• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Olimar?

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
I suck versing Olimar, I get rocked by him frequently. I'm an agressive peach player and I'm always in their face but this doesn't work against Olimar, at least when I play. And then I switch to defensive I still get rocked. His pikmin > my turnips.

Any tips on winning against Olimar (on a regular basis? My brother recently switched mains to him and I've been getting my rear end kicked ever since and I usually don't) ?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
-Any aerial into spaced jabs are faster than a shieldgrab.
-All of your aerials have priority over all of Olimar's pikmin attacks, including upsmash.
-Turnips gimp our recovery easily.

What more could you want? Stay in the air and dair pressure us.

Onxy

Smash Lord
-Any aerial into spaced jabs are faster than a shieldgrab.
-All of your aerials have priority over all of Olimar's pikmin attacks, including upsmash.
-Turnips gimp our recovery easily.

What more could you want? Stay in the air and dair pressure us.

Every character's aerial has priority over his Pikmin attacks, but I guess it's because Peach can stay airborn; therefore it creates a bigger threat to Olimar. Am I right?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm talking about moves like fsmash and dsmash for pikmin attacks. not pikmin throw. >_> They do have priority over attacks.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I didn't say Pikmin throw, I said ALL Pikmin attacks; ground, throwing, and aerials.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Use a high concentration of down air and back air. Back air can simultaneously take pikmin out and hit him at the same time.
I love bair vs. olimar, also just try to get him off the edge as early as possible by dair and fair comboing. Gimping olimar is very easy. I just try to be more aggro than usual vs. olimar.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Peach really destroys Olimar if you play with the right style. ABUSE the float and edgehog as soon as you get him off. Lots of Dairs and falling Bairs and Fairs. Don't bother with turnips unless he's way off the stage (don't chase him out there, throw turnips while he's high to keep him away and grab the ledge when he gets low so he can't make it back).

Top Bottom