• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
1) Don't up b unless you have to so you don't get gimp gayed XD
2) Don't try to land more than one fair at low percents on anyone with a quick fair, or that is floaty, it usually doesn't work.
3) Holy **** amazing crouch taunt, lol. I just spindance in place, your Wario spasms. Epic.
4) I PERSONALLY don't like that you use upair so much more than dair, but that's just personal preference. Having a fresh/fresher upair lets you kill way sooner, and dair is just as good for combos and damage racking, and is actually easier to space and avoid punishment. Is there any reason you don't like the move?
5) Jab cancel moar. It's too good. High priority, cancels into grabs or bites or even fsmashes (which come packaged with terrible DI b/c they're DIing away from the jab)
6) You airdodged to the ground right in front of that Lucario a lot, which isn't really recommendable, as he punished you for it a lot.
7) Wear more Wario mustache
8) Don't dsmash at low percents
9) Taunt more in Grand Finals against M2K
10) You probably didn't care since you were wrecking, but work on landing those farts more, there're so many chances, especially against Lucarios XD
11) Stop taking Snakes to Battlefield
12) You're welcome to disregard all of this post that isn't numbers 3, 7, or 9.
1. Up-B as an offensive move is fun.
2. Noted.
3. I try to keep it interesting.
4. D-Air hasn't felt safe to me for a long while. Maybe it's superstition, but I don't understand how approaching someone from the side is safe at all, and I find it a bit difficult to land the full D-Air from above. U-Air has fairly significant shieldstun and pushback, and makes it so I don't have to think about it as much. I should start using more D-Air, however.
5. Noted.
6. Yeah, I'm not intelligent sometimes.
7. I wish I still had the one I used to have; the glue wore off. ;_;
8. BUT IT'S SO COOL (and it clanks with everything).
9. I plan to.
10. I'm simply not used to fighting Lucario. I'll get that in time.
11. Where should I take them instead?
12. Nah, I wrote something on all of them, so I may as well take it all to heart.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ooh, yay, my doubles videos are up! I think we did pretty well considering we'd never teamed before.

Broken Arrow Rd 1 is missing, but we won that one

Vs Broken Arrow Rd 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGrAEY5u-Y&feature=channel_page

Vs Broken Arrow Rd 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCxw1EGqFQ&feature=channel_page

Vs Wooly Butthole (LeeMartin + Ultimate Razer) This went to two sets and we recorded matches sporadically, so I don't remember the rounds. I think we won first set 3-1 and then we lost 1-3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwD477ZiADE&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVJgRabyEs0&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jEsGWoHsI&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYABUNXaug&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYFtVXP9L1E&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmPEd95dnw&feature=channel_page

Oh, and I'm not talking about an offensive move, I meant when you up bd under the edge and got hogged first round, lol. I don't judge others for using up b offensively, i just don't really like it :p

Take Snakes to actual counterpick stages (preferably Brinstar or RC), or flatter neutrals. You're like me, you don't like to aircamp, so BField is like a haven for the Snaek player.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Good stuff, slik. Only things I see "missing" (meaning I use them, doesn't man you have to), are jab cancels into grab or fsmashes, and just more empty hops into grabs or something else (these generally confuse the hell out of people). Wario's grab range is massive, and with his DI you should be able to grab people pretty much whenever you want to. Aside from that, just stop missing so many bites and you're good to wreck more :p You fsmashed a lot earlier on in stocks for whatever reason, I personally like keeping it fresh, as it never kills beyond 140 if it's fresh.

Wafting unnecessarily on Marios = pro.

EDIT: You should probably spotdodge less, especially against Zeldas.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Good stuff, slik. Only things I see "missing" (meaning I use them, doesn't man you have to), are jab cancels into grab or fsmashes, and just more empty hops into grabs or something else (these generally confuse the hell out of people). Wario's grab range is massive, and with his DI you should be able to grab people pretty much whenever you want to. Aside from that, just stop missing so many bites and you're good to wreck more :p You fsmashed a lot earlier on in stocks for whatever reason, I personally like keeping it fresh, as it never kills beyond 140 if it's fresh.

Wafting unnecessarily on Marios = pro.

EDIT: You should probably spotdodge less, especially against Zeldas.
i always waft unnecessarily lol...and i like fsmash. if i use it too much, I usually try to grab and pummel as much as i can to refresh. Bites i need to work on definitely. I ***** him first round so I was pretty much on autopilot the second round

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I used to like to use fsmash a lot... and then people started shielding it and then punishing it during it's stupidly long shield lag -_-

Some characters have enough time to dash grab you out of shield after you've fsmashed it, it's ********, haha. GW can fsmash you back, or fair you -_-

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If they don't DI the first jab appropriately it's a combo, and then if you do it at the edge it's always a combo (the jab autocancels quicker there). I guess you could crouch cancel a jab if you needed to, I personally just time it. If you land the jab and they DI, they're still usually in grab range :D

Ok, well, since Warlock G has pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet, does anyone with ample time want to start a new video thread? I would sticky that one and close this one, it would just be nice for everything to be updated as it should be.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I could do it. But I think there should only be vids of you, dmg, fiction, reflex if he makes some more new ones and other good vids of other players. 1 or 2 months old max?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Because there aren't too many good wario players out there. If there are some good vids of someone else I can put them on though. Some japan vids would be cool too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, if you want you can divide the thread into "Tiers" of play, and then showcase certain players within that. It's not fair to newer Wario players that want to be seen/helped/whatever to just be left out, imo.

If you want to keep it recent that's up to you. If you make it, make it organized, and keep it updated, I'll sticky it for you. It won't be easy to find the vids you need though :p

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
You can have people post videos here without being included in the OP, though. Like, I can (and will!) post some videos here looking for critique, but I don't think I'm good enough with Wario yet for someone to learn from me.

But yeah, videos.

vs G-zus(Wolf) (Bad first life, good after that)
vs Jugs(Marth)

I really enjoy playing Wario, and I'm doing pretty well with him, but I know I have some bad habits that I need to fix. (for one, I can't get it through my head to air dodge for momentum canceling).

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You can have people post videos here without being included in the OP, though. Like, I can (and will!) post some videos here looking for critique, but I don't think I'm good enough with Wario yet for someone to learn from me.

But yeah, videos.

vs G-zus(Wolf) (Bad first life, good after that)
vs Jugs(Marth)

I really enjoy playing Wario, and I'm doing pretty well with him, but I know I have some bad habits that I need to fix. (for one, I can't get it through my head to air dodge for momentum canceling).
Up angled ftilts and c-sticking all your bairs would help you so much vs. marth. Some sexy dacus stuff there

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Up angled ftilts and c-sticking all your bairs would help you so much vs. marth. Some sexy dacus stuff there
I think I do c-stick all my aerials already. I suppose I just need to be more careful to not land next to him. I'll give the ftilts a go the next time we play, thanks.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Here's a few vids from my latest tourney.

Quik :warioc: vs. Hunger :wario: + :snake: (Games 1 + 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmQehwCOLY

Quik :warioc: vs. Hunger :snake: (Game 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56PBP22Vruc&feature=related
Gawd, that Snake is so bad... he got pwned :psycho:

Your Wario is looking very nice now, Quik. Last time you posted videos (against Norm on Brinstar I think) I was unimpressed... it's nice to see quick improvement ^_^

Commentary for third round = god tier... who was that?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
The videos are a little tough to navigate through, is there any way that you could sort the vids by player name as opposed to by against a character, its a little difficult to find vids of a specific person. Like in that new vid thread suggested?

Top Bottom