• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wam's Chaos Game Thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swiss Swiss I'm also curious what posts lead you to Tattertot town when you have no notes on him. (Besides you saying he's inactive from my push)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I seem to recall you found me very frustrating at the time. My feeling on my play that game (and similarly with Chaco in TIL) was that I expended too much effort pursuing you, when there were very good reasons to be focusing my attention on other areas that would have ended up being more productive (particularly bessie and Sabrar who I had lingering suspicions of but never really resolved anything before I was NKed).
I think you forget that it's also partly my fault for miscommunicating. You did the right thing in re-evaluating. I think your question here was pre-mature though. In Sumthing Sumthing, you hadn't questioned me until I made a reads post. If you are pre-mature, it's possible you may trump any scumhunting I'd be doing. That is why I was wondering why you wanted to know my approach, especially since we were waiting for content from others. I am wondering if you have thought of that. I'm also curious on your scumreads and current thoughts.

Tattertot

Smash Cadet
Vote: Swiss

I'm okay to thunderdome with Swiss. They are actually not interested in any answer I would provide (a player who they have no experience with), they just declare me to be scum and are done with it.

Explain why.

Because you're the British Ryker and I had a bad experience with them.

It's not at all about how I play, it's about how people read me. Why not ask them to confirm this?

There were 2 possibilities:
1. If Tattertot changed their avatar then I wanted to know why they chose specifically a cat after DB's comment.
2. If they had that avatar from the start I wanted to know why DB didn't mention them in #6.
I didn't have an avatar at all when the game first started. It wasn't letting me choose a file and wouldn't load anything until after DBs comment. I chose cat because #1 its freaking cute. I mean my cat looks like Professor Mcgonagall and #2 they said town was cats so I made mine a cat. Its seems though some didn't catch that or took it the wrong way.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I think you forget that it's also partly my fault for miscommunicating. You did the right thing in re-evaluating. I think your question here was pre-mature though. In Sumthing Sumthing, you hadn't questioned me until I made a reads post. If you are pre-mature, it's possible you may trump any scumhunting I'd be doing. That is why I was wondering why you wanted to know my approach, especially since we were waiting for content from others. I am wondering if you have thought of that. I'm also curious on your scumreads and current thoughts.
I did consider that asking directly could interfere with something you were doing, but I felt that it was more useful to provoke you, both to try to generate some momentum in the thread, and to get a better sense of where you were at since you were one of the few active players that I didn't yet have a read on. You are also not, in my experience, the type of player who does strange things on purpose to see how people react so I felt on pretty safe ground, and if it was really a thing, you always could have brushed me off. I'm sorry if you feel I did interfere with something, but, to be honest, I'm pretty happy with how the thread has developed as a result.

Unvote

At this point, my PoE is exactly Swiss, Tattertot, and somitomi. Everyone else I have some reason to believe that they're Town. Including you, now, apparently.

Tattertot has some weirdness in their posting that I'm having difficulty parsing. This line in particular stands out as very unnatural to me though, especially right after Swiss started his push on Sabrar:
I also have a off feeling about Sabrar but no good reason yet so just looking for one.
Tattertot and Sabrar hadn't really interacted at all at this point beyond Sabrar asking about Tattertot's avatar, so it's weird that this comes up out of the blue without really anything to justify it... especially as he's just finished saying that he doesn't like to make snap judgments on people.

I've got a few minor pings out of Swiss' content that have bothered me, but mostly it's just that I'm more comfortable with everyone else right now. I will go more into Swiss sometime a bit later, but I want to see how things develop first.

Swiss

Smash Lord
So there’s votes on me but no one making a case. If we’re going to do empty pressure we’ll never win this game.

Laserguy make a proper case and exert some pressure on me. Pointless what you’re doing now.

Swiss

Smash Lord
tatterrot admitted they made a cat profile because they wanted to crumb that they’re town

this is their first game right?

tell me how anyone here can scum read that

Swiss

Smash Lord

I'm okay to thunderdome with Swiss. They are actually not interested in any answer I would provide (a player who they have no experience with), they just declare me to be scum...
But...but you haven’t provided any answers yet.

Utterly bizarre mindset. Very keen to character assassinate

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Also what does not make sense? Can you stop being cryptic and explain yourself in a clear fashion? Why did you dislike #18? Why are you calling my mindset 'utterly bizarre'? Why have you acted originally as if I didn't provide any answers?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
And is that your true playstyle? To decline engaging your main scum-read?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoever has played this Sabar before - is this his usual play style? After this many games this is his real play style?
Yes, he is me 2.0. Why am I now a Townlean, what changed?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Been awhile since I've seen you play Town. It's very refreshing.
What do you mean?? I always play town.

Sorry I rolled town and as such forgot about the game.
1615940974999.png

Also I chose my new profile pic last night after the discussion of cats and dogs and was hoping people would read that as me saying I am town but I think it was missed.
Since when did we decide cats were town??

First and foremost, do I know anyone here other than Ranmaru?
Most of the players (and the mod) in this game are from the now closed xkcd forum. Marshy and others had been playing on our site occasionally, and Marshy even hosted a cross site game. When our forum disappeared, the wonderful Dgamers invited us to play here.

Just realised my profile picture has my dog in it. I wanted it to be a picture of my door but she must have gotten in the way.
How interesting that your dog managed to get in the picture, sit calmly, and pose just right so that you didn’t even need to crop the photo for her to appear front and center and looking very cute, especially since your door is in the top right corner and would have only been in 25% of the total picture. I have a Labrador, and my experience has been that to even get a photo that is not a blur takes at least two dozen tries.

I didn't have an avatar at all when the game first started. It wasn't letting me choose a file and wouldn't load anything until after DBs comment. I chose cat because #1 its freaking cute. I mean my cat looks like Professor Mcgonagall and #2 they said town was cats so I made mine a cat. Its seems though some didn't catch that or took it the wrong way.
Freaking cute but still cat so suspect woof. Grr.

Whoever has played this Sabar before - is this his usual play style? After this many games this is his real play style?
To combine this response with an earlier question about his experience, Sabrar is a very experienced player. He’s like an uptight Ran, perhaps a bit more restrained in this game thus far than usual. What exactly pings you regarding Sabrar’s playstyle?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello Bessie. Good to have you here. Any current thoughts on players / myself?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Hello Bessie. Good to have you here. Any current thoughts on players / myself?
I rarely have early town leans, but if I were to pick I would say Laserguy is currently a town lean, and maybe Deadbananas. I surprisingly do not have any strong scum leans yet but will think about it tonight.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Seems like Sabrar and Swiss are feuding... not really sure what to make of it right now as it's been more quippy than content based, hard to get reads from that. I'll just wait and see if anything more substantial comes of that. Focus was on Heury/tattertot/Laser. Tattertot's posts where they explain themselves did leave me feeling a bit better about the slot as a whole but also raised some questions I still want to see answered from them before I move my vote unless something else comes up. Heury dropped a take I thought seemed scummy and has disappeared so I'll wait and see there.

I've liked Laser's recent posts more. Specifically #85 I thought he presented himself logically and didn't feel scummy. Since my main concern with laser guy was pretty small and hasn't gone anywhere I'm fine moving him up. So that updates my list as:

Town
Ranmaru
Bessie
Laserguy

Swiss
Sabrar
Somitomi - True Neutral
Heury
Tattertot
Scum

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Alternative Reads List

Town
Heury
Tattertot

????
Ranmuru
Somitomi
Laserguy

Scum
Sabrar
Bessie
Swiss

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar Sabrar Curious on your reads on Heury, Laser, and Myself.

Deadbananas Deadbananas Can you go into the rationale for your alternate list? You had Swiss as top town, I want to know your reasoning for that, and why Swiss dropped down for you. I am also curious about your alternate scum reads.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Deadbananas Deadbananas Can you go into the rationale for your alternate list? You had Swiss as top town, I want to know your reasoning for that, and why Swiss dropped down for you. I am also curious about your alternate scum reads.
Town
Heury - cat
Tattertot - cat

????
Ranmuru - human
Somitomi - human
Laserguy - reptile thing

Scum
Sabrar - dog
Bessie - dog
Swiss - dog

Sorry, should have made clearer this list was a joke

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is fine. Is Swiss technically looking worse for you reads wise or is it that others seemed better to you that you moved them above Swiss? Can you go into why you had Swiss as top town originally.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Swiss was my top town on my last page list though if the first part was asking about that. The towns on that list were pretty interchangeable an not too solid. For my this page serious list I felt The top 3 town had done more to rise up a bit. Laserguy could probably be in down a space from Ran but still a space above Swiss but eh. I lowered Swiss and Sabrar because I'm interested in seeing what comes out of their fight so far. But right now neither of their points in their fights have really impressed me much. I get the impression they are talking past each other, I'm just not sure what alignment connotation that has.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
To go into a bit more detail about why Swiss was top before. I'm a sucker for recap kinda posts especially ones that also assert opinions. Swiss's post developed the thread and brought more conflict and interaction which is a good thing so I put that higher for there. I was hoping to see more of that style of post.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LaserGuy LaserGuy Since you are using POE for your reads, I am interested in the reasoning for your townreads, especially Heury. You can do so around the time you go into your Swiss read. I will give reads after that and when Sabrar v Swiss progresses.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
What do you mean?? I always play town.
Unless I'm forgetting a game, I don't think I've seen you as Town since I came here, except when you were Synchronicity which I don't feel really counts.

LaserGuy LaserGuy Since you are using POE for your reads, I am interested in the reasoning for your townreads, especially Heury. You can do so around the time you go into your Swiss read. I will give reads after that and when Sabrar v Swiss progresses.
That's fine. I expect I will have some better-formed scum reads sooner or later. This game has been a bit of a slower starter and it's been easier to find Towntells so that's what I've been focusing on.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar Curious on your reads on Heury, Laser, and Myself.
Generally speaking it is too early to have reads.
I found Heury's entrance casual, not burdened with anxiety about having to blend in. Townlean for now.
Got no pings from LaserGuy so far but he's a strong player so that doesn't mean a thing.
I have a slight scumlean on you because you are asking a lot of questions without apparently using the answers.

Swiss

Smash Lord
1) Laserguy town
2) Bessie town
3) Sabrar scum
4) Somitomi who
5) Heury Alone eh
6) Ranmaru eh
7) tattertot town
8) Deadbananas town
9) Swiss werewolf

#71 Tattertor don't forget I want more on this

#72 DB still town

#73 Deadbananas Deadbananas I liked him not for his Bessie read iirc, but for his other content. I'll have to re-read and check if it actually matters

Sworddancer maybe? Sabrar is me 2.0.
So I shouldn't worry then

Townread Ran for saying he's better, a scum would play dumber

"Swiss, what's the point to this? I think you know that I'd push anyone regardless of skill. So I'd like for you to elaborate on this."
It was a weird push, too easy. Too 'waggony'

#78 egh

#79 - you'll need to read both posts in context here if you want to follow

Ok here we go, the good stuff

"I'm okay to thunderdome with Swiss. "
Puffing out chest, thunderdome implies it'll be a big fight. Very unnecessary. Inflated ego.

"They are actually not interested in any answer I would provide "
To say this, before you provide an answer, baffles me. It's like you want a fight. At least see what I do with the he content first, no? Very abrasive.

"they just declare me to be scum and are done with it."
Taking the scum read much harder then I would have expected,

Disliked the tone of #18 and Sabrar is real hung up on it.

Again, I taught Ryker how to play. He's the padawan.

" It's not at all about how I play, it's about how people read me. Why not ask them to confirm this? "
Do you or do yuo not disagree with my point? You just dodge it.
If I'm scum and I say 'Oh I always X as scum' , while not doing X - it helps me.

end is fine

#80 Laserguy stick by reads even when I imply they're stupid, I like

"I've played around 20 games with him. He knows what he's doing."
Half true

#81 I cover this later

#84 Tattertor town

#85 " t this point, my PoE is exactly Swiss, Tattertot, and somitomi. Everyone else I have some reason to believe that they're Town. Including you, now, apparently. " more on the town reads please. Quick why on each.

And what 'pings' - content please bud

#86 Mindmeld with me

#87 does anyone respond to this

#89 Ran went townlean because of post covered above

#99 Bessie raises good point, when did cats become town?

#110 DB you get one each irl morning as I catch up, then comments through the day. This is my morning

#111 Ran man. Waiting to see what progresses but not actually doing much

#113 Is it too early to have reads? But good point on Ran. You're starting to engage that rusty 'ol noggin.

Anyway recap

1) Laserguy town
2) Bessie town
3) Sabrar scumlean maybe town dont much mind
4) Somitomi who
5) Heury Alone scumlean
6) Ranmaru eh
7) tattertot town
8) Deadbananas town
9) Swiss werewolf

Sabrar seems to be Peacocking so we can let him off this for now. Feels like that guy in the pub who's ready for a fight when you tap him then you ask him for the time and he's like "Oh" and deflates. Made me reconsider Ran so + on that

I'll lynch Heury Alone or Somitomi.

Unvote Vote: Heury Alone

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good morning Swiss. Weak push does not mean they are not scum for it. I think waiting is also fine if I want to make sure my reads are accurate, one of the things I have been working on in my gameplay. I will have a reads list today. I think your reason for him being town is weak.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Puffing out chest, thunderdome implies it'll be a big fight. Very unnecessary. Inflated ego.
Incorrect, thunderdome was simply used as an abbreviation to indicate a 1-on-1 fight. No hidden meaning.

To say this, before you provide an answer, baffles me. It's like you want a fight. At least see what I do with the he content first, no? Very abrasive.
I do want a fight and my evaluation was correct in that you never used my answers.

Disliked the tone of #18 and Sabrar is real hung up on it.
I was never hung up on it, I asked you to explain and you failed to do so in a satisfactory manner.

" It's not at all about how I play, it's about how people read me. Why not ask them to confirm this? "
Do you or do yuo not disagree with my point? You just dodge it.
If I'm scum and I say 'Oh I always X as scum' , while not doing X - it helps me.
Again you misrepresent me. I haven't dodged your point, your point has no basis to stand on. I didn't say anything like 'I always X as scum', I talked about other players' perception of me.

You continue to skip questions posed to you in #94. Specifically, why did you say in #88 that I didn't provide any answers?

#99 Bessie raises good point, when did cats become town?
You assumed this to be the case here:
tatterrot admitted they made a cat profile because they wanted to crumb that they’re town

this is their first game right?

tell me how anyone here can scum read that
So why did you decide that cats were town?

Top Bottom