• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 W Round 1 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian loses to perfect edge 0-3.

I got ***** sooo bad XD.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i lost to BarDulL 3-0

i thought he was familiar then i remembered he is the #1 ranked player on gb. you better win as it will make me feel better about losing in the first round of the brackets if it's to the person who won it all. i hope my control is ok i threw it after losing.

well back to sleep for me i'll see how everyone does after i wake in about 2pm pacific.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
K, I could not contact Super Tito. Here is my AIM conversation with him to prove it.

GZSonny (9:56:34 AM): hello?
GZSonny (9:56:48 AM): I'm playing you in round 1 of the brackets
GZSonny (9:59:15 AM): k, well, let me know when ur read
GZSonny (9:59:17 AM): *ready
GZSonny (10:32:17 AM): we only have an hour and a half to do this you know ...
GZSonny (11:03:03 AM): u here? we have less than an hour now
GZSonny (11:30:49 AM): 30 mins left
GZSonny (11:44:28 AM): 15 mins left ...
GZSonny (11:50:59 AM): 10 mins
Jay H Town 281 signed off at 11:53:26 AM.
Jay H Town 281 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i pmed my opponent elbryan, and i found his aim by looking through the pools, but he's offline and i haven't heard from him

Rock Man X

Maverick Hunter
My opponent Chrono917 has not showed up at all. Last time he was on SWF was 9:18pm last night. I could fwd my attempted contact PMs to a ref if needed, otherwise I'll call that I win due to a no-show.

Ghost Pikmin

Smash Cadet
I've checked the online listings here and my AIM but Wobbles has still not come online. He also has currently made no effort to contact me.

It's one minute from deadline, so I guess I win by default.

Ghost Pikmin beats Wobbles the Pheonix (No Show)

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Gojira it doesn't count since you were stalling on the second match. Read the rules.

Stalling:
Excessive stalling is defined as using any glitch or tactic to make your character completely untouchable by an opponent for an excessive amount of time. Using such tactics will result in a match forfeit. Players must submit video evidence to demonstrate that this rule has been violated for the referee to rule in their favor. Also, please note that running away within the normal bounds play or camping ledges does not constitute stalling.

We still have one more match, but I don't know if we can do it becuase you showed up too late.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Gojira it doesn't count since you were stalling on the second match. Read the rules.

Stalling:
Excessive stalling is defined as using any glitch or tactic to make your character completely untouchable by an opponent for an excessive amount of time. Using such tactics will result in a match forfeit. Players must submit video evidence to demonstrate that this rule has been violated for the referee to rule in their favor. Also, please note that running away within the normal bounds play or camping ledges does not constitute stalling.

We still have one more match, but I don't know if we can do it becuase you showed up too late.
What was he doing? If it was just staying back and throwing waddle dee's, that's not stalling. Also, read the part about video evidence. ;D

Gojira

Smash Lord

Stalling:

As far as im concerned DDD's infinite was not banned. That implies to things like sonics infinite stall.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
What was he doing? If it was just staying back and throwing waddle dee's, that's not stalling. Also, read the part about video evidence. ;D
He use using his chain grab against the wall. I don't have video evidence since the match was over 3 min and I don't have a camcorder.

It was on Shadow Mosses Island.

codefelp

Smash Cadet
Hey Sonny. Since Supertito didnt show, Im your next match. So whenever you're ready.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Dedede's chaingrab is allowed. Sorry, Dustero.

How is it allowed? It is a tatic that doesn't allow me to do anything to my opponent.

Stalling:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
How much did he take you to? Like 300% so he could do a KO? I would say it's legal. The rules are pertaining to actual stalling where neither party is causing damage to each other and one is somewhere the opponent has no possible way of reaching for an extended period of time.

In this case, he had you in a combo.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
How much did he take you to? Like 300% so he could do a KO? I would say it's legal. The rules are pertaining to actual stalling where neither party is causing damage to each other and one is somewhere the opponent has no possible way of reaching for an extended period of time.

In this case, he had you in a combo.
I would say it's stalling. It's a tatic that makes the opponent invulnerable. There's no way to get out of it when near a wall. That's why I wasn't trying to dodge it since I thought it was banned.

Also we didn't start playing until after 2:55. I was surpposed to report that Gojira didn't show, but I decided to play him, even though he was supposed to be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom