• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Ware characters, come here if you want Syrup.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
First of all, I didn't name this the official Wario Ware character thread, because quite frankly, no cares if it's official at all.

Anyway, we all know Wario will be sporting his new Warioware costume, hate it or love it. Since Wario Ware is one of Nintendo's newer franchises,(a great-selling franchise at that),other Wario Ware characters should be included.

Jimmy

,Mona:

Kat and Ana

and Captain Syrup(although I only added her because she was the most popular character from Wario Land other than Wario obviously)

have the biggest chances of getting in out of the different series'. Nintendo is looking to add more of their franchises to this game and build upon it, adding these characters could help. Wario Ware is also having a new game on the Wii(Wario Ware:Smooth Moves), but I'm not sure if it'll be out before Brawl or not.

You may know that I don't support Waluigi, mainly because his only role is that he's playable in Party games. So are these characters, so you're probably thinking I'm a hypocrite, wrong. Since the whole focus of the Wario Ware series is party games, I thought these guys deserve it more than Waluigi. You don't know Mario for his party games(at least I hope not) but for his classic side-scrollers and his 3d games(also for defining how a 3d adventure should be done alongside Zelda OoT).

Jimmy T.(Thang) is a disco-dancing guy, and is probably the most recognizable character(other than Wario of course) from the Wario Ware series. He's unique, although he does resemble Waluigi a little bit. He goes to night clubs and sweats a lot. He also wears a wig, him throwing his wig at you for his forward-b much like Link's boomerang would be great.

Scale of 1-5

Strength:3
Speed: 3
Height: 4
Weight: 3
Range: 3(long arms)
Jump: 3

Very balanced.

Mona can be considered Wario's love interest. Wario has supposedly let Mona come on some of his adventures(according to wikipedia). She has had a few different jobs such as a pizza delivery girl, a waitress, and a bass player. She looks like she's a cheerleader in the new Warioware game for the Wii. These could be used for attacks I guess. Her stats would go something like this, it's on a scale of 1-5.

Strength: 2
Height: 3
Weight: 3
Range: 2
Not the greatest stats, but decent.

Kat and Ana- Two little ninja twins. These characters are named after "katana" which are swords ninjas usually use....at least in games. They also have four pets, a sparrow, a dog, a falcon, and of course, a monkey. This and the fact that they have swords could make for a unique moveset, and add to the additions of female characters. So basically, they have speed, and range. Scary.

Scale of 1-5

Strength: 2
Speed: 5(they are small ninjas after all)
Height: 2
Weight: 2
Range: 3(short arms)
Jump: 4
The best character out of these suggestions(stat-wise).

Captain Syrup- "a video game character who appears in two games of Nintendo's Wario Land series. Syrup is Wario's first nemesis and the first female boss in any game in the extended Super Mario series, having preceded characters like Cackletta, the Shadow Queen, and the Golden Diva by nearly ten years. She is also the first character since Bowser's introduction to appear as the end boss in more than one game; only Donkey Kong has since done this."

"Personality wise, Wario and Captain Syrup are similar in that they are both greedy, ambitious, and ruthless."-Wikipedia

A female who's just as ruthless, selfish, and crazy as Wario. Anyway, these are her stats, since I know you all care and all.

Strength: 3
Height: 4
Weight: 2
Range: 3

The only reason I added her is because a lot of people seem to like her.

These characters are usually forgotten when people make their character lists/screens, who are usually replaced by crap characters such as: Pokemon(except Grimer), Tails, Waluigi, etc. The list is too big to name all of the horrible suggestions that have shown their ugly heads in this room/forum.

Then again, we're not here to bash some of the worst ideas known to man.

If there was a Wario related level to be added, it'd have to be the S.S. Teacup. I didn't want to stretch the page, so you can look at the pic here

Thanks to Iggy K for the pic, +rep for you.

The official website for Wario Ware can be found here.

I gave plenty of info on these characters, if you want even more, click on the links below this to learn even more about these characters.

Jimmy's wikipedia article

Mona's wikipedia article

Kat and Ana's wikipedia article

Let the supporting begin.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
They're not really his friends; just his employees. :cool:

But yeah. I don't know how Mona would fight except for comical devices maybe, though Wario will probably use some anyhow. Jimmy could fight using dance moves. That'd be intense...But get rid of the Ice Climbers and throw Kat and Ana in there to replace them, I'd be cool with that. Dr. Crygor would be interesting too, as long as he didn't wear his fruity little pink suit from Touched.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I agree with what you say about Kat and Ana replacing the Ice Climbers. They would be fast, weak, lightweight, short, and high jumps. I don't think they actually will be in the game though, I still think the only ones would be Mona and Jimmy. (Jimmy could have an attack where he posed a disco move and poked other people in the eyes)

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't know about having them as playable characters, but I would like to see a level in Diamond City with these guys wondering around in the background. I think it would be pretty cool.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You really think those characters would be in it over Mona, Jimmy, and Kat & Ana?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Marshigio said:
You really think those characters would be in it over Mona, Jimmy, and Kat & Ana?
Actually, yes.

Crygor is semi-robotic, Orbulon could have alien powers and use his ship.

How would Mona attack...? Fling pizzas and use her guitar...? Jimmy, however, seems more likely than all of them.

I wasn't being serious on the rabbit, though.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Time will tell, but I was just saying that because Jimmy and Mona were more recognized/popular.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I really don't think putting Wario in his Ware costume means anything, they're just keeping it modern.

However, I would love to see Wario's employees/minions make it into the game in one way or another, whether it be as playable characters(if they don't take Little Mac or Cheer Squad's slots) or, as someone already suggested, making appearances in the background of Wario's stage.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry Marsh but I can't read your posts. I only end up staring.

Your gist is to bring all those characters, right? I vote for...

ohhh....

I mean uhh Mona. Yes.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
I knew the assman posted this. Lol, any more of his posts and im gonna get a rearend overload.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Kat and Ana seem like the only ones capable of actually fighting. But I sure would like more characters, so sure.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Marshigio said:
As we all know Wario will be sporting his new Warioware costume, hate it or love it. So people begin to think things like "wtf he should be wearing his classic yellow and purple outfit" Chances are he will be able 2 wear his original as an alternate.

I think that Nintendo put him in that outfit as a hint to other Wario Ware characters being included. Wario has friends other than Waluigi you guys, (believe it or not).
What stupid logic. I assume that if they showed him in the yellow and purple it's a hint that Waluigi's in? They're going with WWWario because other than party/sport games, the only things he's been in for quite a few years is Wario Ware. And rather than a few generic moves that he used when he was in platforming, they're grabbing a few moves from his minigames and personality.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Uh... what?

Sakurai is pulling Wario's Wario Ware costume out because A. it's more unique, and B. it's his most recent incarnation. It has nothing to do with wanting to put in more Wario Ware characters. He might want to, sure, but we can't tell that just by looking at Wario's costume. It's all aesthetics. Not everything has to be a silly hint at a secret character, y'know ;)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
What? Who revived this thread? I wanted it to be forgetten forever after realizing these weren't good reasons and that this should just be a character support thread.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
What? Who revived this thread? I wanted it to be forgetten forever after realizing these weren't good reasons and that this should just be a character support thread.
*shrug* Just saw it on the front page :p

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Actually, the main reason I didn't want this to be revived was because of the Mona pic on the first page which was replaced.

Anyway, I think these reasons are better and I know what I said earlier didn't hold up.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I don't think they should replace the ice climbers, simply because they are one of, if not the most unique character(s) in the game.

They wouldn't play anything like them, they'd be faster. Quick strikes, with relatively weak smash attacks, but would be lighter to make up for it.

Sinistar71

Smash Cadet
I could see another WarioWare character possibly making the cut, perhaps Mona or Ashley (I could see a cool movelist involving her with Red) though I like Jimmy T. and the twins (Kat and Ana) as well. Also, here's a question, if other warioware characters make it in, will they also have wario's W as there symbol, or the Warioware logo?

LuZr!!@

Smash Cadet
I was thinking since they might take out the ice climbers they could put Kat and Ana in there in an Ice climbers esque style. (controling two as one) they would probubly get more character support then the little known and under-appreciated ice climbers. Or maybe they could actually work as a tag team, as one gets to a high percent you could use a B move to switch characters, each would have seperate health but to balence it out theyd have to be extreamly light characters.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
hell, I would like all them to be in to represent wario ware.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
On a small sidenote, I heard Mona was the only WarioWare developer in full 3D, ever, besides Wario of course. Which game? I could use her 3D pic anytime.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
GaryCXJk, I looked for a 3-D pic of her, but unfortunately I couldn't find one. The official art for Wario Ware isn't done in 3-D, and neither are the games. Maybe they'll have a 3-D model of her somewhere in Smooth Moves, but if I find one, I'll make sure to either PM you or put it in this thread.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Anyway, Mona has all my support, just because she has many different skills. And outfits. Seriously, pizza thingy crap, band crap, cheerleading crap. Enough inspiration for a moveset.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Mona definetly needs to be in over any other Wario Ware character, I agree. She is Wario's love interest after all.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
There's a 3D Mona as one of the random intros in Wario Ware on GC.

Otherwise, Ashley is my favourite Wario character so far.

Wario's emblem has been confirmed to be a W.

Pit's is a bow and arrow and Snake's is some weird fox thing.

NukeA6

Smash Master
SSJ4Kazuki said:
There's a 3D Mona as one of the random intros in Wario Ware on GC.

Otherwise, Ashley is my favourite Wario character so far.

Wario's emblem has been confirmed to be a W.

Pit's is a bow and arrow and Snake's is some weird fox thing.
The wierd fox thing is pre-Fox Hound's logo when it was called Fox. (MGS 3)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was thinking of adding Ashley, but these characters represent Wario Ware the best, and 4 characters from the Wario series is enough.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, and the 3D picture may cut off the legs, but not too much, seeing as I'm using the sizes 426x240, so the height mustn't be lower than 200. Also, no cut-offs on the head or sides please.

Anyone with a TV card and such can actually do it. Seeing as I have neither WarioWare on the Cube and a TV card on my PC, I can't, sadly :(

Also, video is also possible.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I defiantly support Mona for Brawl. By the way, not all Wario characters are from WW alone. Are you forgetting Captain Syrup of Wario Land? Anyway, add those two and a Wario stage and we are set in the Wario depatment of Brawl.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
What stage? Why the S.S.Teapot of course. Her super should definitley be the genie though. Though seeing that Wario has his look from WartioWare, I seriously doubt Syrup getting in.

Top Bottom