• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait, WHAT? : Smash Bros Brawl Tourney. CANCELED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh well. If it's delayed so the game comes out free of bugs and irritating design flaws, then I have few complaints. This actually means I might PASS my finals instead of ignore them to stay in my room unlocking things.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there, make sure you set the exact date at least a month in advance so those of us who need to can get off of work.

*EDIT: And I live in Phoenix

Sindel

Smash Cadet
Cena, you totally forgot Pikachu in your sig. What the ****. He's pissed now, man. You better watch your back.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What concerns me about restarting this tournament is the distinct possibility of some other unforeseen Nintendo shenanigans that would delay it without significant notice. So I think I'm definitely ruling out the Phoenix Convention Center. Canceling wouldn't be an option there.

I did just discover somewhere else though... It's an empty office space directly adjacent to where I work. It's huge... and empty. They say they're leasing... I wonder if they'll let us rent it for just a day.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
What concerns me about restarting this tournament is the distinct possibility of some other unforeseen Nintendo shenanigans that would delay it without significant notice. So I think I'm definitely ruling out the Phoenix Convention Center. Canceling wouldn't be an option there.

I did just discover somewhere else though... It's an empty office space directly adjacent to where I work. It's huge... and empty. They say they're leasing... I wonder if they'll let us rent it for just a day.
Sweet. Go confirm!

What's the RttF prize again?

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
A small percentage of the pool, I think.

Anyway, Apollo High School has rooms for rent. The Big Hawk Room, if rentable, should be enough for this tournament. I'd try calling them, I forget the number...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, sadly. You know what, there are a few logistical issues that I just can't solve because of Nintendo. The first being that the date could very well change on us again. I was pretty lucky initially in that the Dec 8th date didn't have any money put down on it or I would have lost it. The release date could very well be delayed again.

Second is that Nintendo doesn't have release dates, they have shipping dates. Feb 10 is the shipping date of Brawl. That means Nintendo ships brawl that day, not that "you get Brawl on Feb 10". You probably won't. In fact, there's no way to tell when you will be able to get it, hence the second problem with running a tourney based off of this shipping date.

So no, the tourney is off, sorry.

fark

Smash Apprentice
wack attack.you should just make it for two weeks after it comes out
that way when we really get you have two weeks to get a place
thats not that bad
i dont think it should be canceled

Elysium

Smash Lord
It's Dan's fault! Where's my torch and pitchfork? lol

but really good job calling that Dan...I didn't think they would after it got under two weeks for Japan..but sure enough.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
So it isn't possible to schedule this in the future in March? =[
I don't think anymore delays will happen for sure.

Or was the idea for this tourney basically abandoned? Ah well.

Elysium

Smash Lord
So it isn't possible to schedule this in the future in March? =[
I don't think anymore delays will happen for sure.

Or was the idea for this tourney basically abandoned? Ah well.
No more delays? I hope not but we'll have to wait until Dan gets out his Crystal Ball and finds out for sure.

But I think he still wants to, but canceled it because he couldn't get a time for it to happen. Maybe he'll change his mind and get this one going again...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope, not gonna happen.

Not that I won't have a brawl tournament ever. But I'm not going to be holding a big one that is dependent on the release date of brawl. I was lucky to not have lost a bunch of money the FIRST time it was delayed.

We can really close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom