• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

C!Z

Smash Lord
Great work, Kris err.. Toph. I hope to see you in April. You can buy me that lunch you owe me LOL

I wanna smash now..

dam our prs are filthy now that tophs on the job. except that one where teddy was first OOOPS

lmao the crows talkin ****

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
You'll notice the background I used for the PR that Teddy was first is pink, and also dark and foreboding, like an evil overlord had come to reign over the state of Washington.

That was intentional.

xBananax

Smash Rookie
Btw and I'm just curious cuz I'm gone, but how do you guys feel Iceman stacks up SKILL-WISE (not results-wise) to Winston, Brandon, Andy? I always thought the player tier list in WA was like, 1. Combo Status (otto/teddy/shane), then [significant gap] 2. Vish/Ciz/me, then [smallish gap] 3. Andy/Winston/Brandan, then 4. people like Iceman, Banana (who also seems to be moving up) southern falcos etc.

Do you guys think Iceman is in the 3rd tier now?

I know this has no bearing on PR but I'm just curious cuz I've been away lol.
If the "3rd tier" consists of Andy, Winston, Brandan then both Evan and Myself would be there as well with the others as the "4th tier". Evan does alright against both Andy and Winston I think, and I do alright when playing against Brandan and Winston. I think as of right now Evan is SLIGHTLY better than me, but if we were to start playing again on a regular basis I might be able to close the gap there. Andy is still too hard for me. Eventually I will figure out what to do (I hope)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah it seems like the gap between the 3/4 tiers I listed is small to nonexistent now. Which I think is pretty tight.

THE SAGA CONTINUES...

edit: btw I'm hella good at fighting samus now yo. hit me up on FB about it sometime I could write a book about the matchup

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

smash bros

its pretty good

Probably gonna enter melee this tournament and lose badly xoxoxoxoxoxox

but what character to play? maybe ganon this time.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Chip lives farther (believe it or not), and Shane has the rest of the Oregon community who frequently are down to go. Chip has, like, Kamaji and I forget who else.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Haha, my priorities are just a bit different nowadays but I'm trying to find times to go to tournaments.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
GC is happening the first saturday of every month right? I'll be in WA during July, and I'm going to EVO. Might be able to go to that GC if I can make it to Lynnwood somehow.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Next GC is July 1st.

It's been 3 months, so I think it's time to update this PR.
Unfortunately there was a small-ish turnout this GC, but the past 2 GC's were 40ish people.

Previously:
1. Silent Wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Vish
5. Ciz
6. Iceman
7. Winston
8. Mr. Brandandorf
9. Banana
10. ThePrime

Changes:
ThePrime moves up, since he beat Banana at GC.
Dunno about Brandan and Winston, they have been missing tournaments. Brandan still plays pretty often with others though.
Iceman may move down due to a loss to Oreo.
Consequently, Oreo might move onto the PR with that win.

Ciz will definitely move about Vish, as he's beaten him several times in a row now. Ciz vs Eggz is very debatable. They are 1-1 in this ranking period, but Ciz has more quality tournament wins over PR people. However, I dunno if that's enough to move from 5 to 3. Perhaps with another win over Eggz, Ciz at 3 would be more certain.

Finally, me vs Silent Wolf is a bit tricky. I've won the past 3 GC's, beating him a few times, as well as Zhu twice. Also, I beat Shroomed and did better overall at NCR. I had lost numerous sets to Otto for quite a few tournaments in a row prior to this ranking period though.

Thoughts?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Just a random outside/observers perspective you can disregard if you like. . . BW vs SW is always hype and close, I think because of the nature of your respective characters, you (BW) can do better more consistently, but SW seems to play better when he is on point (Apex).

Since Eggz vs C!z has typically favored Eggz before, and C!z has only managed one victory against him, I think it would make since for Eggz to maintain his placement over C!z, with the burden of proving himself to move up further lying on C!z.

I think C!z passing Vish would make sense if he usually has beaten him.

If Iceman overall has had one loss against someone else on the PR, I don't think that means he has to move down unless someone else(below him) has been doing better than him. If Brandon and Winston haven't been showing, I don't think it would be fair to move them up, so unless ThePrime/Banana might be above Iceman, he should maintain his spot.

ThePrime>Banana makes since if ThePrime has been winning, unless Banana has been placing better. I don't know Oreo at all, but for him to be on the PR he would need to beat out somebody, and if Banana is at 10th, he would need to demonstrate being better than Banana (beating some people who beat Banana, or beating him himself.)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
shane beat sion and **** though. idk I don't think ciz over shane is justifiable tbh

teddy over otto probably -_-

teddy, you only won the last 2 GCs lol. i 6-0d you at march gc. i would give teddy top place, but ive won like the last 7/10 tourneys weve played in (including apex set), two of which were in this period (march gc and gimpys tourney). hes beaten me at a canada tourney before apex and the last 2 gcs. other than that ive been winning since like september. basically what im saying is, i wouldnt give teddy my spot after just 2 tournaments after all the tourneys ive won prior plus the two this period. although if he had won just one more in line with those two, i would.

and just so everyone knows, im ****** all of you noobs next gc lol. time to get serious again

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Ah, my mistake on saying 3. I was under the impression that I had won each time that I brought Vista (which was 3 times), but I guess I was wrong.

Otto at 1 for now

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Potential new list:
1. The one, (emphasis on 1), the only, tha wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Ciz
5. Vish
6. Iceman
7. ThePrime
8/9/10 Mr.Brandandorf/Banana/Winston/Oreo

I'm obviously not sure what to do with 8, 9, and 10.
A bit of a jump for ThePrime, but mostly due to others falling.
Winston has missed the last handful of tournaments, hasn't attended since January I think.
Oreo may move on for beating Iceman.
Mr. Brandandorf attended Another Castle and placed 4th, but missed the past 3 GC's, I think.

im pretty sure brandan beat jess at another castle, now that i think about it. so maybe we could do..

8. brandan
9. jess/oreo
10. jess/oreo

idk what else went down really. if oreo hasnt done anything other than beat iceman once i think we should keep jess at 9.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Does michael aka syler ever go to GCs?

He's really under-rated as a player. I think he could easily be 9 or 10, but idk how frequently he's up there

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
syler doesnt really do tourneys anymore. I play him every now and then tho. I have no doubt he would be top 10 but I kno im better than him nowadays ;)

Otto better watch his spot cuz teddys bringing tha heat this summer

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Alright so we should get this list finalized. We've neglected it long enough.

1) Silent Wolf
2) Bladewise
3) Eggz
4) Ciz
5) Vish
6) Iceman
7) ThePrime
8) Mr. Brandondorf
9) Banana
10) Oreo

Agreed?

Top Bottom