• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Combo List

Portanix

Smash Cadet
I really like Wario in this game and plan to main him.
I see a lot of combo potential in Wario, but I haven't figured them out all yet.
For example:
D-Throw into D-Air or Dash is possible, which can be followed up with aerials.

Which combos did you find?

warioismymain

Smash Cadet
I tend to do nair into fair, bair, or another nair. Another good combo is bike then jump as close as possible to when it hits them into fair or waft or nair. I don't think he has as many combos as u think but he does have some good mix ups and frame traps.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
The best I've been able to accomplish as far as combos is using the bike, then jumping off and using Dair as the bike hits them.
The ending lag makes this somewhat punishable, especially if the opponent just shields the barrage.

Henway

Smash Rookie
D-air to Up B works at low damage percent and racks a good amount of damage. Double F-air is always fun to pull off. I also noticed that your forward air throw does the most damage racking up 12%

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Fastfall late Nair to Wario Waft seems to work at KO percents (50-70%) on any character, whether you're using the half charged or fully charged version.

xzx

Smash Lord
Wario doesn't have many combos to begin with, but I assume Second hit of Nair -> Up-air is a classic.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Standard Bike Hit to Bike Wheelie is a nice combo that can be pulled off easily.

Also Dair to upsmash will always work if you land the first few hits of the Dair and then land without finishing it and then using the Usmash ASAP.

GuyLightning

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigZontheWii
Fastfall late Nair to Wario Waft seems to work at KO percents (50-70%) on any character, whether you're using the half charged or fully charged version.
Does it now...interesting.

Btw..how can you tell when he's half full? I know there is some time that it takes to fill up (Feeding time does reduce time) I'm not familiar with the time frame.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Most people I play like to have timed stock matches, so I can just watch until 55 seconds have past, which is when the waft first becomes a potent KO move.

It generally is only capable of KOing at the percents I mentioned if you're at a high percentage and the waft is almost fully charged. It's weaker then an uncharged forward smash if you use it at 55 second mark, but the power begins to ramp up rapidly from there (Which is why eating bike parts can be handy).

Dtilt x2 into Ftilt works.
Even though it's not registered as a combo in training mode, I've been able to get it connect often enough that I believe it's probably a frame trap.

Last edited:

GuyLightning

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigZontheWii
Hmm..so about a minute til use...will hafta take note.

Not 100% sure..but at lower percentages, dtilt-dtilt-nA-nA-air chase ( to nAir/ fAir/ Chomp)

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
Man I need these waft combos. Im tired of missing them. The best for me to hit them is when theyre in the air and I just jump next to them and waft.

Last edited:

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
I've mostly had to stick with trying to perfect shield -> Waft. I'll have to play around with that nair combo.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Speeding Bike into Wario Waft is the ultimate swag combo for Wario.

It requires some proper spacing, but does work at KO percents. If you jump off the bike as it's hitting your opponent, you should end up right next to them for the waft.

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Can someone elaborate on the late N-air to waft combo? I can't seem to get it in training, and practicing it sucks waiting for waft each time. How do you know when you successfully hit with late part of n-air?

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Can someone elaborate on the late N-air to waft combo? I can't seem to get it in training, and practicing it sucks waiting for waft each time. How do you know when you successfully hit with late part of n-air?
Late nair will do less damage and have a weaker sound. Also, eating items charges the Waft, so spawn a bunch of stuff instead of just waiting.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
i havent done much testing on it yet but i have done a little, if you up air an opponent who is standing on the ground it seems like you can get some guaranteed combos such as uptilt and nair, ive only tested it with my brother as ike so i still have to do a lot more but it would be nice if this turns out to be a true combo !

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Oh yeah, not sure how combo-y this is, but it's possible to hit both hits of nair if you're quick enough.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Late nair to half waft was working up to around 90% on Bowser in training mode.

I get the impression DI away from Wario would keep it from working, though, plus you need to be moving forward when the nair connects in order to be close enough to land the waft before your opponent can move. It's not practical overall, but fun when it does work.

NV3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-0604-5662
Fair to ftilt if they're falling from an above platform and you land before them

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Two combos that i believe are guarenteed would be late hit nair to up air ( at low percents), and then if you bite an oppenent and they release to the ground without teching it and your able to hit them with the tip of your dash attack (to retrip them) they are forced to stand up which gives you a free punish.

Last edited:

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Wario doesn't actually have many True Combos but he can chase people pretty well. What I like to do is Up Throw to UAir, (I think) at lower percents this is a true combo and at higher percents you can read the airdodge (bait them by doing a jump and do nothing out of it) and punish with a USmash/whatever else. I like it better than potential DThrow chases because UThrow does a nice 11% (DThrow does 7%) and has better potential follow-ups besides Dash Attack or FAir. Go for DThrow chases if people start reading your UThrow chases really well.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
What are your favorite followups to late-hit dash attacks? I haven't been able to get very many, but then I haven't tested much either.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
What are your favorite followups to late-hit dash attacks? I haven't been able to get very many, but then I haven't tested much either.
My favorite would be when its used in conjunction with bite like i said earlier. If you release someone from your mouth and they hit the ground without teching, you can hit them with a late hit dash attack and it seems to force them to stand up so you can follow up with anything you want, i typically do up throw and try to bait an airdodge then upair.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
How do you release from mouth without throwing? I always just mash the A button until it throws.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
its always going to throw them its just some characters get thrown at lower angles than others so they hit the ground pretty fast, most people will jump or try to tech the landing but if they dont you can do that follow up

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
A pretty good chase I use is bite> bike + wheelie KO. It's pretty reliable against fast fallers such as Fox. Also, I feel that taking full advantage of his bike (through unpunishable followups, etc,) is the best course of action. It's excellent for spacing and potential combos. If you make your bike slower, you can potentially hit your opponent twice, which allows Wario to waft at their face if it's done properly.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
If you make your bike slower, you can potentially hit your opponent twice, which allows Wario to waft at their face if it's done properly.
During the turnaround, I've gotten up to four hits in a row, although I don't think you can get off until a good while after you've changed direction, and it only does a total of like 8% or something stupid low like that.
I think throwing the bike could allow some good trapping combos, if you get a good throw that bounces off them in the right way.

On a slightly separate note, I think it would be really interesting to see all the animation data for the bike, like what hitboxes it has where at different speeds and during wheelies & turnarounds, and at which frames you can actually jump off the damn thing. Unless there's already something like that that I'm missing.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I was playing a little in training mode today, kinda tried to get followups to the tripping caused by dash attacks.

Apparantly you can side tilt and SIDE SMASH after tripping the opponent up with your dash attack as a true combo if the enemy gets up naturally or, in some cases, with a getup attack!

"Edit: So apparently you can combo into pretty much anything after the trip. Usmash and Dsmash depending on where they land, Bair, fair, dair, DA, grab, Bike turn and even waft.

The hard thing here is to react quick enough to where the enemy lands, which depends on when you hit them with the DA. for Side Smash to connect, you need to hit them rather late for them to be in reach behind you. if they are a bit more away from you, run up and Usmash or ftilt. if they fly even farther, another DA will almost always connect but wont cause new tripping. Still, being able to combo into a powerful side smash like Wario's is pretty devastating!"

I tested this with :4falco: as my opponent, further tests will be initiated shortly. If this turns out to be legit for all characters, get hyped!

Edit:

New results are in! Works fantastically with:
:4bowser::4dedede::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4sheik::4mario::4diddy:
havn't tried anyone else, yet. but i think this covers all the weight classes nicely

there are some slight differences with the timing here and there, though.

:4bowser: especially is an oddball, because the DA trip does almost never send him behind Wario. He'll always be right in front of him, which is quite favorable for a Side smash or waft to the face!

:4dedede:'s trip animation is rather weird so it takes some practice to combo with him.

:4jigglypuff: as a light character is surprisingly easy to combo

:4diddy: even works on gods (jk)

hope this helps the Wario community out a little ;-)

Note that rollers will have to be treated differently. If they roll away from you, tough luck. if they roll at you, dsmash and waft are your friends!

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It's not a true combo if it relies on you getting a read on how they react to the trip. It should also be noted that level 9 training mode AI doesn't stand up as quickly as possible after a trip, and that any attacks connect with them while they're on the ground will be counted as a combo even if they had a chance to get up or roll.

That said, if you connect with the very end of a dash attack, you can get a true combo into a bite, grab, jab, up B, or half charged Wario Waft, as the attack will connect before they can even finish their tripping animation. I tested using a second controller and at 1/4 speed to ensure that the victim was acting as soon as possible.

However, it doesn't work on some characters due to their traction, weight, and/or some other factor causing them to land too far away from Wario, even if you hit with the dash attack as late as possible.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
ah crud, thought I had found something awesome. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Top Bottom