• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall Clinging - An in-depth look at this new exclusive tech (also: Wall Jumping)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luigi has a unique Wall cling out of his Green Missile (his head gets stuck in the wall if he hits it).

Meaning Lucario might not have a natural Wall Cling like Sheik and Squirtle, if he only does it out of his Extremespeed.
He has it naturally as well.

And I don't know who told you that about Luigi but I just tested it. No wall cling with Luigi Missile.

The list is now complete. All 39 characters (incl. transformations and all Pokémon) have been tested.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I saw it in a Corneria video, Luigi got stuck to back fin of the Great Fox for a moment after a close range fire of GM.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw it in a Corneria video, Luigi got stuck to back fin of the Great Fox for a moment after a close range fire of GM.
Just tested it. It's really bizarre.

The Luigi Missile needs to be fully charged, it has to be from a certain range so that he gets stuck at a certain part of the animation (I kept failing when I was too close to begin with) and it's not an actual wall cling as he can't "wall jump" off it. However, he'll be able to 2nd jump/Up B right away from when his head becomes unstuck, not suffering any lag from the Missile.

It's way unreliable, however. I'll edit the first post to reflect this.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
he'll be able to 2nd jump/Up B right away from when his head becomes unstuck, not suffering any lag from the Missile.
If he's already used his second jump prior to getting stuck, does he gain an extra (third) jump after he pulls out? I coulda swore I saw a vid of this. Can someone test?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he's already used his second jump prior to getting stuck, does he gain an extra (third) jump after he pulls out? I coulda swore I saw a vid of this. Can someone test?
No, he does not. New info BTW. I'm editing the 1st post.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Hmm it seems you can walljump just by holding X. Should make things a bit easier :bee:

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
Wall cling exclusive tech. for too few characters? Well crawling and gliding are exclusive to very few characters too. These add more differences between characters with wall jumping, tether recoveries and such. Happy with these.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
you may have already clarified this but, in the initial post you say down the bottom that only lucario and sheik can do both, but when you go down the characters listed you have diddy as being able to do both. so i guess i'm saying... which is it? is diddy in the elite group of broken characters?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
you may have already clarified this but, in the initial post you say down the bottom that only lucario and sheik can do both, but when you go down the characters listed you have diddy as being able to do both. so i guess i'm saying... which is it? is diddy in the elite group of broken characters?
Diddy is among the elite 3. *edited*

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that Donkey Kong can't wall hop, and Pikachu can? I remember reading on Brawl Central that Donkey Kong can now wall hop, but Pikachu still can't. Here's the link to the page:

http://brawlcentral.com/news.php?y=2008&m=1

It's near the bottom under "Famitsu Translations and Images! Tons of Info and Starting Roster Revealed!"

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Want to add about Zero Suit Samus, she appears to have two wall jumps. Saw it in an SSE vid that I doubt I'll find.

If you do a wall jump normally (just the control stick) she'll do the lunge jump for distance. However, if you use her Down B she'll do a higher version. A guy used the Down B alone to scale up half a tunnel drop.

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
The Luigi "Wall Cling" (tested with Corneria and Shadow Moses Island):
Luigi has his own version of the Wall Cling. It can only be done by fully charging a Luigi Missile and diving headfirst into a wall. His head will become stuck for a moment and then he'll pull it out.
It has to be charged, but not fully charged. If you count by the pulse sounds that Luigi makes when Green Missile is charging, I'm pretty sure you can do it with as little as a 2-pulse charge, though not less (as it would be considered uncharged).

EDIT: It might be a 3-pulse charge. That is, you can DEFINITELY do it with 3 pulses. And you MIGHT be able to do it with 2 pulses.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
A question for Yuna.
So lets say, you create a stage that is a box and play as lucario. When jumping onto a wall and staying there is just wall jumping, and UpB'ing onto the wall is wall clinging.
Correct?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Don't bump old topics.

2. No, staying on the wall at any time is wall clinging.

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
well then i geuss i must be the only sheik, lucario, diddy, and squirtl to make a giant stage with just flat ground and a wall and then have succsefully scaled it,

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
Go sheik its obvious why she got that technique shes based of a ninja due to most of her attacks eg needes etc ^_^

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn I saw my friend cling onto a wall on a custom stage with Ivysaur. Maybe I was just seeing things.

Neutron Vappy

Smash Rookie
I was playing on Final destination with Toon Link and I got knocked off, and I up-b'd and I am sure I wall clung to the slope underneath the ledge. Maybe have a look into it? I'm not exactly sure if it's wall clinging, but I certainly stayed in one spot and I didn't fall. I was however, able to run up the slope and sort of wall jump. This is probably some other technique.. but it sounds like wall clinging to me.

GofG

Smash Champion
rofl, when did this get necrod? Has it really been necro'd 3 times now? May, sept, and now?

AuraKid

Smash Cadet
lucario can wall cling and i think wall jump.

he can also go into a wall cling from his up b

and i havnt tested this, but i think he can up b after wall clinging.
No you cant up b after a wall cling unless someone or something knocks you off

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This is 5 months old.
Why would you bump it?

Top Bottom