• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario position in the SBR Tier List

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Wario the 8th best char according to the SBR so what do you think should he up,down or stay at this spot so disscus

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Down. 8 characters can now infinite him and like half the cast can grab release him into a kill move with little trouble. Within a year, I'm going to guess that he'll fall to mid-high to mid-mid tier.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
well the trick is too don't get grab Wario is very fantastic as a char aside from that flaw

Magnawolf

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it's pretty fair to say that he's 8th best character in Brawl. He might get moved down though.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
down

i agree with fatmanonice. hes like the onl ycharacter in the game that can be consistently comboed into a kill move and it's easy to fight him after you learn him but people are stupid ****s so they don't know how -.-

Taxi

Smash Cadet
Seriously, Wario is NOT going to fall like a brick on the tier charts. One, he has great tools to avoid getting and grabbed. Two, you are not always going to be fighting in Final Destination. Hell, sometimes you might find yourself playing in Lylat Cruise first and of course you always get to counter pick. Three, his aerial game is insane and has great kill and recovery moves. At worst, he is going to be on the bottom of high. Period.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
He is too good to move down very far, but I think that the grab release SHOULD affect his standing a little.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Infinite is overrated.

4 of them are situational (grab Wario out of a DJ lol)
and the other 4 are difficult to do. And are done by lackluster characters.

Yoshi is underrated sure, but when facing Wario, I find that he's outmatched, even with the infinite.

ZSS is an easy matchup, due to her lack of killers. (Wario is also heavy)

Bowser is easy to combo, and has an average grab range.

While ganondorf...

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I think 8th is about right. after all, he's doing very well in tourneys, despite the grab release and infinites.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Which?

Also, down.

Like, 10th or 11th.
go see the thread official Grab release thread in the Wario forum I listed all possible char who are able to release Wario in a jump break WITHOUT A SLOPE because actually every char except olimar can release Wario if he is on a slope

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
go see the thread official Grab release thread in the Wario forum I listed all possible char who are able to release Wario in a jump break WITHOUT A SLOPE because actually every char except olimar can release Wario if he is on a slope
We know about that, even with that I doubt Wario will drop very much, if not just 1 spot.

I think Wario has room to grow, maybe even go higher than 8th.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
down

i agree with fatmanonice. hes like the onl ycharacter in the game that can be consistently comboed into a kill move and it's easy to fight him after you learn him but people are stupid ****s so they don't know how -.-
Get off these boards and stop trolling. What makes you think YOUR opinion matters more than players who are actually good.

laki

Smash Apprentice
If Wario went up who would he go above because I seriously don't think he's better than anyone above him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Get off these boards and stop trolling. What makes you think YOUR opinion matters more than players who are actually good.
Hostility on the Wario boards is not permitted, ESPECIALLY if a Wario person starts it. Plz I want to keep the Wario boards pure and full of win, not bickering.

I am dead serious when I say Wario has the potential to go higher.

Ace55

Smash Lord
If he keeps holding up in tournaments like he's doing now, and doesn't get slowed by grab releases, I could see him crawling over Marth and ROB. Matchupwise though I think Marth eats him alive, and ROB probably has better matchups too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ROB is gonna go down, he gets absolutely manhandled by Watch and MK, and they're more than prevalent on the trny scene.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
At the moment 8th is justified, due to his tournament results (you guys should be thankful to have Reflex and Futile, ...) but I can imagine him going down...

Ace55

Smash Lord
At the moment 8th is justified, due to his tournament results (you guys should be thankful to have Reflex and Futile, ...) but I can imagine him going down...
Reflex and Futile should be thankful for Wario. It's a win win situation.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Reflex and Futile should be thankful for Wario. It's a win win situation.
Lol too good.

You all just wait, it's gonna be the 3 of us traveling across the nation, kicking *** and taking money :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's as ridiculous as us saying that Samus players should be thankful for having Tudor, or Peach players for having Edreesespieces. The players can only go so far as a character will let them, fyi.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I have found a tech to escape infinites!!

I need someone who can make vid so I have something to back up my claims. So if you are willing to help, contact me.

Wario dropping in the tier list won't happen now!!

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Grab releasing Wario isn't used to infinite him most of the time it is used to make sure Wario do not avoid a kill move

Ace55

Smash Lord
Darkspatan's grammer is horrible, but mostly he says wise things.

But I do want to see what Wario nut is talking about.

Top Bottom