• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Not if you want to avoid playing against a legion of scrubs that will turn you into a scrub as you play them.
Online play is ruining the fighting game genre. This is a fact.
You're clearly a moron. All play gets you better, and being able to diversify the number of playstyles you are used to is nothing but an advantage.

chaddd

Smash Lord
That would be true if there were a diverse number of playstyles on Xbox Live.
That's a good response and all, but there definitely are.

So what you're saying, is that you've perfected every person you've ever played on Xbox Live ever?

Because that would be the only way you wouldn't be learning something new from playing.

The only way to get worse is to not play. If you can't perfect someone, then playing them will teach you new strategies.

Also I have failed to find any place other than Xbox Live that has a more conveniently diverse group of players.

Case and point, until you can perfect every single person you play online, you'll have to work on getting your foot out of your mouth.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Playing against people who do nothing but throw out Hadoukens/Tiger Shots/ice car all day isn't going to make me any better. It's going to teach me how to be a scrub. I mean, yeah, I win, but it isn't like I have anything to show for it. Hooraaaaaaaay, I beat another mindless spam machine. Excuse me while I alert the presses. :laugh:

chaddd

Smash Lord
Playing against people who do nothing but throw out Hadoukens/Tiger Shots/ice car all day isn't going to make me any better. It's going to teach me how to be a scrub. I mean, yeah, I win, but it isn't like I have anything to show for it. Hooraaaaaaaay, I beat another mindless spam machine. Excuse me while I alert the presses. :laugh:
Yeah, I forgot, you're obviously right. Especially when you make a generalization as completely f*****g ignorant as "all of Xbox Live is a bunch of scrubs".

Considering I'm on Xbox Live and I could wreck you in any game I choose, and on top of that there are still people that beat me on there.

I hate to break it to you, but the majority of all gamers are scrubs, including you (I can tell simply from the fact that you'd rather be right than accept you have a very convenient way to improve).

The majority of Xbox Live players are scrubs, as the majority of players in general are scrubs.

Of course, you have only further proved you are a scrub by arguing this, because the Quick Play feature on Xbox Live matches you against players with similar match records automatically. That means it takes me about 30 games of Marvel 2(against super scrubs) to play against people who actually run MSP and can Magneto infinite or guard break. The fact that you've never played those people only proves you still have a terrible record from losing to all those "scrubs" that you're so busy talking trash about.

So once again, start perfecting everybody or just quit complaining. You don't hear me b*tching about all the people asking me for friendlies at tournaments making me worse. Because not only would that be insulting to them, it would be ignorant to assume I'm so f*cking great that anything less than gaming perfection is reducing whatever invisible experience level that you have created in your head.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Wow, way to miss the point entirely. I mean, you have fanboys here, so people are just going to get in your corner regardless, which leaves me at a disadvantage in any debate where you're involved. Oh well. Guess I just gotta go commit suicide.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Wow, way to miss the point entirely. I mean, you have fanboys here, so people are just going to get in your corner regardless, which leaves me at a disadvantage in any debate where you're involved. Oh well. Guess I just gotta go commit suicide.
It has nothing to do with who likes who. It has to do with people who can't win complaining about an easy way to get free experience.

The very first SF4 tournament in Georgia had one of my friends come in 2nd place, despite the fact that it was his second tournament ever, simply because he played on Xbox Live.

No, it's not that people like me that's hurting your argument, it's probably the giant fountain of ignorant bull**** you seem so intent on using to defend your point.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
lol @ online play.

The only time I've enjoyed online play in a fighter was SFIV.

Actually...that's the only time I've had online fighter experience.

Except MvC1 through emulator.

That is the ****.

Purple

Hi guys!
Not if you want to avoid playing against a legion of scrubs that will turn you into a scrub as you play them.
Online play is ruining the fighting game genre. This is a fact.

i don't get that... the only way that online play is worse is that you can't truly tell if your tricks are working. You can't see the expression your person's face, but that's about it.

I know people like KOfiend and RX-esque players play third strike on ggpo all the time, and being p2p connection it's pretty much arcade perfect.

also everything's based off of records like chaddd said for most online games. Believe it or not, beating a scrub consistantly is the first step. some people truly cannot do that yet still want to consider themselves good. i remember you getting beat by a flowchart ken at some sfiv tourney a while ago...

also chaddd, even though i'm sure you won't do this. maybe you shoudl lighten down on the cuss words so your point gets out clearer o_o

chaddd

Smash Lord
also chaddd, even though i'm sure you won't do this. maybe you shoudl lighten down on the cuss words so your point gets out clearer o_o
That's really not part of who I am. I enjoy cuss words because they are controversial. And the fact that people have been trained their whole lives to react negatively to a specific series of syllables is laughable, at best. No one even understands why they consider cursing bad.

Anyone that judges me for my colorful vocabulary is without a doubt running around with someone else's opinion in their head without even realizing it. It's how I filter out the informed from the uninformed, as considering certain words "curse words" is a primitive practice based on blind tradition and ideals.

If I need to be eloquent, I will do so. Smashboards does not require that level of thought, I'm afraid.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
That's really not part of who I am. I enjoy cuss words because they are controversial. And the fact that people have been trained their whole lives to react negatively to a specific series of syllables is laughable, at best. No one even understands why they consider cursing bad.
I don't think I've ever agreed with a post on SWF more than this one.

who ever decided words couldn't be used? namnamnam

sorry for the off topic post.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
we need to organize a TF2 tourney. 4 person teams, CTF, 40 minute time limit on matches. ties have a sudden death round, first team to score wins.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
we need to organize a TF2 tourney. 4 person teams, CTF, 40 minute time limit on matches. ties have a sudden death round, first team to score wins.
I'd get down with that. I'm not very good, but I play a competent Medic and I know enough basic Engineer stuff that I can do as I'm told in a team situation. I have absolutely godawful aim, though, so don't count on me to play an attack class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom