• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament I - Birmingham, AL - Jul 19, 08

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Please Pre-Register at All is Brawl, so we'll have your info loaded into tio prior to the tournament starting.
All is Brawl Link: http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1583

Singles and Doubles.

$5 door fee
$15 singles
$30 teams

Payout:
70/20/10

Doubles starts at 11:00 a.m.
Singles starts after doubles.

Note: We have 9 37" HD TV's at the venue, but only 2 Wiis.
Wiis and SD TV's would be appreciated if you can bring them.

5192 Caldwell Mill Rd, Birmingham, AL 35244

Google Maps Link

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Rules

Rules

Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Game Settings:
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:
Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokémon Stadium, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes

All other stages are BANNED.

B.Y.O.C.: Bring your own Controller.

Other:
No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs, cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

nice1

Smash Lord
won't be able to make this. i'll be at fast1, but wasn't there gonna be a b-ham tourney at the end of this month from ol dude

vgb-matt

Smash Rookie
We have already started a good thing going with our tourneys by rocking a few Halo-3 events. Everyone has been more than happy so far and we hope to offer the same competitive venue to the Brawlers!

More SSBB Tourney details: http://www.VulcanGameBox.com <- Click the Calendar Link. Some pics to the last tourney at the bottom of the Calendar page.

If you have TV/Wii, feel free to bring it. Can never have too many consoles! We have Nine 37" LCDs and Sixteen or so 22" LCDs by our PC section. But feel free to bring your own rig. If we need more we'll hook it up fo sho'. ;)

gg,
m@

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it me, or is that pot cut ridiculous? I don't regularly host tournaments, so I don't really know, but, it just seems like there's so little payout.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
We've made some major changes to the entry fees and payout. Please take note of them!

3GOD

Smash Ace
Interesting...but I have to admit I'm not excited about the promise of LCD TVs. Of course, this is Brawl, so the lag shouldn't matter that much.

Glad to see the pot thing got straightened out.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Interesting...but I have to admit I'm not excited about the promise of LCD TVs. Of course, this is Brawl, so the lag shouldn't matter that much.

Glad to see the pot thing got straightened out.
Brawl doesn't seem to lag on the TVs, at least from my experience; Melee is a different story. I'd still be much more comfortable with a standard def set, but the TVs are pretty good.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Brawl doesn't seem to lag on the TVs, at least from my experience; Melee is a different story. I'd still be much more comfortable with a standard def set, but the TVs are pretty good.
I have an LCD and have found that it actually has almost no lag (maybe 1 frame or so) if you use the component cables. Do you know if they are hooked up with component cables or standard composite video?

vgb-matt

Smash Rookie
/sleepy?

i might come all the way northern kentuky...
Just an FYI for those who are out of state-- we have all night LAN Parties on Friday's. So you could always grab a sleeping bag and curl up to a Wii all night before the Tourney. There is plenty of room in the rear of the store.

Let me know if you are traveling far for this and I'll work something out with you. I'd rather you crash the night at the LAN Center than drive in that morning and drive home tired.

gg,
m@

3GOD

Smash Ace
So, who is planning to come to this? I'm going to come unless the attendance is really bad.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to come to this (where I actually stand a chance), but I also want to see how I stack up against the East Coast's best (where I don't stand a chance). Curse FAST1.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'ma gonna see how I stack up against some of you guys, as this is my first real brawl tournament so far.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I was just looking at the rules and didn't notice anything about pools or swiss. I hope that doesn't mean that something won't be used to make/seed the bracket.

Yo soy Ikon

Smash Rookie
I'll be there with Reflex's brother and a friend.

I'm ready for the needed competition against different people.

Hopefully I'll at least do well. If you're going to be there, good luck to you all!

- Ikon

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
great matches y'all. Learned some stuff. think I got 7th.

Top Bottom