• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Games Tournament Results Thread March 29th Duluth, GA

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hey usually results threads go up really quick. I'm not sure if they're planning on putting one up. If so delete this one. Anyway. where da shoutoutz?

Total Entrants: at least 49 :-P

im just gonna fill this in as people tell me lol

Singles Results:
1. Mike G
2. Iori
3. Reflex
4. Hidden
5. GA Peach
5. Desu
7. Kirbynoob56
9. Alpha
9. Gerbil
9. George
13: Fullmetal
13: PB&J
13: ihavespaceballs
13:
17: nice1
17: sir-8
17: Wizzlecroff
17:
17:
17:
17:
17:
25: theONEjanitor
25: datman
25: xlz
25:
25:
25:
25:
25:
33: Parthenon
33: BearsAreScary
33: Jeff
33: Tong
33: moogle
33: Poet
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
33:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:
49:

Doubles Results:
W-W-W-WABA CANCELLED

If anyone has full results/brackets post em up.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Parthenon, BearsAreScary, Jeff, and Tong made 33rd
Together we made 132nd

nicaboy

Smash Champion
congrats folks i'll be at the next one i wonder how i will place? anyways congrats again people and the results further prove black people play he best smash :)

xilez

Smash Apprentice
Shout Outs - From (xlz!)

Gerbil- It was nice to meet you man! Your match in LB against PBJ was ****ing intense. Enjoyed talking with you about the game and the community. Looking forward to seeing you at some more up and coming tournies.

Alpha- Quite possibly the most non-chalant Smash player ive ever seen. It was fun finally meeting you and watching you own with your ZSS.

Iori- Best Cameraman Ever!!!!!!!!

PBJ- It was tight meeting you bro, I enjoyed watching your matches and I appreciate the advice you had to offer. Cant wait for those Bi-weeklies to get started.

And to everyone else, it was cool smashing with you guys! See ya on the 19th!!!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
edit: screw it ill just say i forgot what place i got:laugh:

sir-8 and wizzlecroff got 17th

shoutouts later

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
shoutouts:

coach and mslano: always cool to hang out with yall, should have invited me to the fox tournament :-P
iori: why are you good at brawl too? give someone else a chance! you need to use MK's up b more.
mike g: you're on a different level straight craziness
george: beast 9th place. alabama like what...i think you hurt that one guys feelings though. wall of pain gimp at like what 17% thats brokenn
nice1: i think you were the only one there that gave mike g a run for his money, alabama like what lol
laijin: wtf, your kirby is ****. actually its more you than your character...your spacing was godly i couldn't get in on you in our money match
poet: NEEDS MOAR DANCING BLADE
chad: mr. i hate brawl seemed to be having some fun with his pokemans

errone else: lets battle
aura fox: good stuff at winning gamestop regionals
er: good matches. maybe should have stuck to zamus?
wizzlecroff: ohnoesss very close matches. i want rematch immediately. i hate wolf
magic jr.: good matches. sorry i had to gay you with marth i just hate lucas.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Shoutout time!

Coach: Always hilarious talking to you. Sorry you couldn't leave when you wanted to.
Mslano: I love your sweater.
Moogle: Tonberry wearing a Moogle hat is too good.
Mike G: I could barely even touch your Snake. WTF.
Laijin: Your Kirby is too good. We need to Kirby ditto again some time.
Full Metal: Double kill with Dolphin Slash what.
Desu: Did you get to go to Steak 'n Shake?
theONEjanitor: I still feel bad we had to play in the second round. Close games, though. Maybe you should have counterpicked Jigglypuff.
Poet: Don't just drop out because you get bored. Also, rolling into Diddy's bananas is too good. Let's never counterpick Pictochat again.
Iori: Friendcode get!
ihavespaceballs: You make Samus look good even in Brawl. I still can't wrap my head around her.

Gamestop regionalists: Random characters what.
Aurafox: Winning regionals with Yoshi? Crazy. I don't think +2 -2 will get you to nationals, unfortunately.

-Chad-

Slackerator
@Janitor- Yelling and screaming about every insignificant thing in a game always makes that game better than it already is(unless you're screaming by yourself... ). I think Reflex and Iori are good examples. Unfortunately for me, screaming and yelling is the only way I can get some kind of enjoyment out of it since I don't feel fulfilled when I play..

This tourny was great for me to see if I'm gonna like playing in Brawl tournies (even with the mindset of I hate brawl), and after this tourny I don't think I will be traveling to any more brawl tournies ever unless they feature melee alongside with enough people playing in it to actually make it worth going to =x

xilez

Smash Apprentice
i went farther than poet, but lost the round before T1J...so i guess that makes in the bottom half of the 25 group

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
If nice1 got 17th, then I must have gotten 13th, because I lost to Chad right after him.

General comments: Sorry I couldn't talk with people as much as I would have liked, my throat was killing me and my voice was basically dead the whole time.
Also, I'm very much with Chad on this. Except for Memphis based ones that I don't have to travel to, I don't think I'll ever attend another Brawl tournament. The people and the venue at this were great, but it was easily the least enjoyable smash tourney I've ever been to. And the only reason I can find for that is the game itself. There's just no passion or fun involved; I find myself looking at my watch after a few games, whereas with Melee I wouldn't notice as hours and hours flew by.

Now for the important parts of the weekend, the people:
Travel companions
Coach: Apparently M2K is interested in your amazing Fox tournament idea. We need to fly him down for the next one XD. Always awesome to see you, you know that.
Moogle: Thanks for not killing me and Hyper on the drive back, you're a better sleepless driver (and therefore man) than I. Tonmooberrygle is amazing.
mslano: Your house is awesome, thanks for having us.
Iori/Chad/Hyper: What do you need shoutouts for, just call me or something. I only put this here because Iori gets off on seeing people remember him.

People I played in tourney:
Jeff: That was the only exciting and fun Brawl match I've ever played. If there are ever "Samus only" tournaments, I might actually consider attending.
Tilt: I don't even know what to say here because the game (brawl) isn't something I like to think about. "Good games" and "nice Falco" just feel hollow. So, um... "It's just Brawl" sums it up well.
Who else did I play?: I'm sorry, I remember what you look like but I don't remember your name. I know you played Pika in our second game though, and I remember it not being particularly fun for either of us. "It's just Brawl" to you too ;_;
Chad and Iori: lol DML always ***** the **** out of itself, but at least this time It's just Brawl.

People that are social and stuffz:
Desu: Amazing hat. And it's always fun hanging out with you. Nice penguin.
Reflex: You are such a fun person and you bring that to everything you do. Upside down drill Wario -> grab -> whatever is too good, as are motorcycle taunting and OMNOMNOMNOMNOM combos.
Alpha: GET A HAT WITH YOUR NAME ON IT. And $5 insta-noodles are expensively delicious.
Aurafox: It was fun talking to you, I remember at INN2 I misheard someone and thought you were Oro for a while XFD. Congrats on the gamestop win, good luck in Cali (if you go). Sorry you had to miss out on the last couple years of Melee, hopefully if we revive it in TN you can come to some events.
Mike G: At least I'm happy that someone beat Iori (if his cut spamming Metaknight had won I would have cried), and you're as chill as ever. GG on first.
Santa: So... many... bananas.
Venue director people who probably won't even see this: Your store is awesome, if Melee gets revived in GA I hope to attend some other tourneys there. Glad we got you introduced to tio and got the bracket running, and thanks to whoever randomly put my lost Brawl controller behind me, that was random and bizarre and cool.
Fullmetal, Tong, PB&J, Marty, Datman, 112, Nice1, George, Poet, Janitor, Gerbil, and anyone else I forgot: <3s for everybody, you know that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Janitor- Yelling and screaming about every insignificant thing in a game always makes that game better than it already is(unless you're screaming by yourself... ). I think Reflex and Iori are good examples. Unfortunately for me, screaming and yelling is the only way I can get some kind of enjoyment out of it since I don't feel fulfilled when I play..
did somebody say tom

-Chad-

Slackerator
did somebody say tom
Hahah Iori + Reflex = good examples

Tom = Best Example

Also whoever edited IHSB's post (unless he did it himself somehow without it saying he did at the bottom of his post) is really immature. Also mine.

Edit again: Oh now I get it. I'm ********. Hahahah

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
"33: Parthenon
33: BearsAreScary
33: Jeff
33: Tong
33: moogle"

Scrub car alert. I blame the driver.

Also thanks to FullMetal for being the only Brawl 1v1 I played at Waba. No friendlies allowed and Tong knocks me into losers. Sweet.

Fun anyways I guess.

Top Bottom