tornado or snake with his large range tilts have an easier time online.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
wario suxs online , kause u need to react uber fast. and is hard to space correctly

6HyPeR9

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's hard for an aggro Wario to play on Wi-Fi.
Which sucks for me since the only place I can train at is Wi-Fi..

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wario suxs online , kause u need to react uber fast. and is hard to space correctly
QFT

wario sucks online.

i have quit serious wifi because of it.
i was dumb enough to start

/off to next nonsense thread.

Top Bottom