• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Deadbananas - Solid Town
LaserGuy - Town Lean
Bessie - Town Lean
Swiss - Null-Town

Somitomi - Null
HeuryAlone - Null-Scum
Sabrar - Scumlean
Tattertot - Scum

Swiss - Swisse's #11 and #62 show that Swiss was willing to wait before jumping into content himself. I have this as a - for him since he has a concern with my slot for waiting when by the time he got in, I had more content then him. Another concern I have with him is that in his #68, he has Tattertot as town, but no note on him at all. He then uses Tattertot's #84 as his reasoning for Tattertot town. Overall good content, good pushes, good on re-evaluation. I think he is simply on the wrong foot with his reads. I think he is smart enough to have a reason for Tattertot Town before his #84, and I'm still waiting on that answer. Strong player, and one I feel would be valuable to town if town. Null-Town.

Bessie - I take her #42's tone as townie. Compared to that of her play in Sumting Sumting Mafia. I also lean town for her #102, especially the wording 'surprisingly don't have any strong scumleans yet'. I don't think scum would think to say that. Want to see more content from her to have a better read.

HeuryAlone - HA was present during early game, yet has fallen off hard now. Only real content he has given is his #61, which is agreeing to Tattertot being scum. Null-scum.

Deadbananas - DB Has been pro-active and constantly churning out reads. Not only that, but when questioned on it, he has good rationale, and what impresses me is his #109. He is dissapointed on not being on top of things fast enough, I was just mobile and asked as soon as possible. Shows more of being excited as town. Finally, he has a good point on Tattertot that I had not even connected in my brain, which I'll go over in my Tot read. Since last playing with him, this is quite an improvement and I even like that he is trying to not be as aggressive towards Tot. Solid town.

Sabrar - This is a typical entrance for Sabrar. A - for him as well as he hasn't actually been scumhunting as much until Swiss coming in. His #79 is what I'd expect of Sabrar-Town, full with ego. Yet, he isn't pushing it as hard as I'd expect him to, there is a lack of confidence to it. I also think his #113 is a cop out with 'I think it's too early to have reads' especially when he hasn't really been doing much with his questioning. He's questioned Tot but no read on him. I also think his reasoning for scumleaning me is a stretch. Swiss stance on me (null) is more understandable, as waiting doesn't help others read my slot. Yet scumleaning me for it, when he knows I'll be able to deliver, is weak. Originally was going to town-lean him, but through writing this and reading through, I've convinced myself he is a scumlean.

LaserGuy - Originally had his #12 as a town ping as it was the first to be semi-serious, yet however I did not like that he used POE as reasoning, since there isn't a reason to use POE that early. I wanted to let Laser's play, play out before asking about it, but what concerned me again was his #48. It seemed pre-mature, and didn't seem to be asked with a town mindset in mind. (Seemed to be more interested in pointing out my difference in play rather than letting it accomplish anything I might have been doing) However, his answer to this in his #85, is a very good answer. Doing it for thread development is townsided. I also like the point he gives out on Tot. For now, Laser is a Town Lean. I think he needs to go over his reads as already asked.

Somitomi - Null. Should be replaced by this point. Think I can read him if he does step in.

Tattertot - He shows a certain stiffness, and only starts to give content more freely once pushed. Notice in his #34, he doesn't actually answer the question about 'what he knows about Forum Mafia'. DB Makes a great point, that I had not even thought of, is that he didn't react to my vote on him, while having no experience in forum mafia. On why I voted for him, I like to vote new players for such reactions with my RVS vote, since I don't find any other good reason for RVS votes. To me, this means he's been coached. I also don't find him to be comfortable enough to use a cat avatar when there was some players that were considering cats as scum. To base this solely on DB's comment, shows a bit of nuance I would not expect a newb town to consider. Therefore, more coaching, and newbie mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TOWN [Deadbananas > LaserGuy > Bessie > Swiss | Somitomi | HeuryAlone > Sabrar > Tattertot] SCUM

Unvote; Vote: Sabrar

Swiss

Smash Lord
I do want a fight and my evaluation was correct in that you never used my answers.
Why do you want a fight? o you think a 'fight' will help you read me, or do you just like derailing the day phase?

I was never hung up on it, I asked you to explain and you failed to do so in a satisfactory manner.
Opinion so skipping

Again you misrepresent me. I haven't dodged your point, your point has no basis to stand on. I didn't say anything like 'I always X as scum', I talked about other players' perception of me.
skipping this also as unproductive and wilfully wrong

You continue to skip questions posed to you in #94. Specifically, why did you say in #88 that I didn't provide any answers?
Answered it so skipping this

Not a clue why you're so obsessed with me. What are your other reads? What even is your read on me? Will you vote Huery Alone?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ive been ask who I suspect and my reasoning and Ive put some thought into it as Ive watched the thread. ranmaru ranmaru has been pressuring me with questions since the begin. Maybe its me being new or maybe its them using me as being new to draw the attention away from them. Also I chose my new profile pic last night after the discussion of cats and dogs and was hoping people would read that as me saying I am town but I think it was missed. I didnt respond immediately to his vote on me either because its day one and things are still getting going. Though only knowing one person on this thread makes it harder for me to get a read just yet but Ill get there.
ranmaru ranmaru

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks, that actually makes me feel better about you. Still think it's wrong, he is certainly scum. Answer to that is coaching.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think newb town would think that far by themselves. I do think you would, but I think others in this playerlist would as well. Even so, I think you are giving him a pass for that alone and I think you should be looking at the rest of his content and his play. I think it is a mistake for how you are reading him.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If Tatertot thought he would look town by doing that pic, and openly admitted it he wanted to look town, as a new player, do you seriously think he is scum?
The below quotes gave me a strong impression that Tattertot was only new to the online form of Mafia, not the game in general. Do you disagree?

I have no online game experience.
I didnt respond immediately to his vote on me either because its day one and things are still getting going.
I like to be on and observe a bit before just picking someone as mafia.

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam Wam Please prod and / or replace somitomi somitomi .
Somitomi has been prodded a 2nd time and has <24 hours to post or they will be replaced.

I have updated rule 11 to be clearer.

Vote count

Tattertot - 1 - deadbananas
Swiss - 2 - Sabrar, laserguy
Huery alone- 1 - Swiss
Sabrar - 1 - ranmaru

Not voting
Bessie
Somitomi
Heury Alone
tattertot

Last edited:

Swiss

Smash Lord
I don't think newb town would think that far by themselves. I do think you would, but I think others in this playerlist would as well. Even so, I think you are giving him a pass for that alone and I think you should be looking at the rest of his content and his play. I think it is a mistake for how you are reading him.
I dislike his jumping softly on sabrar with me but that’s the only thing I dislike

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: I want to know your read on Tot. Updated reads on the whole cast as well please.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I told you, I don't have well-developed reads so early, I'm always suspicious when people claim to have solved the game with 3 pages of content. I'm going to give you reads on my own time, thank you very much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At the very least your #132 seems to give the impression that you do have an opinion on Tot. You can give it after Swiss responds.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I never claimed to have solved the game, I will give you that space. Yet at this time, don't have a good impression of you.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I also don't find him to be comfortable enough to use a cat avatar when there was some players that were considering cats as scum.
What the bloody hell is this read? Walk me through how people are giving the cat vs dog fight any serious thought.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think avatar consideration is more serious than you would want to give it credit. Especially when mafia cares about their own image.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why do you want a fight? o you think a 'fight' will help you read me, or do you just like derailing the day phase?
1-on-1 fights do not necessarily derail the thread, they can be very helpful for others to get a read on the participants.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Just want to throw out there that up until this point I have not received any coaching. I have been offered help and guidance if I felt I need it but haven't felt I need it yet if ever. Mafia is mafia. Online or not it very alike. ranmaru ranmaru mentioned HeuryAlone HeuryAlone dropping in activity recently reminding me that he mentioned he doesn't try if he is mafia. Just a thought to consider. Also don't know why Swiss is upset I agree with his Sabrar thoughts.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
I only said that because it was day one and not everyone had even posted yet. You came out the gate searching for someone to target and it happened to be me so of course I didn't like it. Now its day 3 so I don't mind you trying so hard though it is still a game amd people should be able to post their thoughts when they are ready.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was actually the second day. Would you say I am the only person trying hard? What is wrong with that?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I liked him not for his Bessie read iirc, but for his other content. I'll have to re-read and check if it actually matters
I've come around on Laserguy since then, still interested in what else you saw so I can get a better read on you.
tatterrot admitted they made a cat profile because they wanted to crumb that they’re town

this is their first game right?

tell me how anyone here can scum read that
This is some points in favor of Tattertot for me as well. Ran mentioned the possibility of coaching, but I disagree with that. It just seems like such an odd thing for a coach to tell them to do. Especially since there's other points against Tatter that I think a coach would be able to help with more that I haven't seen evidence of. Like I think a coach would have given him some advice about how to handle Ran's votes, and looked over some of his replies more if he had someone coaching him. It'd be very odd imo to single out the profile as the thing to be coached on.

#99 Bessie raises good point, when did cats become town?
I wouldn't expect a dog to understand.

Also don't know why Swiss is upset I agree with his Sabrar thoughts.
I also have a off feeling about Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar Sabrar but no good reason yet so just looking for one.
Why do you say you are looking for a reason why you are suspicious of sabrar earlier, but now say you agree with Swiss's thoughts on Sabrar? If you agreed with a newer of Swiss's points on Sabrar, could you point that one out to me?

Oof, I completely blanked on this after Sunday because of new job stuff, sorry everyone. I'll read the backlog in the evening.
Welcome, looking forward to it!

Tattertot is giving me a bit of a hard time. His posts give me an innocent new confused town vibe that seem honest, but almost every post brings up something that pings scummy or odd to me. I'm going to shelve him as a scumlean for now and try to give him some time to work on his own and see what comes of that.

My next prime suspect is Heury, so in hopes he comes I'm going to

Vote Heury

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I told you, I don't have well-developed reads so early, I'm always suspicious when people claim to have solved the game with 3 pages of content. I'm going to give you reads on my own time, thank you very much.
I'm tempted to give Sabrar town points for being uncooperative here. I feel like scum would try to be a bit more appeasing.
bessie bessie is this typical behavior for Sabrar in either alignment to be not overly cooperative?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Also, not sure how active I will able to be today. My school is under a severe storm alert, so I may lose power.

Top Bottom