• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs marth throw game

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
can someone help me out with some advice on what to follow up with at various damages with various di?

one thing in particular..i heard someone say that they preferred not to just chaingrab the dthrow at low damage if the marth fails to di..is there something better i should be doing?

i'm wondering if i should even use the dthrow at that damage as the upthrow seems to set up better for aerial combos

correction: the upthrow seems to set up better if they don't di..i guess i should use dthrow more at low damge because not only can it chaingrab if they miss di..but if not i can at least techchase and rack up some more damage..i don't think i can follow the di on the upthrow at low damage

jmic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'd say use both. It's all really situational and up to your style. Just remember that uthrow to knee at 65% and dthrow to knee at about 85% are guaranteed KOs.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
but does anyone have any idea what i should do at zero % if they don't di a downthrow? i'm wondering what other options i have besides regrab that that other guy could have been thinking of...the nair doesn't seem to hit him before he lands..just barely though

audreyh

Smash Ace
downthrow is best on marth at low percentages. it consistently racks up more damage, in my opinion. If they don't DI, just dthrow to nair (yes it works, even at 0%. push buttons faster =p) if they DI away techchase. You can uthrow if you'd like, but marth can fair you before you can nair... so you can run away, wait for marth's fair, then regrab or whatever.

uair at i duno above 30% you can start uair chains into massive combos.

and of course the infamous 68% - 80% uthrow knee

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
G-reg combo FTW learn it fear it use it
Uair Chains

Your quicker and you can combo the shiz out of a marth so it really is a possible match. make him whiff on one of his more laggy moves and then punish much? hehe

AS Money

Smash Lord
throws pwn marth.

up throw or down throw to nutrals to up airs to knees beat the **** out of me when i am marth

though i am probably DI'ing tarrably

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
audreyh i'm trying it in training mode at 1/4 speed...i doubt speed is the problem..my fingers aren't ridiculously fast..i can't get a full moonwalk yet..but i can waveshine and most other things..oh i can't SHFF missile yet either

but anyways, i'm guessing i must be doing something wrong...so a few questions to try to get this in my head..is there supposed to be a dash before the nair? Because there doesn't seem to be enough time for that..

on the other hand..if you don't dash then you have to di the aerial..and even if you di it the first of your two kicks won't be in range..even with a fastfall it appears the second kick hits after marth touches the ground...

edit: nevermind it seems you do dash..for some reason i got it to work fine at 1x speed but was messing it up at 1/4...go figure

oh for those reading..you basically dash to jump rising nair while diing back to combo with this at zero

audreyh

Smash Ace
ok cool.

yea, you dash forward, jump, nair, hold back a bit, fast fall, lcancel

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so one last question audreyh..wondering what i can do to combo from this..is it possible for me to get a second nair in or not? (this is in reference to starting from zero%) i can always get a grab in from the combo pretty easily...which means i can just throw him down again and go for a nair..even if he dis at that damage (19%) i assume i can hit him with the nair..

but at zero % for some reason i can't get the first nair to pop him up high enough for a second nair..but i might just be too slow

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol, if it's on Final Destination D-Throws are amaaaaazing! Chain Grab Marth all the way to the edge, then short hop DAir for the spike buhauahuahuahuahaaaaa

audreyh

Smash Ace
so one last question audreyh..wondering what i can do to combo from this..is it possible for me to get a second nair in or not? (this is in reference to starting from zero%) i can always get a grab in from the combo pretty easily...which means i can just throw him down again and go for a nair..even if he dis at that damage (19%) i assume i can hit him with the nair..

but at zero % for some reason i can't get the first nair to pop him up high enough for a second nair..but i might just be too slow

it is rather difficult do chain them at zero %, but once you get even one nair, (assuming they don't DI away) you can get a second. However, I'll agree it is much more reliable and easier to grab after the nair.

To answer the question of the uthrow to knee at ~68%. Attempt it.
its a fulljump.

technomancer

Smash Champion
You can peg them at the top of your shorthop after a slight delay at slightly lower percents if they opt not to jump. The trick is to knee immediately upon leaving the ground, so that you knee on the upstroke and get him in the nuts (maximum damage in the nuts, he doesn't need any swordy ******* kids in brawl anyway).

For throw combos at low percents after the first couple throws just Dthrow and Uair and continue. <3 nair but it's pretty sketchy against Mark.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shrugs..and that's why i shouldn't answer questions..i'm still pretty new to falcon...oh and like they said, i was just moving too slow..you can pretty easily dthrow to nair nair nair madness;P even at 0% on marth..

and i figure it's worth learning since if you regrab they are sure to di the second dthrow...while they may not di the nairs quite right..and at the very least you should get two in:)

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
around 70 to 75 IMO is the best percentages to upthrow and do a (full jumped) knee. Also from my experience down throw to knee will work no matter what at 100% to 130% To do it you down throw and do a full dash to shffled knee. From 0% you can down throw chain grab like 4 times. depends on opponents di. Some low percentage combo's down throw raptor boost u-air u-air nair knee. The thing against marths is you gotta stay away from the sword lol. Once your have a combo try to keep it going so you can keep on racking up damage. This is my style though. IMPORTANT Grab combo's **** **** **** marth!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I have a question--

Usually when I upthrow to knee around 65 - 70, the Marth will counter or launch a fair right before the knee connects. Am I jumping too slow or what? Because it doesn't seem like it.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
either youre too slow or, its too high a %. the uthrow is a little laggier than the d throw, so you might be trying a dthrow timing then pushing again, but missing the exact moment you can start moving. i had this problem too. its prob youre not getting the uthrow timing down.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i remember reading that uthrow to knee is usually not an inescapable combo, but it leaves the marth a very small window to escape. he is either extremly accurate, you are too slow or the percentage are wrong.
and a random tip: ive seen isai tech chase ken with dthrow at very low % in them old moast vids or where ever its from. because it is very unusual, as he will expect you to try hitting him in the air, he will usually tech in place. dont overuse it ofcourse, its jut a trick.

Top Bottom