• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall Jumping

DaThings

Smash Rookie
What are you guys' opinions about the wall jumping tactic that characters such as Mario and Toon Link have. When can you really even use it and was it worth putting in the game at all?

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I think it is very useful in MELEE. It adds tactics to ledge guarding such as a mind game. I don't know about Brawl though.

Pengie

Smash Lord
What are you guys' opinions about the wall jumping tactic that characters such as Mario and Toon Link have. When can you really even use it and was it worth putting in the game at all?
I know not of this Toon Link of which you speak.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
OH! I am terribly sorry. I meant to place this thread in the Brawl discussion section. If you guys wish to continue chat about this in Melee, that's fine, but in all reality this is a Brawl thing. sorry.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
*facepalm*

you guys must be joking right...?

well just in case, he appeared in original Legend of Zelda as well as Majora's Mask.

as for wall jumping I can only say it's useful for ledge guarding. (in melee that is)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Although only certain characters can walljump. The only ones I'm sure of atm are Fox, Falco, Falcon, and Mario. Yes, wall jumping does give you invicibility frames. Like to walljump>shinespike an unsuspecting foe. :)

LittleOne

Smash Cadet
Its a good way to get back onto the stage, like if you are extremely low in yoshi's story. Also you can do the walljump>knee or shine spike. It really depends on the character you use.

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
OH! I am terribly sorry. I meant to place this thread in the Brawl discussion section. If you guys wish to continue chat about this in Melee, that's fine, but in all reality this is a Brawl thing. sorry.
read the god**** thread people he said he misposted lol

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Mario
Fox
Falco
Samus
CF
Shiek
Young Link

Those are the ones that can walljump...

Though I'm sure that everyone can wall tech jump, am I right?

Top Bottom