• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...Wait, What!?

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
So I was browsing one of my usual forums and I came across a Thread entitled "What could improve Brawl?" So I gave my opinions about taking more time with the online and a few jokes such as new characters and stages. But one of my opinions, which was remove tripping, was adamantly opposed by one user. His explanation was:

"k tripping shouldn't be removed cause it was a great addition and it appears at random it always happens at random times good or bad which make the match fun at least for me lol"

How could some one have this mindset? is it true that this one person enjoys falling forwards in stead of performing a front smash? My question to you is, do you think this person is so casual, that they think tripping balances characters or maybe something completley different, such as, maybe I've been playing too seriously and don't understand how this could be fun...?

What are your opinions on explaining this, or even tripping in general?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Just let that guy be, the best way to "deal" with it is ignoring him. Fin.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Tripping was probably put in to counter dash-dancing. I don't see why, though. They could have just made it so that characters' initial dashes were the same speed as their normal ones...I can see tripping occasionally on icy surfaces or banana peels, but in normal play? Meh. Crazy.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
That guy was probably being forced to say that. Nobody, even on drugs, would say tripping is cool.

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
That person probably thinks that people's problem with tripping is that it screws them over, and it's saved him before so he's thankful. A lot of people think that's why people hate tripping, even though its because it further randomizes the game.

I like tripping only when I'm screwing around and it looks funny. If it happens in a competitive game with me and my friends, we just go "dam.n tripping" with little anger. It's just funny sometimes, but it's a freaking ridiculous addition to the game lol.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Why would he say that on a board of competitive smashers?
Cause its a free country that's why.;)

If it was a communist country, then that would be different. ( no offense to those countries!)

Anyway.... let him think what he wants. Everyone has their own opinion, so let them live with it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I like tripping only when I'm screwing around and it looks funny. If it happens in a competitive game with me and my friends, we just go "dam.n tripping" with little anger. It's just funny sometimes, but it's a freaking ridiculous addition to the game lol.
Tripping certainly can be funny. When I was teaching my friend how to Snakedash, we both chose Snake and went to Final Destination. I was like, "Okay, watch carefully..." And, as I started to dash, I tripped... Haha, funny, yes. But then I get up, show him how to do it, and the first time he tries to do it...

Yeah, I think you can guess what happened. :laugh:

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
I know what forum you're talking about, lol. Only other forum I'm a member of that you are too. Some people there have rocks instead of brains. I wouldn't listen to noobs like that, especially around there. I bet money he doesn't even HAVE Brawl and doesn't even know what you're talking about when you say tripping.

That, or the other posters in this topic are right, and that he's on drugs. (Or both)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If tripping has to be in the game, there at least better be a switch to turn it off, otherwise NO TRIPPING ALLOWED!

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Players who don't play Brawl competitively will probably stand up for tripping, because it adds a new aspect to the game, when they get lucky and beat someone at a higher skill level. :ohwell: But competitive players will hate it, because they could lose against players at a lower skill level. :ohwell: Personally, I think they shouldn't have put in tripping, but I guess they just knew this would appeal to the more casual gamers and not the competitive ones... And since there are more casual gamers... They make more money. :(

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know, tripping's not such a bad thing. It's RANDOM tripping that's the horrible thing. Let's think about in in terms of real life:

Tripping/falling when someone kicks your legs (d-tilt) -- Sure

Tripping/slipping while running on ice -- Could definitely happen

Tripping when trying to start to run -- Only if you suck at life. No. No, no, no, no. Just... No.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
I heard that if you tripped, you're secretly gay...I don't know about all that, but I do know tripping saved me from tight spots and helped me win. I also rarely trip myself because in matches I'm either completely stationary, or hopping around, since all my quickest attacks are in the air.

P.S. The gay part is a joke. Don't hurt me.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watches theory of tripping: If you trip, it means that --- you are secretly gay and you wanna bat around G&W's black sausage

(credits to GuitarMasterx7)

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
The person who says they like tripping is entitled to their opinion. Even though we disagree because it adds completely random luck to the game for no reason (like Critical Hits in Pokemon D/P...) that person is allowed to think differently.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So I was browsing one of my usual forums and I came across a Thread entitled "What could improve Brawl?" So I gave my opinions about taking more time with the online and a few jokes such as new characters and stages. But one of my opinions, which was remove tripping, was adamantly opposed by one user. His explanation was:

"k tripping shouldn't be removed cause it was a great addition and it appears at random it always happens at random times good or bad which make the match fun at least for me lol"

How could some one have this mindset? is it true that this one person enjoys falling forwards in stead of performing a front smash? My question to you is, do you think this person is so casual, that they think tripping balances characters or maybe something completley different, such as, maybe I've been playing too seriously and don't understand how this could be fun...?

What are your opinions on explaining this, or even tripping in general?
It's not that hard to figure out why he likes it. Now I guess I don't know the forum this was on but chances are he views Brawl as a party game. Not as a competative fighting game. If that was the case then a random occurrence like tripping wouldn't seem that game breaking nor would it kill the game. It would just be a funny feature. Sure it might cost you a match but if it's being played as a party game they might not care enough about losing for it to be game breaking.

Top Bottom