• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No, seriously... there are people that like Waluigi? Are they the same people that thought Ashley should be playable?
Yes, because god forbid people support a witch who would use primarily magic to fight and a character who would primarily uses sports to fight.

God knows we have both of those already in the roster.

And before you say Zelda. Get out. Ashley's magic would've been wholely unique and completely different from Zelda's brand of magic.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
No, seriously... there are people that like Waluigi? Are they the same people that thought Ashley should be playable?
I'm 1 of them, and Ashely would make a fine playable rep for Wario, but I see Mona getting that nod over her (she's a lil bit more important in the Wario series than Ashely is).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Waluigi needs a role in a real Mario or Wario series game before he can be playable in SSB. A role for him outside Mario spin-offs is long overdue, he could easily be a playable character in a New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario 3D game, or a villain in a Luigi's Mansion game, or a partner in crime in a Wario game etc. Even a minor role in an RPG or other main series game would be fantastic. Waluigi is a character with a lot of untapped potential, he's one of the most unique characters in the series and absolutely oozes personality. Why Nintendo have shackled him to the spin-offs all these years, refusing to let him anywhere near anything else is pretty bizarre in my opinion, even Toadette, an extremely generic character (just a female Toad) who was only made for the sake of Toad having a partner in Double Dash (yes I know the reasons for Waluigi's creation were similar) got a role in an RPG game and a cameo in Galaxy. C'mon, do something with Waluigi, Nintendo.
Umm.... if this didn't work in Toad's favor... what makes you think that it would work in Waluigi's favor? :(

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm 1 of them, and Ashely would make a fine playable rep for Wario, but I see Mona getting that nod over her (she's a lil bit more important in the Wario series than Ashely is).
I say this with Rosalina as one of my top 5 favorite Mario characters (Luigi, Bowser, Toad, Peach, and Rosalina being those five.) and ecstatic about her playable inclusion?

Did that stop Rosalina from getting in over Toad and Bowser Jr? Who both play more crucial roles in the Mario franchise than her? No, it did not.

In the end Sakurai might think Ashley would have more to offer than Mona, but that has nothing to do with Waluigi now does it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I say this with Rosalina as one of my top 5 favorite Mario characters (Luigi, Bowser, Toad, Peach, and Rosalina being those five.) and ecstatic about her playable inclusion?

Did that stop Rosalina from getting in over Toad and Bowser Jr? Who both play more crucial roles in the Mario franchise than her? No, it did not.

In the end Sakurai might think Ashley would have more to offer than Mona, but that has nothing to do with Waluigi now does it.
Usually importance to a franchise as whole is what gets most characters in, but lately we've been getting the more popular 1s that are being requested by the fans (Rosalina was important to the Mario Galaxy games and to a lesser extent Super Mario 3D World, before joining Smash).

And yes Ashley does have a lot more to offer than Mona does, but Mona would win out in the end, since she is Wario's primary love interest.

Anyways back to Waluigi chat.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I've never understood why this character had such a hate base. Waluigi's silly antics in Mario spin-offs always puts a smile on my face.

I know I abandoned the Mario series altogether, but WAAA was always my most wanted Mario character. His brand of air-swimming and yelling just can't be duplicated.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I've never understood why this character had such a hate base. Waluigi's silly antics in Mario spin-offs always puts a smile on my face.

I know I abandoned the Mario series altogether, but WAAA was always my most wanted Mario character. His brand of air-swimming and yelling just can't be duplicated.
100% agree with you on that, it's a shame Waluigi has a huge hate base (Silver from the Sonic series has the same issues as Waluigi, only because he was introduced in the worst Sonic game ever made. Note: using Silver as an example), Waluigi has so much potential as a character, but Nintendo never uses him other than just spinoff bait, the same can be said of Daisy and she was in a main Mario game (eventually that 1 lone main game appearance from Daisy eventually spawned the Wario series).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't understand why some people think Waluigi could rep Wario, he doesn't even get a passing mention in any of the land/world/ware games.
Not everyone can SWIM IN THE AIR SON
or even CREATE A WALL OF VINES TO MAKE A PUN OF HIS NAME
the dude also has CRAZY DANCE SKILLS

Besides nobody screams
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH like Waluigi.

The dude's got personality, which is why people love him so much. I don't want him for his actions, I want him for who he is.
So even the spin off devs struggled to find something for him? I recall him being associated with eggplant for seemingly no reason, is he just getting these generic left over ideas?

Wario screams Wa in a deeper voice and did it first.

He's funny but he's not a Mario all-star much less a Nintendo one or a video game one.

Smady

Smash Master
Waluigi has been popular since his inception. It's a recent phenomenon that he isn't liked by some fans. Although most of that seems to me, simply to be hedging bets on who's likely by using the wisdom that Waluigi hasn't been used at all by Nintendo outside spin-offs, so he couldn't possibly appear in Smash Bros. It's rare to see resentment toward the character, mostly it's resentment toward his fans because "how could you still like a character Nintendo doesn't?"

To be honest, Waluigi isn't in bad company in the back with F-Zero, Advance Wars and other licenses or characters Nintendo has never utilized. If you don't understand why such an unused but fun character would have fans, and why they'd want him in Smash Bros, I think you've missed the boat on why Smash Bros is so popular to begin with.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Personally, I can't say I wanted Waluigi. Even still, I'm sorry to all you supporters of him. I know how it feels to get a character you wanted deconfirmed. There's always next Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry for all of you

Atleast wario will still has a enormous chances

(And as for some of the other character threads of highly requested characters negative people are taking advantage of the quote especially for ridley)

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it was inevitable but it still hurts since he's one of my favorite nintendo characters... :crying:
(Somehow my disaste for rosalina is growing with this announcement...)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, Waluigi tried so hard... but he cannot escape his terrible fate.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I expected this when Rosalina was confirmed. I wouldn't have minded Waluigi though. I always wanted to have Mario Vs. Luigi Vs. Wario Vs. Waluigi.

Aww well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All you have to do is go backwards on the last stage...
All Waluigi had to do dance to the sounds of Saria's Song if he was to get out of the Lost Woods...

...unfortunately for Waluigi, when he found Saria and saw that she was a trophy... poor Waluigi realized he cannot escape his terrible fate.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But Waluigi did dance!

Yes... he danced right into the trap... and now he cannot get out of the Lost Woods... soon, he will become a Skull Kid... just like what happened to Ashley, Starfy, Mother Brain, and French Bulldog...

Smady

Smash Master
To be honest, I wasn't even surprised, as Waluigi has always been on the outside. He's one of those characters you hoped Sakurai had an affinity for or liked the cut of his jib enough to give him a slot, perfectly understandable why he would not. I'm disappointed, but nothing to be butthurt over.

Smady

Smash Master
I thought the way he said it was probably meant to be endearing and the exact meaning was lost in translation. Sakurai is a very respectful person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom