• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wario grab release to Usmash

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
if this was already known dont flame me, Im barely ever on the pika boards so i didnt know. oh and I searched for this and nothing came up

ok so today i had nothing to do i got out of school early, no chicks on MSN, nothing good on tv and i wasnt sleepy so i decided to play some brawl. I go into the free play chat at AIB and a wee bit later im playing a wario player online. so wario is a really annoing match for me so when he's at 135% or so i grab him and instead of throwing him i held him and released him he landed right next to me at Usmash range, i managed to grab him again and the release leads straight into a standing Usmash (i didnt move a single centimeter) which makes killing wario a hell of a lot easier. i tried this out on a CPU wario as welll and it landed right next to me again at Usmash range.

can anyone try this out to see if this really works or if it was just luck or no DI on behalf of the player i played. if this release to Usmash was unknown we may have a new tool in this annoying matchup

EDIT: wario/pika matchup is currently seen as 60/40 or 65/35 in wario's favor

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
ground no jabs/shocks (if that maters) picture yoshi's release on wario, he landed right in front of me
i didnt try to grab him again but if what i have is correct its a free Usmash which as stated makes killing wario a lot easier
EDIT: someone try chain grab release to see if anything comes up, so far i have just a free Usmash

gallax

Smash Hero
i think a sh nair would be better here. a running usmash would take a few more frames to complete then a sh nair. and i mean immediate nair when you jump.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll just leave this here:

Range ranking:
1. F-Smash
2. D-Tilt
3. AAA combo
4. F-Tilt
5. Thunder's Sweetspot
6. Up Smash
7. Up Tilt
8. D-Smash

First frame with a hitbox for them:
1. F-Smash: 15
2. D-Tilt: 7
3. AAA combo: 2
4. F-Tilt: 10
5. Thunder's Sweetspot: 43 (YEAH, THIS IS REALLY GOING TO HIT)
6. Up Smash: 9
7. Up Tilt: 7
8. D-Smash: 6

Figure out what works best for yourselves, gentlemen. I've always been partial to D-Tilt.

Also, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190190

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I encountered something similar where I forced Wario to air break with Ness... but it was a CPU. The Wario player probably hit Up (and forcefully) jumpbreaked. It's impossible to recreate unless Pikachu holds him over the edge.

Top Bottom